Rudolph

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Rudolph

Postby Bulletproof » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:20 am

I'm looking to trade for Rudolph and was curious how others view his short term and long term value. This is a 12 team PPR TE Premium (1.5 PPR) league. I'm hoping to contend this season and already have Travis Kelce, but that is my only TE. I'm worried if Kelce happens to miss any time, I'll be in trouble. So, I'm looking for some quality TE depth and maybe somebody I can even start in a flex spot. This league has two flex positions so you could start up to 3 TEs. For reference, Rudolph was the #10 scoring WR/TE in this format last season. Is he likely to do it again this year or even have a better year? Or was it a one year wonder and he's more likely to fall back to mediocrity. He has an injury history that is worrisome as well. I know Bradford targeted him a lot last year, but what happens if and when Bridgewater is healthy? Interested in your thoughts
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Re: Rudolph

Postby Kramer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:01 am

Hi, Bulletproof. As you are somewhat new, a quick tip about the forum. You're much more likely to get more responses, if you've helped other people out as well. This could be as simple as going to some threads and giving out advice. If you're not a seasoned veteran, I would just look up some ADP rankings and make your decision based off that and just pick a side without fear of reprisal. You could even pick the easy posts and comment on those ones.

For now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I like Rudolph in Minnesota. I see him as a top 5 or 6 TE for the next few years given the target share he's getting on that team. I don't see that target share dropping anytime soon. Having said all that, I think you're going to end up paying too much to acquire a backup TE in a TE premium league. If you could list your team, it'd be easier to say who you should offer for him. It might be easier to go after a cheaper backup option such as a Austin Hooper type.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 am

He should continue to put up top 10 numbers, maybe even closer to top 5. I like the idea of going after him and pairing him up with Kelce.

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Postby Bulletproof » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:12 am

Thanks for the heads up, Kramer. I am new to dynasty and the forum, but will try to start contributing more and help out other people in time. I have no idea what it takes to run an successful forum, but it looks like the level of quality contributors here is very good. So, I think you guys are doing a great job. I don't consider my own opinion on the subject very valuable as I don't watch a lot of football or listen to many analysts. I usually just watch a few games a week and mostly read stuff. I really just play for fun, but enjoy finishing in the money as much as the next guy. I haven't felt very inclined to share my opinion since I think there's so many contributors here that have more informed opinions to share.
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:20 am

I like the idea of going after Rudolph, he seems undervalued to me. Was TE3 last year and is just entering his prime. His injuries don't worry me much; which TE doesn't have an injury history?

Even if Kelce ends up being your go-to TE for the entire season, if you can get a good price on Rudolph then you can always flip him later. But with the aforementioned TE injury rate, you may value the backup/bye week filler of a high-end second TE.
Last edited by jeffster on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 am

Bulletproof wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:12 am Thanks for the heads up, Kramer. I am new to dynasty and the forum, but will try to start contributing more and help out other people in time. I have no idea what it takes to run an successful forum, but it looks like the level of quality contributors here is very good. So, I think you guys are doing a great job. I don't consider my own opinion on the subject very valuable as I don't watch a lot of football or listen to many analysts. I usually just watch a few games a week and mostly read stuff. I really just play for fun, but enjoy finishing in the money as much as the next guy. I haven't felt very inclined to share my opinion since I think there's so many contributors here that have more informed opinions to share.
More than understandable. I was in your spot last summer. Even if you found the easy threads and posted on them to start, you'd be off to a great start. And feel free to ask questions in other threads (on top of your own thread). People are more than willing to explain stuff. Just saying something like, "I'm new here, could you explain why WRs are generally more valued than RBs even though there are more high producing WRs?" is a great way to learn. It's a great resource all around and you'll get a lot out of it. Welcome and best of luck!

P.s. I would get your team in your signature. PM me if you have questions on how to do that.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 am

#2 scoring TE last year and gets no love still, 27 years old and his QB loves to throw to him. Bridgewater won't play this year unless Bradford gets injured. Even if he does, Bridge threw to Rudolph in the Redzone more than any other receiver 2 years ago when that was Rs quarterback so I wouldn't be worried about that.

I can't believe he's not getting any hype, but now is probably your last chance to buy low
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

PRESS50
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PRESS50 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:30 am

Rudolph is good
10 Team PPR - 25 Man roster: Start (1QB, 2 RB , 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX WR,RB,TE) 1DEF,1K) 6pts passing tds

Team #1
QB: Lamar Jackson/CJ Stroud/Flacco
RB: Christian McCaffrey/Alvin Kumara/Dalvin Cook/ Isiah Pacheco/Jerome Ford/Raheem Mostert/Tyjae Spears/Sean Tucker/Gus Edwards
WR: Deebo/Dk Metcalf/Amon Ra St Brown/Cooper Kupp/Marquise Brown/Keenan Allen/Jonathan Mingo/ Jalin Hyatt/Tank Dell
TE: Kittle/Njoku
K: Jake Elliott
DEF:Browns
2024 picks none

Team #2
QB-Joe Burrow
RB Tyjae Spears/Jerome Ford/Chris Rodriguez/ Zamir White/Isiah Spiller/Keaton Mitchell/Sean Tucker
WRS,-AJ Brown/Brandon Aiyuk/Dk Metcalf/Jaylen Waddle/Jerry Jeudy/Jalin Hyatt/Jonathan Mingo/Andrei Losivas
TE- Trey McBride/Michael Mayer
K-Justin Tucker
Eagles D
2024 1st rd pk 1.1
2024 1st rd pk 1.5
2024 1st rd pk 1.7
2024 1st rd pk 1.8
2024 1st rd pk 1.9
2024 1st rd pk 1.10
2024 2nd rd pk 2.1
2024 2nd rd pk 2.6
2024 2nd rd pk 2.8
2024 3rd rd pk 3.1
2024 3rd rd pk 3.6

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:27 am

Like him - i would say no to top 5 or 6 and more in the bottom of the top 10 as new guys emerge.

I would imagine his value is still a bit low relative to his worth though as most people remember the down years still. so good buy low
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard