Amari Cooper

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Amari Cooper

Postby Goddard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

After two games, he's outscored AJG, Michael Thomas, and Doug Baldwin (just to name a few players). Obviously he hasn't looked great, but I can't believe people are ready to jump ship so soon. I'm not even the biggest Cooper fan, but if I can get him from a panicking owner for a discount, I'm buying all day.

77/1,109/5.5 - those are his averages from his first 2 years in the league.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Amari Cooper

Postby moishetreats » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Cooper truthers aren't buying him because they anticipate that he'll be in the OBJ/Evans tier or have the Brown/Julio/Green/Jordy production lines -- though he does that have upside. They're buying him in part because of that upside but mostly because his FLOOR profiles as a D. Thomas/Fitzgerald type. If you knew for a fact that Thomas/Fitz would have the careers that they would have, then you'd have paid a lot for them their rookie season. It's a reasonably same prediction that that is Cooper's floor -- and you almost never see that in a 23-year old WR.

Heck, I consider Cooper's floor higher than OBJ's or Evan's floor. Obviously, I'd take OBJ or Evans first. But, as a dynasty asset, that floor hold extraordinary value to many. Two games don't change that.

All that being said, if you sell now, odds are that you're getting 90% of his value. If you're not a believer and think that he'll tank, then trade him now for that 90%. A Cooper truther, though, holds him as a top-5 value but will almost never pay that price: he'll be hoping that, at some point, his owner sours on him because he doesn't quite hold that ceiling that OBJ/Evans holds, and he's waiting to buy when he can get any kind of discount. So, sell now if you want out, but accept 90% of his value -- which is still a lot, by the way...
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --