Shortage of RBs

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Shortage of RBs

Postby Sgtpsych » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:36 am

I was looking at my league mates rosters in order to find some RBs to target. I have some extra WRs in my 24 man roster standard. It seems there are less RBs out there that seem to heave the same value as WRs that produce. Do you all find it harder to find those RBs that would equal an ARob or AJG?
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Shortage of RBs

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:40 am

Yes. But hopefully that will change w this draft class and next years rb class looks great. Hang on to those '18 1sts.
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 am

deagsdan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:40 am Yes. But hopefully that will change w this draft class and next years rb class looks great. Hang on to those '18 1sts.
Agree with this.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:35 am

I'd see what RB you can get for Crowder. Either way I'd draft LF and Mixon to help your RB situation.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:04 am

you look to be landing your teams top 2 rb's via this draft if im seeing things correctly. dont worry about it. keep playing the wire and see what happens going forward. if it were me, i would take lenny and cook...then hope for the best.

if you must add rb...id offer crowder to the crowell and hyde owner and see what happens. i think thats about spot on in your situation and the non ppr format.

for what its worth....i think you can really do some damage in this draft when it comes to your teams overall value. i dont think you need to make a move, and if you were to....giving ajg or arob is not the direction that i would go. in fact....i would try to sell those picks and see what happens. i saw 1.1 go for mg3 and 1.8 in a league. not that it makes sense for you...but you get the idea here.

just my opinion, but your team could use some work before you begin looking to buy rb's via high end wrs. this draft could go a long ways towards that if you were to stand pat. i cant say who you'd land foresure...but walking away with lenny, cook, kamara, everett, and stewart does your team wonders imo.

Oblong_Ball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oblong_Ball » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:14 am

Just draft Fournette and Davis with the 1.01 and 1.02, then you have a potential stud starting RB and all kinds of WR depth to play with to help improve your team even more. You also really need TE help....BAD!

Help here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=144620
:thumbdown:

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:12 am

sloth8u wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:04 am you look to be landing your teams top 2 rb's via this draft if im seeing things correctly. dont worry about it. keep playing the wire and see what happens going forward. if it were me, i would take lenny and cook...then hope for the best.

if you must add rb...id offer crowder to the crowell and hyde owner and see what happens. i think thats about spot on in your situation and the non ppr format.

for what its worth....i think you can really do some damage in this draft when it comes to your teams overall value. i dont think you need to make a move, and if you were to....giving ajg or arob is not the direction that i would go. in fact....i would try to sell those picks and see what happens. i saw 1.1 go for mg3 and 1.8 in a league. not that it makes sense for you...but you get the idea here.

just my opinion, but your team could use some work before you begin looking to buy rb's via high end wrs. this draft could go a long ways towards that if you were to stand pat. i cant say who you'd land foresure...but walking away with lenny, cook, kamara, everett, and stewart does your team wonders imo.
Thank you so much for this insight. Yeah only one I'm hard shopping is Crowder as I think he has less value in standard scoring. I am leaning towards exactly what you are saying. Draft some RBs and and hope that my draft is as successful as leaving with Lenny, cook, Kamari etc.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski