Moving Pick 2 for Pick 1.....

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Brig
Rookie
Rookie

Moving Pick 2 for Pick 1.....

Postby Brig » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 pm

I really want to move from pick 2 to Pick 1 because I want L Fournette badly. The word on the street is if the draft happened today he would draft Fournette with pick 1.

We are in a 10 Team non PPR league.

If I stand pat I am drafting Davis at 2, and I know some of you prefer Davis to Fournette but for the purpose of this post lets put those feelings aside and focus on what it would take to move up and where do I draw the line.

I have picks 1.2 1.5 3.5 3.8 4.3 4.10 also next year I have three 3rd round picks and the following year I have one 2nd round pick

So I have offered him a 2nd in 2019 and a 3rd rounder 2018 to move up at this time. His Roster includes....

Marriotta, R Wilson
Gurley, T Coleman
TY Hilton, Cooks, M Thomas, Tate, T Austin
G Olsen
Rodgers Winston Goff
Zeke, Fournette, Ingram, Dobbins, Swift
K Allen, Godwin, Sutton, Chark, Sterling Shepard, Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Arcega Whiteside, Shenault
Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Jared Cook, Jonnu Smith,

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Moving Pick 2 for Pick 1.....

Postby dblj1199 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 pm

With your team in a rebuild I wouldn't focus on 1 player but adding as many players as possible. Fournette isn't going to make you a contender. Also if I'm reading his correctly you have no 1 st or 2nd rd picks in 2018 you need to hold every pick possible. I'd either keep both 1.2 /1.5 and take BPA or look to sell off pick 1.2 to add as much as possible with rookie fever.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 pm

That seems like a lot to move up one pick, but I guess if he's your guy, go for it. I wouldn't offer anything more than that though.

For the record, I would keep the pick and just take Mixon.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:40 am

dblj1199 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 pm With your team in a rebuild I wouldn't focus on 1 player but adding as many players as possible. Fournette isn't going to make you a contender. Also if I'm reading his correctly you have no 1 st or 2nd rd picks in 2018 you need to hold every pick possible. I'd either keep both 1.2 /1.5 and take BPA or look to sell off pick 1.2 to add as much as possible with rookie fever.
I mostly agree with this, except I'd definitely keep 1.02 and try to sell off 1.05 for something like a late 1st and a couple mid/high 2nds. I actually like the players going in that range more than I like the players typically going in the 1.04-1.08 range anyway, so I'd rather draft 2-3 guys that I consider a good value than one guy I consider a reach.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:26 am

I know this isn't what you want to hear butttttt id stay where you sre keep all the picks you hve considering you have no future 1 or 2 it sounds like
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:06 am

I'd keep both and draft bpa, should net 2 solid players to start building around. Look to trade some of your later picks for next years- may be able to get some 2nds next year when people still see their guy available in the third
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:31 am

I would give him Latavius, the 2 overall and maybe one of your 4th rounders to move up to 1...but no more. He should be worried about his RB situation and is most likely looking for proven names, not future draft picks.

You are in a spot where you have a decent team and can afford BPA luxuries. I see no reason for you to bust out a ton to move up one spot. Take the next RB off the board at 2. 3 and 4 or most likely RBs as well, leaving you with Davis (or Howard, or whichever top 4 RB remains if someone takes Davis, or Williams) at 5. That's not a bad haul to mix in with your current team.

Focus on moving up from the back. 3rd and 4th round picks are worthless with this draft (talent ends at 20 at best). Bundle and package and move up to the 2nd rounds.

g'luck!
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:37 am

Brig wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 pm I really want to move from pick 2 to Pick 1 because I want L Fournette badly. The word on the street is if the draft happened today he would draft Fournette with pick 1.

We are in a 10 Team non PPR league.

If I stand pat I am drafting Davis at 2, and I know some of you prefer Davis to Fournette but for the purpose of this post lets put those feelings aside and focus on what it would take to move up and where do I draw the line.

I have picks 1.2 1.5 3.5 3.8 4.3 4.10 also next year I have three 3rd round picks and the following year I have one 2nd round pick

So I have offered him a 2nd in 2019 and a 3rd rounder 2018 to move up at this time. His Roster includes....

Marriotta, R Wilson
Gurley, T Coleman
TY Hilton, Cooks, M Thomas, Tate, T Austin
G Olsen
If I am the team with the 1.01 and that is my roster.. I am a RB1 away from being a serious contender for years as long as in the next year or 2 I get another TE behind Olsen.

Soooo If I am that team there is NO way I trade the pick without doing it in a package deal for an already proven RB and not moving back. Sorry.. prolly not what you wanted to hear either, but I feel that team would be better off trading the 1.01 For Howard + 2018 1st or something along those lines.
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

Muppethead
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Muppethead » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 am

Since you have such a strong feeling about Fournette, I'd do whatever it takes to make it happen. Once the other guy actually makes the pick, it'll probably be harder to pry Fournette away from him. You have 2 3rd rounders and 2 4th rounders for this year that you can also use. Do you really need to make 6 picks this year?

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

He definitely needs an RB but maybe he's high on Mixon as well (like I am). If he is you might be able to move up with a minimal offer. I'd offer him something to move up but not much. Dont overpay. Your pick is nearly as valuable as his.
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

Brig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Brig » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:26 am

Thanks for all the advice and I definitely would trade Latavius to move up but his value is almost zero now unless you are looking for Dalvin Cook's Handcuff.

I feel this years draft is loaded and quality talent can be had all the way down to pick 40 so I don't like the idea of trading away my picks this year but id be willing to do so if it meant acquiring Fournette.

Maybe waiting until the preseason starts will make my path more clear as our rookie draft isn't until late August but its important I get it right because of my lack of picks during the next two years.
Rodgers Winston Goff
Zeke, Fournette, Ingram, Dobbins, Swift
K Allen, Godwin, Sutton, Chark, Sterling Shepard, Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Arcega Whiteside, Shenault
Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Jared Cook, Jonnu Smith,

mmass
All Pro
All Pro

Postby mmass » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:29 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 pm That seems like a lot to move up one pick, but I guess if he's your guy, go for it. I wouldn't offer anything more than that though.

For the record, I would keep the pick and just take Mixon.
Fourette bust Mixon next bell... you heard it somewhere else 1st... i second this
Superflex Format Q(SF)RWWFFTDK 12 Team PPR
SF1 - Yr 2
Goff Ryan Darnold Dalton
CMC Cohen Hines McFarland Peterson
Hopkins Adams Boyd Jeffery Shepard Boykins Higgins Quntez Duverney
Andrews Waller

SF2 - Yr 7 - 2019 Champ
Wentz Dak Goff Grier Brisset
Cook Mixon Hyde Mattison Edmonds Boone
M.Thomas Sutton Edelman J.Landry
Kittle Goedart Higbee

SF3 - Yr 4