Tyrell for Docston?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Tyrell Williams or Josh Doctson?

Tyrell Williams
39%
Josh Doctson
61%

Total votes: 38

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Tyrell for Docston?

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Year on IR vs 1,000 yards and showing up pretty much every week plus great size

Tyrell looks like vjax to me. Doctson is still a total unknown.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:14 pm

I like Tyrell, but I think this will be viewed as an extremely cheap price for Doctson in the near future.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:52 pm

I'm taking Tyrell here.

He is the same age as Doctson, and has an eerily similar physical profile, but has actually already shown he can produce at the NFL level, something Doctson cannot say at this point. Additionally, Mike Williams is (possibly) out of the picture this year, Tyrell immediately steps in as the WR2 on a potent passing offense, but Doctson's age, lack of production, and seemingly the fourth option at best in Washington makes this decision easy. Tyrell.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:07 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:34 pm Tyrell looks like vjax to me. Doctson is still a total unknown.
I've said as much before but watching Tyrell play, he looks just like Evans. I'm not calling him elite by any means. Just the same skill set.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:01 am

doombringer wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:20 pm Keep the guy who is only 3 months older and has produced at a start-able level. His name is Tyrell Williams. I feel like Doctson is about a half a season away from possibly being forgotten. It just seems riskier to own Doctson to me because -

1. At best he is the wr3 on his own team this year, Not sure of Crowder's or Pryor's contracts but I feel like they are set for at least this season and next. So he is likely at best a wr3 again in his age 26 season...I don't know if he is a preferred buy at that point. Probably more likely to be someone I want to buy low at that point. He could be 27 by the time he is on the field for most 2 wide sets.

2. Cousins? I think Rivers is a Charger for life. He has proven to be able to supply wr's with points. I like Cousins to, but he really might be somewhere else by the time Doctson should be playing more.

3. Injury. Can be said about anyone but still... Maybe the idea of coming back from an injury before I even knew if you were good is the scariest part about investing in this player or any with the same situation.

TCU is one thing, the NFL is another. I would keep the guy who has done it before. Imagine if he does better this year? He will actually be worth something.
I would subscribe to this newsletter.

albedo1986
Role Player
Role Player

Postby albedo1986 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:03 am

jeffster wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:01 am
doombringer wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:20 pm Keep the guy who is only 3 months older and has produced at a start-able level. His name is Tyrell Williams. I feel like Doctson is about a half a season away from possibly being forgotten. It just seems riskier to own Doctson to me because -

1. At best he is the wr3 on his own team this year, Not sure of Crowder's or Pryor's contracts but I feel like they are set for at least this season and next. So he is likely at best a wr3 again in his age 26 season...I don't know if he is a preferred buy at that point. Probably more likely to be someone I want to buy low at that point. He could be 27 by the time he is on the field for most 2 wide sets.

2. Cousins? I think Rivers is a Charger for life. He has proven to be able to supply wr's with points. I like Cousins to, but he really might be somewhere else by the time Doctson should be playing more.

3. Injury. Can be said about anyone but still... Maybe the idea of coming back from an injury before I even knew if you were good is the scariest part about investing in this player or any with the same situation.

TCU is one thing, the NFL is another. I would keep the guy who has done it before. Imagine if he does better this year? He will actually be worth something.
I would subscribe to this newsletter.
Haha - yeah I do really have a thing for valuing the known vs unknown - but I understand the pretty unknown is VERY exciting. Seems like Williams is a good hold right now.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Tyrell was a great buy low for the weeks following the selection of Mike Williams.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Close one. If i'm trying to win now I'd easily take the Tyrell side.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:31 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:26 pm Close one. If i'm trying to win now I'd easily take the Tyrell side.
I'd go Tyrell also.