Lopsided Trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
cd6696
Role Player
Role Player

Lopsided Trade?

Postby cd6696 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:10 am

Just got back from a mini vacation and this trade had gone down. The team getting ARob is the commish, who often sends very one sided offers. 3 of 12 owners have quit due to the trade and I'm curious the forums thoughts on it and what would you do? Several owners felt that the commish shouldn't be taking advantage of owners like this, the commish felt he shouldn't have to not accept trades just because he's the commish. Your thoughts

Team A gives
A Robinson, Paul Perkins

Team B gives
Jalen Richard, Joe Williams, Cam Meredith, and Myles Garrett (for non-idpers, he's roughly a 2nd/3rd rookie pick in value)

jwint7910
Starter
Starter

Re: Lopsided Trade?

Postby jwint7910 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:17 am

Lopsided yes... But I don't think everyone should up and quit. One could feel Joe Williams + Richard are about equal to Perkins and if you are not an ARob fan getting rid of him for a young and talented receiver and a generational talent at DE may make sense.

Again, I don't love it, but put you big boy pants on and find those trades if they are out there
Dynasty League: Est. 2012 2018 CHAMPION
10 Team PPR, All tds 6 points, 27 roster
Start: 1-QB, 2-4RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE, 1-K, 1-DEF

QB BigBen, Dak
RB Barkley, Cook, Mixon, Chubb, D Williams, R Anderson, B Anderson
WR Nuk, AB, M Thomas, Cooper, M Williams, Godwin, Gallup, McLaurin, Cain, D Moore
TE Engram, Njoku, Knox
K Zuerlein
DEF Vikings, Chargers

2020:2,2,2,2,3,3-5
2021:1,2,2,5

Dynasty League: Est. 2017
12 Team PPR Superflex, 1/4 point per carry, TE bonus, All tds 6 points, 25 roster
Start: 1-2QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-2TE, 1-K, 1-DEF

QB Rodgers, Watson, Luck, Murray
RB Mixon, Gordon, Chubb, Guice, Harris
WR JuJu, Cooks, Golladay, C Davis, Godwin, Fuller, Miller, Washington, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Quinn, C Moore
TE Engram, OJ Howard
K Zuerlein
DEF Denver

2019: 3.10,4.05
2020: 1,1,1,1,2,2,4-5
2021: 1-5

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:41 am

Why should the commissioner be held to a different standard than the other members of the league? While I do agree that the commissioner should put the league first, I don't believe any owners should be using this as a reason to quit. If they want to pout and quit that's one thing, but to have an expectation that they could accept but the commissioner can not, isn't logical. They feel that strongly about possible collusion or they don't.

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:12 am

It is lopsided. Not worth the league collapsing over. What if ARob has another year like last year and Meredith scores more than he does? What if Joe Williams wins the starting job outright or with a Hyde injury and becomes a RB1 in a Shanahan offense? I've seen so many bad trades go down in my leagues. Some of those deals surprised me when the next year, the team I thought got trade raped ended up getting the better end of the deal. What if during the rookie draft last year someone traded someone good for DJ or Jordan Howard, and it ended up getting vetoed? You would have screwed that owner over big time bc the values didn't line up at the time. This is dynasty, so let people run their teams how they want. You never know how the trade will play out.
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

cd6696
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cd6696 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 am

That's exactly why I'm not quitting the league. I've seen a lot of trades that end up being the other way the next year. It doesn't change that at the time of the deal, the players values were out of whack. I just sent a few offers to the guy giving up ARod. We'll see see what happens moving forward.

cornhole2412
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cornhole2412 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:44 am

On paper the trade is very bad, but real world production could be a lot closer. I wouldn't quit nor would I bash the commish. He shouldn't have to not accept hosejobs just because he runs the league, but the losers that quit could make a deal like that? It's weak and you're league is probably better off for having dropped the dead weight.
All my teams suck. And I'm not in your league.

Splinx
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Splinx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:17 am

The trade is a little lopsided, but not as most think. I really like Meredith and Garrett! Perkins is a non-factor IMHO. Some really like Williams. The rest is fluff. Not worth quitting over. Not that bad of a trade. We also haven't seen what players the other team has. Everybody values things differently. 🤷🏻‍♂️
12 Team Dynasty League
QB - Cousins, Dalton, Bradford
RB - J. Hill, L. Murray, D. Cook, J. Mixon, M. Breida (TS)
WR - A. Cooper, J. Nelson, B. Cooks, C. Meredith, C. Coleman, Sharpe, Treadwell (TS), M. Williams (TS)
TE - Eifert, Henry, Tye
DL - A. Donald, D Hunter, Spence (TS), Rankins (TS), D. Barnett
LB - J. Collins, Perryman, Kwon, J. Smith (TS)
DB - J Addae, B Jones, Amerson

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:28 am

That's lopsided.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:50 am

meredith or williams may end up being the best own/s going forward.... its just the nature of the game.

perhaps the commish has a history of trades that your leaguemates feel are lopsided? i cant see quitting over 1 particular deal, but if there is some history, i can see leaving and in fact, ive done so myself. we all want a fair chance to compete, and if the playing field isnt level....i personally have no interest in sticking around and maybe those owners had similar feelings.

