Freeman or CMC/2018 1st (poll)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

McCaff/2018 first or Freeman

McCaff/2018 First
53%
Freeman
47%

Total votes: 34

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Freeman or CMC/2018 1st (poll)

Postby thomasscheeks » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:57 am

Team 2 in sig.

Sent an offer of McCaffrey and 2018 2nd for Freeman and he came back with McCaffrey and 2018 first. If I make the trade I should be in decent shape to make playoffs. But of course, that's never a guarantee.. I really like Freeman going forward, and I'm not super high on McCaffrey. Should I shop around more, try to get him to add, decline and walk away?

*edited to change "team 1 in sig" to "team 2 in sig"*
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Re: Freeman or CMC/2018 1st (poll)

Postby Kramer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:18 am

Maybe counter with CMC, 1st for Freeman, 2nd.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:41 am

Your 1st should be late and Freeman will help you a lot, so yes, I'd do that.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:44 am

I tried CMC/2018 2nd for Gordon but he didn't bite. So I went ahead and accepted the Freeman trade. Thanks for the replies
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)

PRESS50
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PRESS50 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Freeman all day
10 Team PPR - 25 Man roster: Start (1QB, 2 RB , 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX WR,RB,TE) 1DEF,1K) 6pts passing tds

Team #1
QB: Lamar Jackson/CJ Stroud/Flacco
RB: Christian McCaffrey/Alvin Kumara/Dalvin Cook/ Isiah Pacheco/Jerome Ford/Raheem Mostert/Tyjae Spears/Sean Tucker/Gus Edwards
WR: Deebo/Dk Metcalf/Amon Ra St Brown/Cooper Kupp/Marquise Brown/Keenan Allen/Jonathan Mingo/ Jalin Hyatt/Tank Dell
TE: Kittle/Njoku
K: Jake Elliott
DEF:Browns
2024 picks none

Team #2
QB-Joe Burrow
RB Tyjae Spears/Jerome Ford/Chris Rodriguez/ Zamir White/Isiah Spiller/Keaton Mitchell/Sean Tucker
WRS,-AJ Brown/Brandon Aiyuk/Dk Metcalf/Jaylen Waddle/Jerry Jeudy/Jalin Hyatt/Jonathan Mingo/Andrei Losivas
TE- Trey McBride/Michael Mayer
K-Justin Tucker
Eagles D
2024 1st rd pk 1.1
2024 1st rd pk 1.5
2024 1st rd pk 1.7
2024 1st rd pk 1.8
2024 1st rd pk 1.9
2024 1st rd pk 1.10
2024 2nd rd pk 2.1
2024 2nd rd pk 2.6
2024 2nd rd pk 2.8
2024 3rd rd pk 3.1
2024 3rd rd pk 3.6

0crush83
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 0crush83 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:20 pm

thomasscheeks wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:44 am I tried CMC/2018 2nd for Gordon but he didn't bite. So I went ahead and accepted the Freeman trade. Thanks for the replies
I really like that trade for you. I'd give that up pretty easily for Freeman.
12 team PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX/K/DEF
QB- Ryan, Carr
RB- Bell, Hyde, Coleman, Gio, Breida, Thompson
WR- OBJ, AB, Nuk, M. Thomas, Parker, Treadwell, Godwin
TE- Kelce, Engram
D- Eagles, Rams
IR - DJ

12 team PPR - QB/2-4 RB/3-5 WR/1-3 TE
QB- Rodgers, Seimian, Bridgewater, McCown
RB- Bell, Freeman, Gordon, Ingram, Gore, Conner
WR- Julio, Nuk, KA, Landry, Hilton, Cooks, DT, Maclin, R. Matthews, Boyd
TE- Kelce, Rudolph, James, Everett, ASJ

12 team PPR- 1QB/2-4 RB/3-5 WR/1-3 TE
QB- Rodgers, Siemian
RB- Bell, Gurley, Carson, Conner, Gallman, Williams
WR- Nuk, Baldwin, Jordy, DT, Crabtree, Crowder, Decker, Ross, Wallace, Richardson, Higgins, Taylor
TE- Kelce, Maxx

DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League
Mile High Wookiee Syndicate
Co-Owner: SimpleJack
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/70801#0

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 am

I love how polls rarely reflect the consensus view of the people that take the time to comment. Why do I even post polls anymore? lol

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 am

thomasscheeks wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 am I love how polls rarely reflect the consensus view of the people that take the time to comment. Why do I even post polls anymore? lol
I like to see polls because I get tired sometimes of commenting on the same players over and over and over again. It can serve as a nice shortcut in those cases. And let's be honest...how many times do you see members just go the X2, X3, or +1 route...? Less useful than a poll. But I will take the time to add a comment (though I voted yesterday).

My vote went to McCaffery and the 1st but this is a pretty fair deal. My rationale is simple. I expect Coleman to gradually see an increasing role and Freeman's numbers to slowly drop. I'f I'm looking strictly at this upcoming season, he makes plenty of sense. But I'm also of the belief that McCaffery could ultimately show himself to be the best RB of the 2017 class of rookies. He is undersized compared to a couple of them but that doesn't mean he won't have a lot of success as both a runner and receiver much like Jamaal Charles. He may start out in an RBBC with Stewart but that will quickly change. The 1st round pick is more than I view as the gap between the two.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am

skip wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 am
thomasscheeks wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 am I love how polls rarely reflect the consensus view of the people that take the time to comment. Why do I even post polls anymore? lol
I like to see polls because I get tired sometimes of commenting on the same players over and over and over again. It can serve as a nice shortcut in those cases. And let's be honest...how many times do you see members just go the X2, X3, or +1 route...? Less useful than a poll. But I will take the time to add a comment (though I voted yesterday).

My vote went to McCaffery and the 1st but this is a pretty fair deal. My rationale is simple. I expect Coleman to gradually see an increasing role and Freeman's numbers to slowly drop. I'f I'm looking strictly at this upcoming season, he makes plenty of sense. But I'm also of the belief that McCaffery could ultimately show himself to be the best RB of the 2017 class of rookies. He is undersized compared to a couple of them but that doesn't mean he won't have a lot of success as both a runner and receiver much like Jamaal Charles. He may start out in an RBBC with Stewart but that will quickly change. The 1st round pick is more than I view as the gap between the two.
Fair enough.

I know the value is probably on the McCaffrey side, I just needed a "for sure" RB and Freeman has been that for 2 years now. He's a legit 3 down back and not at all an injury concern like Coleman, so I expect Atlanta to pay him and let Coleman walk when his rookie contract is up. He's not going to be a complete stud at his position (Zeke, Bell, DJ), but he'll continue to be a solid back and that's all I really need at this point. He should easily make top 7 in PPR with a lot more upside than that. It's all a guessing game so might as well go with the proven player right?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:26 am

thomasscheeks wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am
skip wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 am

Fair enough.

I know the value is probably on the McCaffrey side, I just needed a "for sure" RB and Freeman has been that for 2 years now. He's a legit 3 down back and not at all an injury concern like Coleman, so I expect Atlanta to pay him and let Coleman walk when his rookie contract is up. He's not going to be a complete stud at his position (Zeke, Bell, DJ), but he'll continue to be a solid back and that's all I really need at this point. He should easily make top 7 in PPR with a lot more upside than that. It's all a guessing game so might as well go with the proven player right?
I wouldn't fault anyone for going either way on this. Freeman should probably be valued higher by the community than he is (including myself). I've got him in my 2nd tier of RBs with the likes of Miller and Howard behind the "big 3" but I'm not prepared yet to slot in any of the rookies in definitive spots.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Polls are useful to see where the majority are at but not as useful as posts. I want to see a train of thought or logic behind why. I'm higher on CMC than most but unless this pick is top 5 I'm taking Freeman. He's a stud on a juggernaut offense even without shanny. Sometimes it's comforting to go with a guy you know barring injury will put up top numbers. I think at worst CMC turns into a wood head type, at best a McCoy type. But a late first is a dart throw unless it's the 2014 class. Now add in Chubb or SB.....I'll take that gamble
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE