Sold Gurley a bit low

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Sold Gurley a bit low

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 pm

I've decided I don't trust Gurley and let him go. I couldn't get a buyer for all the effort I put into it and ended up selling a bit low. The 1st should be between 1.02-1.09 due to divisions and strength of division new Gurley owner is in.

I gave- Gurley and Lockett
I got - Davante Adams and 2018 1st

Probably going to try and flip the new player and pick for CMC or Fournette. Tried to do that with Gurley and never got it done.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Sold Gurley a bit low

Postby Eight7Seven » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:46 am

I don't like this trade for you. I don't think you improved your receiver group enough to justify the blow you've given to your running back corps, but I'm probably lower on Adams then most people. I don't see how this move helps you as you're in a sixteen team league that only allows you to start three receivers and requires you to start two running backs.

I think Benjamin and Hopkins are very superior to Adams & I think Diggs is nipping at his heels. Before this move you had three killer starting receivers and a handful of very promising prospects to round out your bench depth. Now you'll when your receivers are healthy you'll have a stud riding the pine and noway for your remaining prospects to help you. Meanwhile you've downgraded from a backfield of Gurley and Mixon (Which is extremely strong in a sixteen team league) to Mixon and a bunch of short term answers and fading prospects.

The only way I think this trade works out for you is if you feel Gurley is on the Trent Richardson trajectory and you just want to get out while you can.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:17 am

I don't like this, you gave up on Gurley to easily. 1.02-1.07 is quit a range, if it ends up being 1.07 this deal stinks if its 1.02 then its not as bad but I still don't like it.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:23 am

tiny bit low, you gotta hope Adams becomes the man in GB

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:25 am

Depends entirely on what you think of Adams. If he becomes a perennial WR1, then no issue with it. I just moved him, and don't believe he'll be that, so this is light for me. Lot depends on the pick though.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:01 am

I think your starting requirements are what makes this a bad move. You needed the RB more than the WR. I also think the hate for Gurley is getting out of hand. Currently he is showing well #preseason, but still he only had one bad year under Fisher...enough said.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

mabeibefunny
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mabeibefunny » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:03 am

Not a big Adams fan so this is light to me. Think you would have been better off holding onto Gurley in hopes of a good game to come up and then move him for bigger value.
Team 1:
10-Team League
.5 PPR, Full IDPs, only 7 players allowed per position
1QB/2RB/2WR/1FLX/1TE/2LB/2DL/2DB/2DP/1K

QB: Rodgers, Newton, Danny Dimes
RB: Gurley, Henry, Freeman, T. Coleman, AP, Ekeler, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson
WR: Evans, Thielen, Woods, Allen Robinson, Shepard, Cobb, JJAW, Mecole Hardman, Renfrow, Gage
TE: Ertz, Mark Andrews, Jarwin

mclilj
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mclilj » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 am

Just flat out hate the trade
Team 1:
2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3RWT 0PPR 8Teams
QBs: Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky
RBs: Gurley, Cook, Lindsay, Henry, Lewis, Hyde, Murray
WRs: Hill, Cooper, ARobinson, Sutton, Fitzgerald, TSmith(NO), Parker, Cain
TEs: Kelce, Burton, Engram
Def: Rams
K:
2019 Picks 3, 4
2020 Picks: 3, 3, 4

Team 2:
2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2WRT 1PPR 8TEAMS
QBs: Mahomes, Wentz, Lock, Carr, Mariota
WRs: MThomas, DAdams, ACooper, OBJ, Kupp, RAnderson, Renfro, Shepherd, Agholor, JMeyers
RBs: Mixon, Henry, Drake, JK Dobbins, Akers, Howard, McKinnon, Hyde, Pollard, DThompson
TEs: Waller, Engram, Graham, Eifert
K: Zeurlein
2020 Picks: 1.06 (JK Dobbins) acquired 1.09 OTC (Akers) 14 overall, 17 overall
2021 Picks: 2nd, 3rd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:31 am

Hopefully for your sake, the 1st ends up being top 3.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 am

I knew everyone would hate it :P

I posted this for reference oin another thread on what I was trying to get and never got any counters.

"I've tried some combo stuff where I get Sammy and a diffrent back like Tevin Coleman or Duke Johnson for Gurley and Tyrell Williams. I've offered him for Fournette even since his injury, offered him for Gordon, offered him, back to the original owner for CMC or Cook+ and no. Keenan plus a 1st, Gurley plust a 1st for Amari, Gurley for Luck, Gurley plust 2 1sts for Zeke, Gurley plust 2 1sts for DJ, Gurley plust a 1st for Bell. Gurley for 2 1sts and Donta Foreman. Not getting any counters back. Guess his value is lower than I thought."

I don't normally like to sell low, but decided to go with my gut on this one. I just don't see it personally and wasn't willing to so much invested in an RB that I believe could fall in value. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I can live with that. It's pretty hard to go against the consensus and forum advice since I generally follow it pretty closely. But I got enough back in this trade I won't completely wreck my team if I'm wrong. The pick has been top 5 last 3 years and I doubt it gets much higher this year though obviously Gurley could help a decent amount if I'm very wrong on him. Picks do hold a good amount of value in my league so I'd give it a bit more value wherever it falls than a normal league.

More than anything I'm just looking to flip the pick and player for someone else but if I can't i'll live with it.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:37 am

Yeah that's pretty cheap for him.

If you could help me out that would be swell
http://www50.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0008
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:47 am

I'm very low on Adams every year and rather high on Lockett this year So I can't say I like this trade. Although I sold Gurley a little low earlier in this offseason (Eifert, Jamaal Williams, 2018 2nd in a Te Premium league) so I can see where your worries came from. I don't dislike moving Gurley but I would've rather seen you land a RB.The 1st definitely helps though a little bit.
My next move would be to use that 1st in a trade to get yourself a new RB to fill for Gurley leaving.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5