Trade for Martavis Bryant

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Re: Trade for Martavis Bryant

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:57 am

Every draft I am in or seen lately MB is going over Hunter , No one takes TEs early when you can get guys like Ertz , Rudolph and Ebron around the 10th round or later
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:57 am Every draft I am in or seen lately MB is going over Hunter , No one takes TEs early when you can get guys like Ertz , Rudolph and Ebron around the 10th round or later
He mentioned RB so I think he meant Derrick Henry.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 pm
AresGodOWar wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:57 am Every draft I am in or seen lately MB is going over Hunter , No one takes TEs early when you can get guys like Ertz , Rudolph and Ebron around the 10th round or later
He mentioned RB so I think he meant Derrick Henry.
Ohhh ok my bad I didn't spot that.. idk to me it is team need and win now I have them about even , If you need a WR to win now go MB if you aren't in a hurry for Henry to play and need a young RB go Henry
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

FunctionalAlcoholic
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FunctionalAlcoholic » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 am

Hey curious - a lot of people have stated something like "if you think Henry for Bryant is a fair trade" - why do you say that? The writers of this website are clearly advocating a push to buy Bryant and frankly Henry hasn't done anything to prove (or disprove, to be fair) that he is going to be a RB1 of the future. For those who stated that I am stacked at WR and not at RB, fair, but I'd like to know more from those who apparently don't think Bryant is someone we should by right now.

Care to elaborate?

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2017/ ... lams-shut/
12-team PPR (.5, 1.0 for TE receptions)
QB: Carr, The Unfortunate Soul I Will Be Streaming
RB: Fournette, Gordon, Henry, A. Jones, M Breida, Guice, Dixon, Lindsay, J. Jackson
WR: K. Allen, D. Adams, A. Robinson, A. Cooper, JJSS, Golladay, K. Cole, J. Brown, J. Renyolds
TE: Kelce, T. Burton

FunctionalAlcoholic
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FunctionalAlcoholic » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 am

Yes, Derrick Henry to be clear. Thanks.
12-team PPR (.5, 1.0 for TE receptions)
QB: Carr, The Unfortunate Soul I Will Be Streaming
RB: Fournette, Gordon, Henry, A. Jones, M Breida, Guice, Dixon, Lindsay, J. Jackson
WR: K. Allen, D. Adams, A. Robinson, A. Cooper, JJSS, Golladay, K. Cole, J. Brown, J. Renyolds
TE: Kelce, T. Burton

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:40 am

FunctionalAlcoholic wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:18 pm Thanks guys. Despite Ryan McDowell stating on Twitter that he'd rather have Bryant, I decided to counter with a non-RB deal. Hopefully we'll be able to work something out. Again, thanks for responding to my question.
I like this idea. Hold Henry and try to consolidate WRs for Martavis. Maybe start with two of Doctson/Perriman/Marvin and go from there....

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:32 am

FunctionalAlcoholic wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 am Hey curious - a lot of people have stated something like "if you think Henry for Bryant is a fair trade" - why do you say that? The writers of this website are clearly advocating a push to buy Bryant and frankly Henry hasn't done anything to prove (or disprove, to be fair) that he is going to be a RB1 of the future. For those who stated that I am stacked at WR and not at RB, fair, but I'd like to know more from those who apparently don't think Bryant is someone we should by right now.

Care to elaborate?

No one here is telling you it's a horrible idea to buy Bryant period. I believe the masses are simply saying that Henry is not the piece to move for Martavis due to his potential, his lack of suspensions, and the perception that RBs are harder to acquire than WRs around the same ADP level. If you want to go buy him, go for it. Again, the concern is that you are giving up too good of a piece. And as the post above recommends, you should try to send multiple, less valuable pieces over to protect you more if his value plummets again. Just my thoughts and I probably shouldn't speak for others, but that's what I took from reading all the comments again.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:17 am

FunctionalAlcoholic wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 am Hey curious - a lot of people have stated something like "if you think Henry for Bryant is a fair trade" - why do you say that? The writers of this website are clearly advocating a push to buy Bryant and frankly Henry hasn't done anything to prove (or disprove, to be fair) that he is going to be a RB1 of the future. For those who stated that I am stacked at WR and not at RB, fair, but I'd like to know more from those who apparently don't think Bryant is someone we should by right now.

Care to elaborate?

First, this is the forum section of the web site - not articles. The two are unrelated and we are not here to back up or defend articles that are posted here so I'm not sure why that's related.

Second, Bryant carries an enormous amount of risk. I'm not sure how that's not clear to anyone at this point. That article (posted a month ago) states that at the time his ADP was #51 overall. I don't know about you, but I am not willing to risk an early 5th round startup pick on a guy who has a better than fair chance of being out of the league for good before the end of the year. Advocating FOR buying him at the kind of price is indefensible.

Third, Henry was the #2 back of his class in 2016 and only because he wasn't the one who went to Dallas. He received only 110 carries last season, averaging 4.5 ypc and scored 5 TDs. That's a better average than his teammate and more scores on fewer touches. The only thing keeping him off the field at the moment is that Murray played well in his own right last season - something he didn't do the year prior.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:09 am

Care to elaborate?

Henry has done enough to show me he can be a good back in this league...no one is claiming he'll be a RB1 in the future, but it's definitely a strong possibility. The people, including me, that are telling you not to buy Bryant has nothing to do with his talent. It's the risk that's involved with a player like him and not being able to trust that he will have a long career in the NFL. This is a pure guess, but I'm going to assume that there are 0 players who have been suspended for an entire season who came back, cleaned up their act, and had successful careers.