Fournette or Mixon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Maximus891
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Fournette or Mixon

Postby Maximus891 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:41 am

jeffster wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm Also, just in terms of the length of their leash for not immediately being perfect, Fournette being the 4th pick and Mixon being the 48th should give Fournette the edge, if other factors can't clearly separate the two.
If Mixon didn't make a horrible decision in his past do you think Fournette still goes 4th? Mixon was widely regarded as the best talent in the draft at RB just a huge risk factor. I don't think any other RB in the draft would go before the 4th round if they did what Mixon did. Just my thoughts.
I'm taking Mixon at 1.1 if I have it, but where I did I dropped back and got him at 1.3
Team 1 (18/19 Champ)
QB- Rivers, Jimmy G, Flacco
RB- LF, Kamara, Henry, Ito, Barber, RoJo, Harris, Brieda,
WR- Hopkins, Evans, Golladay, Foster, McLaurin, Perriman
TE- Kelce, Eifert, Knox, Gronk
Taxi-R Ridley, Love

Team 2 (16/18/19 Champ)
QB- Watson, Goff
RB- Zeke, CMC, Gordon, Chubb, R Freeman, Hunt
WR- MT, M Williams, Kupp, Campbell, Chark, Ross
TE- Henry, Hooper, Andrews

Team 3 (17/18 Champ)
QB- Stafford, Murray
RB- Cook, Gurley, Lindsay, Mixon, Drake
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, TY, Kupp, K Johnson, Parker, Renfrow, Ross
TE- Kittle, I Thomas

Team 4 SF
QB- Wentz, Kelly, Lamar, Brissett, Luck, RG3
RB- Chubb, Cook, KJ, Sony, Montgomery, Gallaman, Sproles
WR- Fuller, Watkins, Sutton, Hollywood, Pettis, Moore, Lee, Funchess, Crowder
TE- Kittle, Henry, Shaheen, LaCosse
Taxi- Gaskins, Love, Harmon, Hurd, Sample

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:53 am

Maximus891 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:41 am
jeffster wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm Also, just in terms of the length of their leash for not immediately being perfect, Fournette being the 4th pick and Mixon being the 48th should give Fournette the edge, if other factors can't clearly separate the two.
If Mixon didn't make a horrible decision in his past do you think Fournette still goes 4th? Mixon was widely regarded as the best talent in the draft at RB just a huge risk factor. I don't think any other RB in the draft would go before the 4th round if they did what Mixon did. Just my thoughts.
I'm taking Mixon at 1.1 if I have it, but where I did I dropped back and got him at 1.3
Exactly what I was going to say! We cannot determine everything off of where your drafted. Tom Brady cough cough. Also last year Jordan howard was what a 5th round pick???
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:55 am

spotxc wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:41 pm wow Mixon gathering is strong as ever..Never thought the overwhelming majority would push for him to be #1...

He does have talent, but no way I would take him over fournette as a top 5 pick or even other guys such as dalvin, cmc, and the 2 wrs...How does a guy who takes over games such as cmc, dalvin, and fournette go behind a guy who's talent couldn't even lead him to carry the load on his own college team...

He would need to prove more on that aspect before I could even fathom a push to #1 in this talented group and thats not even factoring in his off the field issues..the risk far outweighs the investment at that price, but call me crazy
Mixon split time with Samaje Perine, a guy who was also drafted in the NFL draft this year. Not like he was splitting carries with Jo Shmo. Also if you take a look Fournette split carries this year as well, Guice ran for nearly 1,400 yards this year. So not sure how Mixon didn't carry the load but fournette did

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:41 am

pierson242 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:53 am
Exactly what I was going to say! We cannot determine everything off of where your drafted. Tom Brady cough cough. Also last year Jordan howard was what a 5th round pick???
This isn't actually relevant to my point.

Whatever the reason Mixon fell may be, management people are a lot less likely to loose their jobs over cutting the 48th pick off than they are if they pull the plug on the 4th pick. So if you can't separate the two based on other things, that provides an edge for Fournette.

If you just clearly think Mixon is the best of the two, go for it.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:01 am

I don't believe Mixon was "widely regarded as the best talent".

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:01 am
There actually was quit a few anylast with resorts saying he may be one the best talents in the drafts but also had a bad reputation which would cause him to fall

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:39 am

pierson242 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 am

There actually was quit a few anylast with resorts saying he may be one the best talents in the drafts but also had a bad reputation which would cause him to fall
I suppose some did, but I don't think it rose to the "widely regarded" level. Here's Waldman in the RSP, for example, where he ranked him RB3:

"One of the reasons I love writing this pre-draft
publication is that I can take an agnostic view of factors
that influence the value of a prospect, but have nothing
to do with on-field talent. In Mixon’s case, don’t mistake
it for a convenient way to ignore violence—especially
violence against women.
My business requires my product be seen by the general
public. My personal views have nothing to do with what
my product is about: delivering analysis about how good
a potential NFL player is, and can be, as a professional."

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:49 am

pierson242 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 am

There's a big difference b/w "quite a few analysts" saying "he may be" x, y or z. And saying he is "widely regarded as the best talent".

It's beginning to seem like he's widely regarded by DLF forum members as the best talent! :P

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 am

Yea I agree with tim. Mixon was certainly "in the mix" as the best rb talent but certainly wasn't "widely regarded" anywhere.

The reality is there is a good chance with no off the field issues he fournette and mccaffrey are all top 10 picks as the bengals clearly loved this kid and likely take him 9 with a clean slate
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm

I have 1.01 in both drafts and even as a HUGE Bengals fan I will be picking Fournette in both.

Gio will continue to have a large role in the passing game which will limit Mixon's potential impact, the O-Line is a mess and Marvin Lewis is the last guy that just hands people starting spots, regardless of draft position. Rookies REALLY need to prove themselves before they are given opportunity.

While I do agree that long term Mixon has potentially a higher ceiling, I think in the short term Fournette will offer the biggest immediate bang for your buck and ultimately trade value. Dynasty players are SOO what have you done for me lately I can quite easily imagine a world where im trading Fournette for Mixon plus a lot
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:55 pm

vbbish wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm I have 1.01 in both drafts and even as a HUGE Bengals fan I will be picking Fournette in both.

Gio will continue to have a large role in the passing game which will limit Mixon's potential impact, the O-Line is a mess and Marvin Lewis is the last guy that just hands people starting spots, regardless of draft position. Rookies REALLY need to prove themselves before they are given opportunity.

While I do agree that long term Mixon has potentially a higher ceiling, I think in the short term Fournette will offer the biggest immediate bang for your buck and ultimately trade value. Dynasty players are SOO what have you done for me lately I can quite easily imagine a world where im trading Fournette for Mixon plus a lot
See Yeldon and JAX oline

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm

pierson242 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:55 pm
vbbish wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm I have 1.01 in both drafts and even as a HUGE Bengals fan I will be picking Fournette in both.

See Yeldon and JAX oline
While I understand the comparison you're comparing a guy who both the team and coaching staff has a huge amount of faith in. Every single time that game was close Hill hit the bench and the ball was put in Gio's hands.

While JAX has shown over and over that they don't believe in Yeldon. Ivory was brought in because they didnt believe in him, they spent a top 5 pick on a RB because they don't believe in him.

Im not arguing that Mixon will eventually become the guy. I just think that expectations need to be tempered when it comes to Mixon's immediate impact
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:50 pm

pierson242 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:55 am
spotxc wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:41 pm wow Mixon gathering is strong as ever..Never thought the overwhelming majority would push for him to be #1...

He does have talent, but no way I would take him over fournette as a top 5 pick or even other guys such as dalvin, cmc, and the 2 wrs...How does a guy who takes over games such as cmc, dalvin, and fournette go behind a guy who's talent couldn't even lead him to carry the load on his own college team...

He would need to prove more on that aspect before I could even fathom a push to #1 in this talented group and thats not even factoring in his off the field issues..the risk far outweighs the investment at that price, but call me crazy
Mixon split time with Samaje Perine, a guy who was also drafted in the NFL draft this year. Not like he was splitting carries with Jo Shmo. Also if you take a look Fournette split carries this year as well, Guice ran for nearly 1,400 yards this year. So not sure how Mixon didn't carry the load but fournette did
Guice ran for that cause fournette got hurt. But see year before. He carried team

Even if mixon had no off field issues and went somewhat earlier, fournette should still be ahead. Unfortunately, it's yet to be seen if he can even handle the 3 down work he's been automatically awarded since he had perine

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Fournette and don't overthink it.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:45 pm

My motto whenever in doubt like this... trade back two spots and accumulate other assets.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins