Keenan Allen for Coleman/Diggs/2nd?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Re: Keenan Allen for Coleman/Diggs/2nd?

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:39 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am
CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:18 am Diggs alone is worth equal to or more than KA so getting more on top of that is just gravy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure why you find that so laughable.

Keenan stays healthy for two games and people slowly start to forget about his own risks and inconsistencies spanning across every season of his NFL career and even college career?

I own Keenan in multiple redraft and dynasty leagues (even drafted him after his freshmen year of college in two devy leagues....so I'm probably more invested in Allen than 99%) and even I believe these two are equals in value. Heck, I think Diggs is actually a little more talented to be honest (or had a higher ceiling), but Rivers>Bradford.

This deal, for me comes down to who you like more between Allen and Diggs. Both have injury risks, so that's a wash. I'd lean towards the Diggs side because Coleman is probably about to be written off too soon by the 'what have you done for me lately' dynasty crowd, and Coleman-Kizer seemed to be building nice chemistry. Plus, the free 2nd.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:39 pm
flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am
CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:18 am Diggs alone is worth equal to or more than KA so getting more on top of that is just gravy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure why you find that so laughable.

Keenan stays healthy for two games and people slowly start to forget about his own risks and inconsistencies spanning across every season of his NFL career and even college career?

I own Keenan in multiple redraft and dynasty leagues (even drafted him after his freshmen year of college in two devy leagues....so I'm probably more invested in Allen than 99%) and even I believe these two are equals in value. Heck, I think Diggs is actually a little more talented to be honest (or had a higher ceiling), but Rivers>Bradford.

This deal, for me comes down to who you like more between Allen and Diggs. Both have injury risks, so that's a wash. I'd lean towards the Diggs side because Coleman is probably about to be written off too soon by the 'what have you done for me lately' dynasty crowd, and Coleman-Kizer seemed to be building nice chemistry. Plus, the free 2nd.
KA's value is still largely buoyed by his 2015 season where he was on pace for an absurd amount of targets (something like 190 on the season). Prior to that his best season was as a rookie where he finished as a low end WR2. I get why people love KA since he's a great player, but after watching both of them play I just straight out like Diggs better overall.

KA may fit the mold of a prototypical WR1 a little better but I prefer the electric AB-lite elite route runner who hasn't had multiple severe season ending injuries.

That's just me though.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:45 pm I'd keep Allen, but it's a fair offer. If you can get a 1st instead of the 2nd, then I'd go for it.
This is my thinking as well. Assuming you have to drop someone to accommodate both players, maybe try to tack Dorsett or something onto your end to try to get a 1st.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:45 pm I'd keep Allen, but it's a fair offer. If you can get a 1st instead of the 2nd, then I'd go for it.
i agree, you could counter with
keenan for diggs and 2018 1st...
good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:17 pm
KA's value is still largely buoyed by his 2015 season where he was on pace for an absurd amount of targets (something like 190 on the season). Prior to that his best season was as a rookie where he finished as a low end WR2. I get why people love KA since he's a great player, but after watching both of them play I just straight out like Diggs better overall.

KA may fit the mold of a prototypical WR1 a little better but I prefer the electric AB-lite elite route runner who hasn't had multiple severe season ending injuries.

That's just me though.
He's had 10 targets in each of his first 2 games. Everyone assumed he wouldn't be able to maintain that prior to the season, but he's still Rivers' favorite target and that's not going to change. He has 14 catches, 135 yards, and a TD in those 2 games. One of those games was against the Broncos who basically shut down Dez last night. As for Diggs, I like him and think he's talented, but has been very inconsistent so far in his career and has had his share of injuries as well. Maybe not season ending, but nagging injuries throughout the year that causes a player to be inefficient is sometimes more frustrating than having a player out of the year.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm

That's just me though.
He's had 10 targets in each of his first 2 games. Everyone assumed he wouldn't be able to maintain that prior to the season, but he's still Rivers' favorite target and that's not going to change. He has 14 catches, 135 yards, and a TD in those 2 games. One of those games was against the Broncos who basically shut down Dez last night. As for Diggs, I like him and think he's talented, but has been very inconsistent so far in his career and has had his share of injuries as well. Maybe not season ending, but nagging injuries throughout the year that causes a player to be inefficient is sometimes more frustrating than having a player out of the year.
To be fair, Dez actually fared better against Denver than Keenan did, albeit on six more targets.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm

That's just me though.
The target totals look nice but it's only been two games, and he was averaging about 2 more per game during his 2015 season. He also only went 5/35 against the Broncos, so let's not act like he was burning them all night.

KA also isn't the model of consistency either. He's great, but there's plenty of mediocre games scattered throughout his career. And a handful of major season ending injuries aren't really comparable to a couple of nagging injuries.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Diggs > Allen

Getting the other pieces is just a bonus IMO
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Can the people saying Diggs>Allen explain the rationale?

Only one of those players has had over 1,000 yards.

Only one of those players has basically been a Top-5 WR over the last 10.5 games he played.

If you want to say that Diggs is better because he has less injury history (he barely is safer btw and dropped in the draft because of it like Keenan), then fine.

But can anyone tell me what Diggs does better than Keenan?