your commish is right, he has the right to any deal just as do all members in the league. the majority of my leagues all see the commish tend to get "nice deals" for guys that ive targeted over time (sometimes even long periods). owners often feel more comfortable dealing with the commish for some reason, imo.

arob is not as desireable as some would think, when it comes to trading him away. its hard to argue when you look at the numbers. he simply isnt going to get the 180 tgts in all likelihood. alot of owners worry about bortles and or/if he is the long term answer. it would be interesting to know if your leaguemate shopped him, or just took this offer. there is a big difference imo, and quite frankly, your leaguemates should probably be upset at that owner, not the commish. perhaps even themselves for not putting an offer in if they wanted to own him. its one thing if the guy took a lesser offer than another...its completely different if the commish's offer was the only one there.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 am

Lobsidded yes. But not worth quitting over they are just jealous they didn't get a similar deal. Tell them to grow up!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:48 am

Terrible trade, but not worth quitting over. Sounds like the other owners were just upset they didn't trade for Arob.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:24 am

pierson242 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 am Lobsidded yes. But not worth quitting over they are just jealous they didn't get a similar deal. Tell them to grow up!
this is a common opinion when these topics pop up, but at some point it does get old. "grow up" is not the answer if people feel like they are getting an unfair shake year after year. i have no problem with someone leaving if they believe the commish is screwing over the uninformed owners.

i play with a few commish that are absolutely loaded. some via good trades and drafting, and others because they are constantly ripping owners off. a commish having a good team, does not mean that they need to screw others. im not in this particular league, but if i felt the commish was just ripping people off....i would leave aswell. 1 trade certainly would not dictate any decsion, but history of it....and im gone, because things are not going to change. every time someone needs replaced...the commish brings in "his" guys.

perhaps its just personal experience, and i do know lopsided trades happen...but the "grow up" part only holds so much weight if the guy running the league is constantly making lopsided trades with the other owners. at the end of the day, it only leads to the commish making fair trades with the solid owners and then replenishing via another lopsided deal. if this sounds familiar.... you know exactly what im talking about, and it is not a league that i would stick around.

there are tons of leagues out there, where this does not happen :thumbup:

cornhole2412
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cornhole2412 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 am

sloth8u wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:24 am
pierson242 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 am Lobsidded yes. But not worth quitting over they are just jealous they didn't get a similar deal. Tell them to grow up!
this is a common opinion when these topics pop up, but at some point it does get old. "grow up" is not the answer if people feel like they are getting an unfair shake year after year. i have no problem with someone leaving if they believe the commish is screwing over the uninformed owners.

i play with a few commish that are absolutely loaded. some via good trades and drafting, and others because they are constantly ripping owners off. a commish having a good team, does not mean that they need to screw others. im not in this particular league, but if i felt the commish was just ripping people off....i would leave aswell. 1 trade certainly would not dictate any decsion, but history of it....and im gone, because things are not going to change. every time someone needs replaced...the commish brings in "his" guys.

perhaps its just personal experience, and i do know lopsided trades happen...but the "grow up" part only holds so much weight if the guy running the league is constantly making lopsided trades with the other owners. at the end of the day, it only leads to the commish making fair trades with the solid owners and then replenishing via another lopsided deal. if this sounds familiar.... you know exactly what im talking about, and it is not a league that i would stick around.

Is the commish ripping people off due to "the c word"? Or because he's savvy and finds ways to exploit his league mates love/hate for particular players? If its because he's just really good at buying low, selling high, and negotiating.... they need to grow up and start doing more homework, or play redraft. If it's because of the "big c" than you're right.

But "screwing" people is part of trading. Ever lose a trade than immediately have 10 crummy offers show up at your feet? Or take over an orphan and get a barrage of junk thrown at you to feel you out? Dynasty owners seek opportunity to win trades or t-rape their opponents every chance they get. Quitting a league because someone is way better at it than you is weak, wether that guy is the commish or not.
All my teams suck. And I'm not in your league.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:23 am

cornhole2412 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 am

Is the commish ripping people off due to "the c word"? Or because he's savvy and finds ways to exploit his league mates love/hate for particular players? If its because he's just really good at buying low, selling high, and negotiating.... they need to grow up and start doing more homework, or play redraft. If it's because of the "big c" than you're right.

But "screwing" people is part of trading. Ever lose a trade than immediately have 10 crummy offers show up at your feet? Or take over an orphan and get a barrage of junk thrown at you to feel you out? Dynasty owners seek opportunity to win trades or t-rape their opponents every chance they get. Quitting a league because someone is way better at it than you is weak, wether that guy is the commish or not.
Well said. Everyone knew the rules when they signed up. If they're unhappy with the direction of the league, than have a vote at the end of the season to fix it, but quitting is not the answer. I'm sure if those owners who quit had this offer sent to them their answer wouldn't have been, "Oh, that trade is too lopsided in my favor........Let me give you a few 1st rounders to even it out so everyone is happy."
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:25 am

Very fair! I guess assuming the commishs team is average and he doesn't do this often then grow up! In the event he's loaded and is constantly doing this I can see where my grow up is uncalled for!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF