Rookie draft strategy / preseason moves?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Rookie draft strategy / preseason moves?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 am

Just looking for general advice for team in sig. I know I'm in pretty good shape and am a top-3 seed in the league. A couple of questions:

1. Who would you target with my rookie picks?
2. Which cheap veteran TEs would you pursue via trade to bolster TE depth?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Rookie draft strategy / preseason moves?

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:25 am

I don't think there will be an impact RB available at 2.02. Guys like Kamara and Perine are being taken earlier. That said one of the three big TEs could be available so I'd take one of them. If they're all gone I'd look into either JuJu or Foreman.

With your later picks a guy like James Conner might be available. Golladay, Chad Williams, and Gallman are also players I like in the early 3rd.

As far as cheap veteran TEs I think the "cheap" label on Julius Thomas is beginning to ware off, but I like him for cheap. I'm the resident Ebron cheerleader and I'd be remiss not to suggest him. Some people will sell for a 2nd (which is crazy) and if that's the case you need to grab him. A very cheap option is Charles Clay. I picked him up off waivers. He could be the #2 target in BUF and is a healthy season away from relevance. Admittedly I think you're in decent shape with Fleener backing up Kelce.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 am

I'd target one of the top 3 TEs with your first pick, or maybe a Hunt or Perine if they fall for whatever reason. I like taking Foreman there if none of those options are available. With your later picks, I'd take shots on some of the later RBs such as Conner, Mack, Jamaal Williams or McNichols.

As far as cheap TEs, I like going after Ebron if you can get a good price. People could be down on Ertz with all the additions to the Eagles, so he could be another target. Hooper, Doyle or if you want a short term player Brate could all be had for cheap probably too.

Overall, your team should be one of the favorites to win it all. Good luck!
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:24 am

At 2.02, I'd hope one I'd the top 3 TEs are there. If you're looking for veterans, Witten jumps to my mind as someone you might be able to get for very cheap.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 am

I'm leaning toward Foreman or Hunt if they fall to 2.02 (Hunt mostly because I own Ware). It's a shallower league, and I believe Everett and Hodges and other rookie TEs will be undrafted and available off waivers.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd