Buck Allen Sell Or Hold?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Buck Allen Sell Or Hold?

Postby Overachiever77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Added him on waivers for team in sig. Already deep at RB and considering selling Allen May be able to get a future 1st plus some if I add a 2nd with Allen. Good enough, shop for more, or hold?
10 team, .5 PPR dynasty, 25 man roster plus 5 rookie/2nd year taxi
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2,WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, 1DST

QB: Watson, Tua, Stafford, Richardson
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Goedart, Ertz, Likely
K: Koo
D/ST: BAL, MIA, LV
2024: 1,2, 2, 3, 3,4,4

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Buck Allen Sell Or Hold?

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Depends.

I am holding

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:02 pm

I think he will have some season long value, but I'd definitely inquire what you can get for him. Especially with your corps or RBs, if you can turn him into first round pick, I'd be all over that.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Sell. Allen is mediocre.

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Never hurts to see what you can get, especially since he's a WW add.
Message me if you’d like to add some flare to your MLF dynasty leagues. Custom team graphics and more...

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm

to follow up, considering you can only start two of Hyde, Gordon, Abdullah, Ajayi, Fournette and Hunt with Kamara and Kelley further down your bench, what would you be holding Allen for?
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm to follow up, considering you can only start two of Hyde, Gordon, Abdullah, Ajayi, Fournette and Hunt with Kamara and Kelley further down your bench, what would you be holding Allen for?
I can start 3 of the RBs with the flex but I get your point. That's why I was looking at selling him. I have an owner looking to get Allen and Kelley. He will give a 2019 1st if I give a 2nd with the RBs.

RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Overachiever77 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 pm
Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm to follow up, considering you can only start two of Hyde, Gordon, Abdullah, Ajayi, Fournette and Hunt with Kamara and Kelley further down your bench, what would you be holding Allen for?
I can start 3 of the RBs with the flex but I get your point. That's why I was looking at selling him. I have an owner looking to get Allen and Kelley. He will give a 2019 1st if I give a 2nd with the RBs.
I would offer a 3rd with the RBs to get it done.

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm
Overachiever77 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 pm
I would offer a 3rd with the RBs to get it done.
We've been going back and forth but haven't been able to agree on the right deal to this point.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Any trade that nets a 1st for Buck is a great one even if you send out a 2nd. Clock's ticking. Don't get greedy.

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm

onetwothree wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm Any trade that nets a 1st for Buck is a great one even if you send out a 2nd. Clock's ticking. Don't get greedy.
Concur. Offer a 3rd with those RBs and if he doesn't bite, do the 2nd and make it happen. You might get better value shopping around but both their value could fall off the cliff anytime as their value is more situational than talent.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm
onetwothree wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm Any trade that nets a 1st for Buck is a great one even if you send out a 2nd. Clock's ticking. Don't get greedy.
Concur. Offer a 3rd with those RBs and if he doesn't bite, do the 2nd and make it happen. You might get better value shopping around but both their value could fall off the cliff anytime as their value is more situational than talent.
He also has to Add Kelly to Buck and the 2nd to get a first. You shouldn't have to add a 2nd to both of those guys for a first, so I wouldn't. f it's just buck and a 2nd for a first I'd do that all day.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:32 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm
He also has to Add Kelly to Buck and the 2nd to get a first. You shouldn't have to add a 2nd to both of those guys for a first, so I wouldn't. f it's just buck and a 2nd for a first I'd do that all day.
Yes but Kelley has a Rib injury and at best he's the (slightly) bigger part of a committee going forward. If it gets him to a first, with his RB depth, I'd jump all over that.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Avery wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:32 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Yes but Kelley has a Rib injury and at best he's the (slightly) bigger part of a committee going forward. If it gets him to a first, with his RB depth, I'd jump all over that.
Is the first looking late or early? My guess is late if someone is willing to sell it for replacement level RBs. Kelly or Buck should net you a 2nd right now each. It's in season and they're productive RBs. I wouldn't pay 3 2nds for a late first. If I thought it there was a chance it was early I'd reconsider
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

mwlviper
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mwlviper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Personally I would sell, I don't see the long term value others see in him
Team 1: 16 team 1 QB .5 PPR League
QB's: J. Allen
RB's: J. Mixon, J. Jacobs, M. Sanders, R. Jones, K. Ballage
WR's: D.J. Chark, W. Fuller, C. Ridley, J. Reagor, P. Campbell, R. Cobb, N. Agholor, J. Washington, M. Valdes-Scantling, C. Samuel, A. Isabella, T. Patrick, R. Gage
TE's: H. Henry, D. Goedert, I. Thomas

2021 Picks: (1) 1st, (2) 2nd, (1) 3rd

Team 2: 16 team 1 QB .5 PPR League
QB's: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo
RB's: A. Kamara, R. Jones, M. Gordon, L. Murray, L. McCoy, D. Booker, C. Clement
WR's: A. Robinson, D.J. Moore, R. Woods, A.J. Green, T.Y. Hilton, G. Ward, L. Shenault, J. Hurd, C. Sims, D. Cain
TE's: T. Kelce, D. Knox

2021 Picks: (1) 3rd