Elliott saga going to be deflategate II?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Elliott saga going to be deflategate II?

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:23 am

With all of the stories out there, rumors that they are ready to fight with their lawyers. Could he end up not missing any games and this get dragged on for a year? Anyone see this scenario playing out or is it just wishful thinking on my part.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Elliott saga going to be deflategate II?

Postby Goddard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 am

It's possible, but if I was an Elliot owner, I'd prefer it got resolved now rather than wait it out and have him serve his suspension a year later.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am

I think so. Police found him innocent and that the story was fabricated by his psycho ex-girlfriend and she told her friends to lie to the cops... and yet his employer still punishes him!?! He has more of a case than Brady did with the players union at his back. Goodell should have suspended him 2-4 games for the bar fight and titty incident and let him know he is on very thin ice for all the negative publicity if he does anything at all in the future

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets served in 2018. Would be hilarious if it got reduced to 4 games, but with the length of time for appeals process its the last 4 games of regular season and Zeke owners miss him in the playoffs and championship instead of the beginning lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:20 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am Police found him innocent and that the story was fabricated by his psycho ex-girlfriend and she told her friends to lie to the cops...
Police don't find someone guilty or innocent, they can only arrest if there is evidence of guilt or with a witness (such as the abused) of a degree of burden that a prosecutor feels they can pursue a criminal trial that has a good chance of demonstrating a crime occurred beyond a reasonable doubt. You are correct in that they did not find any reason to charge him with a crime.

In the case of the NFL, the advisors didn't have the same level of legal requirements a court case would and they felt there was enough evidence that they recommended to the NFL that there was substantial and persuasive evidence that he violated their policy. Discussion of violation
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

cowboysfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cowboysfan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 am

It's a mess. Pretty soon we will be able to put together an All-Deflategate team.

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am

I can beat speeding tickets (photo tickets) in Washington DC but cannot in Maryland. Why? Because of how they wrote the law. Best guess: I was guilty of speeding in DC but beat the ticket becuse the law requires them to have a hard copy of the photo. They failed to have the hard copy so it was dismissed. There are other outs as well. In Maryland there are no outs. I destroyed the guy from IBM in the courtroom but was still found guilty becuase unless you can prove the machine was not working correctly that day you cannot win. (the machines self calibrate and they will not admit how many times this happens)

Long Story short Goddell can do whatever he wants EE agreed to be subject to this when he signed his contract plain and simple. Just like I agreed to the laws of MD when I drove in the state of MD. (I know where this camera was: 95 outside Baltimore and would put my car on cruise control)
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 pm

NFL's inconsistency on these matters is highly questionable at best.
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Hopefully they pull him aside and say "you can do 4 now and we're done here, or you can spend money and time in court and serve 6 in 2018. You're move." Either way it won't be 6 in 2017.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 pm

I expect the sentence to be reduced from this process. I'd be okay with it dragging all the way into next offseason, however I would rather just get it out of the way as soon as possible and make sure Zeke is available for the playoffs.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 am

The bottom line is that Zeke needs to get his s$$t together. At this rate he can either implode or become a hoffer. I hope he figures it out.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 am

deagsdan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 pm NFL's inconsistency on these matters is highly questionable at best.
Definitely.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:45 am

dblj1199 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:23 am With all of the stories out there, rumors that they are ready to fight with their lawyers. Could he end up not missing any games and this get dragged on for a year? Anyone see this scenario playing out or is it just wishful thinking on my part.
I mentioned it in several posts last week after they announced the ridiculous suspension. I think it will get dragged out until next season, unless maybe they decide to reduce it and at that point, Zeke and his people(lawyers, agents, etc) will have to decide if it's worth it to spend all the time and money to go through the court system or not, or just serve a reduced sentence. I'll be very surprised if he serves 6 games, that's an absurd amount for a case that is basically she said-he said, not to mention, she has a bunch of character issues, like admitting to the NFL that she considered black-mailing him with sex videos and he "supposedly" has texts saved where she talks about ruining him.