Jordan Howard For Arob?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Jordan Howard For Arob?

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:14 am

cvbuc wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:55 am When you drafted Jordan Howard in (most likely) the 2nd round last year, this was your IDEAL scenario. Taking a late round NFL draft pick from the 2nd round of a rookie draft and flipping him for an upper tier asset.

Historically, Howard would be a major outlier if he sustained this success long term based on the history of guys with his draft values. . It could happen - but it would be the exception. Alfred Morris is a prime example of what usually happens.

This is cashing out of a stock with a MAJOR earnings win. You could gamble for a bigger pay day... I would not.

I recently sold Howard and a 2nd for Brandin Cooks and won't look back with any regret.
Exactly how I'm viewing it
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 am

cvbuc wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:55 am When you drafted Jordan Howard in (most likely) the 2nd round last year, this was your IDEAL scenario. Taking a late round NFL draft pick from the 2nd round of a rookie draft and flipping him for an upper tier asset.

Historically, Howard would be a major outlier if he sustained this success long term based on the history of guys with his draft values. . It could happen - but it would be the exception. Alfred Morris is a prime example of what usually happens.

This is cashing out of a stock with a MAJOR earnings win. You could gamble for a bigger pay day... I would not.

I recently sold Howard and a 2nd for Brandin Cooks and won't look back with any regret.
Generally I would agree. It is a factor as to why I was a big advocate for selling Rawls a year ago. Or Montgomery this season. But there is a component with Howard that is completely absent...competition (or lack thereof). Chicago has not made a single move to suggest that Howard won't be the key cog of the offense.
The rest of the backfield options are pathetic. We knew this a year ago when they added Howard and expected him to take Langford out of the starting role. Aside from knocks against his draft pedigree, there is nothing he didn't live up to and then some.

I'm seeing a lot of people suggesting that the offense will take a step back. Aside from the loss of Jeffery, I'm not seeing it. Plenty of people valued White more than Jeffery, expecting him to take over the #1 role. They also added a couple of free agent WRs and drafted the best rookie QB from this class. Howard should easily surpass 1500 combined yards this year and it should cement him in the minds of the community as an RB1.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Nailed it. I agree 100% with everything stated above.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:02 pm

skip wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 am

Generally I would agree. It is a factor as to why I was a big advocate for selling Rawls a year ago. Or Montgomery this season. But there is a component with Howard that is completely absent...competition (or lack thereof). Chicago has not made a single move to suggest that Howard won't be the key cog of the offense.
The rest of the backfield options are pathetic. We knew this a year ago when they added Howard and expected him to take Langford out of the starting role. Aside from knocks against his draft pedigree, there is nothing he didn't live up to and then some.

I'm seeing a lot of people suggesting that the offense will take a step back. Aside from the loss of Jeffery, I'm not seeing it. Plenty of people valued White more than Jeffery, expecting him to take over the #1 role. They also added a couple of free agent WRs and drafted the best rookie QB from this class. Howard should easily surpass 1500 combined yards this year and it should cement him in the minds of the community as an RB1.
I think you are more likely right than wrong Skip, but the consequences of being wrong are so much harsher than being right. If you end up with Arob and he isn't elite, he will still likely be a mid WR2 for his career. Howard could be replaced next year if you are wrong about him.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 pm

altball24 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:38 pm lol, I am sorry, I can't believe I didn't notice that prior to posting. haha. For Jordan Howard, i'd still take ARob. I think Jordan Howard is going to have a bad year this year with a rookie QB and average at best WR play. Jordan Howard's stock won't be this high at the end of next year.
No worries dude. Done the same thing myself a few times. Lol!!
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:46 pm

skip wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 am

Think he is up their with rawls for sell worthy. I think this draft will get someone fired someday. Giving up that much capital to rookie gm Lynch to move up one spot for Trubisky, who I think was the third best qb in a turd class. This after giving big armed albino good money, "just kidding Glennon, it's not your team, this isn't your chance, and now you better look over your shoulder". The rest of their draft was crap too. Bad franchise making bad moves. I definitely agree with you that Howard could have a good year, 1500 is steep. Think he struggles this year as teams make Glennon throw to hype machine Meridith and brittle boned "I'm not an ambi-turner" white.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm not sure why everyone is so down on Howard...NFL player grades had him as the third best of his class with a rating of 6.1 (chance to become a good NFL starter)....just because he was drafted late doesn't mean his skills are bad.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.