I legit don't see how this is even a debate, especially in a 10-team league. Keenan has consistently put up Top-10 WR numbers whenever he has been healthy (hint, he is now). Diggs has flashed, but is nowhere near as consistent and even if you argue his ceiling is higher, it isn't by much and when you consider Keenan's floor is still 10-12PPR pts/week considering his QB loves him and throws to him consistently.

Honestly not seeing how Coleman is even relevant here. He has shown nothing other than his ability to get hurt more than Keenan. He is too small to go up in traffic and stay healthy against NFL bodies and he has no QB.

Keenan's floor is so much higher than Diggs/Coleman and his ceiling is not much less.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:59 pm

FF'81, I just aren't as high on KA as some, plus them reaching for Mike Williams in the first this year combined with KA's injury history (although some is flukey) gives me some caution.

Diggs on the other hand looks like Minnesota's WR1 and the focal point of their passing attack.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:07 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:53 pm Can the people saying Diggs>Allen explain the rationale?

Besides the fact that this is a completely arbitrary milestone in this context, KA barely cracked 1k yards in only 1 of his 5 years in the league, and Diggs came less than 100 yards shy of the mark as a sophomore despite missing 3 games and dealing with lingering injuries.

Only one of those players has basically been a Top-5 WR over the last 10.5 games he played.

We really gonna use a 10.5 games over the course of 3 years as a solid argument?

If you want to say that Diggs is better because he has less injury history (he barely is safer btw and dropped in the draft because of it like Keenan), then fine.

Diggs dropped in the draft because he opted to stay in his hometown and go to a bad football school that couldn't use him well, and suffered a freak injury that held down his numbers a bit. He was a 5 star prospect whose breakout age had star power written all over him.

He's a better route runner, he's more athletic and less injury prone.

I legit don't see how this is even a debate, especially in a 10-team league. Keenan has consistently put up Top-10 WR numbers whenever he has been healthy (hint, he is now). Diggs has flashed, but is nowhere near as consistent and even if you argue his ceiling is higher, it isn't by much and when you consider Keenan's floor is still 10-12PPR pts/week considering his QB loves him and throws to him consistently.

Guess we're just gonna forget about his sophomore year then huh?

Honestly not seeing how Coleman is even relevant here. He has shown nothing other than his ability to get hurt more than Keenan. He is too small to go up in traffic and stay healthy against NFL bodies and he has no QB.

Keenan's floor is so much higher than Diggs/Coleman and his ceiling is not much less.

It's most definitely not.
Last edited by CharlieKelly on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:59 pm FF'81, I just aren't as high on KA as some, plus them reaching for Mike Williams in the first this year combined with KA's injury history (although some is flukey) gives me some caution.

Diggs on the other hand looks like Minnesota's WR1 and the focal point of their passing attack.
But what good is being the WR1 in Minnesota when the ceiling is only 1,000 yards? Am I missing something where Diggs is some specimen of perfect health? Why is Keenan's health a concern for some here, but Diggs' and Coleman's isn't?

Keenan has actually been and still is the focal point of a better passing attack, where as Diggs has shown flashes but hasn't actually put it together yet.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:13 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 pm
Coogan Football wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:59 pm FF'81, I just aren't as high on KA as some, plus them reaching for Mike Williams in the first this year combined with KA's injury history (although some is flukey) gives me some caution.

But what good is being the WR1 in Minnesota when the ceiling is only 1,000 yards? Am I missing something where Diggs is some specimen of perfect health? Why is Keenan's health a concern for some here, but Diggs' and Coleman's isn't?

Keenan has actually been and still is the focal point of a better passing attack, where as Diggs has shown flashes but hasn't actually put it together yet.
Again, arbitrary milestone and Diggs is entering a year where most WRs are generally blossoming into their full potential. There's no logic in saying the ceiling is 1,000 yards for him considering he was well on his way to breaking that mark before he ran into some minor injuries and their OLine fell apart.

KA's health is a concern because he's suffered multiple season ending injuries, while Diggs has really only been dinged up a bit.

Also, Diggs was the WR3 overall in the entire league when he wasn't listed on the injury report.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/stat ... 1285096449

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:07 pm
flyersfan1981 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:53 pm Can the people saying Diggs>Allen explain the rationale?

Besides the fact that this is a completely arbitrary milestone in this context, KA barely cracked 1k yards in only 1 of his 5 years in the league, and Diggs came less than 100 yards shy of the mark as a sophomore despite missing 3 games and dealing with lingering injuries.

We really gonna use a 10.5 games over the course of 3 years as a solid argument?

Diggs dropped in the draft because he opted to stay in his hometown and go to a bad football school that couldn't use him well, and suffered a freak injury that held down his numbers a bit. He was a 5 star prospect whose breakout age had star power written all over him.

He's a better route runner, he's more athletic and less injury prone.

Guess we're just gonna forget about his sophomore year then huh?

It's most definitely not.
Well I am not gonna address each one of your counterpoint, even though I could. We obviously disagree...I am just going to bookmark this one in my favorites and bring it back up in the off-season.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:30 pm

And FWIW, 1,000 yards is not an arbitrary number. An arbitrary number is using something like 1,025 yards because I was trying to make a point sound better. 1,000 yards is basically the measurement for RB/WR success in a season. Sorry you disagree and think it is arbitrary because it doesn't help your case, but it isn't arbitrary.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10