Marshawn Lynch Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Marshawn Lynch Trade

Postby RGKID144 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:28 pm

Hey all, I have another thread that tracked the early stages of this deal, but my rookie draft came and went, so here is how the trade officially went down with draft picks chosen, etc.

Gave: 2018 1st round pick

Got: Marshawn Lynch, David Njoku.

Team is in my sig, any and all feedback is welcome! FWIW, I'm hoping that the 2018 1st that I gave is in the back half(hopefully bottom three), as I REALLY like my team heading into the season. Thanks!
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

The Faceless Ones
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Marshawn Lynch Trade

Postby The Faceless Ones » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Nice trade Lynch may give 2 solid yrs with Njoku and Engram your TE future and Wr core are strong maybe move a Wr for another Back
Team1 16 3rd
8 team 40 man PPR Dynasty
QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX K Def
QB-Rodgers,Stafford,Watson,Goff,Kizer
RB-McCoy,Lacy,Anderson,Kelley,Montgomery,Lynch,Rawls,Ajai,Ware,Rodgers,Drake,Sims
WR-Jeffery,Julio,Jordy,Landry,Baldwin,
KBenjamin,Watkins,TWilliams,Moncrief,Gordon,Floyd,Stills,Golladay,Roberts,Gabriel,Stewart
TE Kelce,Eifert,Reed,Engram,Everett
K-Hauschka,Crosby
Def- Seahawks,Jags

Team2 16 Champ
8 Team 40 man PPR Dynasty
QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-2TE PK DEF
QB-Rodgers,Winston,Carr,Wentz
RB-Ajai,Fournett,Lacy,Gurley,Matthews,McCoy,Ware,West,Lewis,Perkins,JWilliams,Logan,Cohen
Wr Nelson,Hilton,Crabtree,Meredith,Britt,Pryor,Gordon,Thielen,Treadwell,Mitchell,Miller,Reynolds
TE-Gronk,Kelcie,Hooper,Njoku
PK-Hauschka,Crosby
DEF-Panthers
Taxi-Zay,Williams,Mack,Stewart,Hood,Taylor

Team3
16 Team 20 man roster Standard
QB 2RB 3WR 1TE K DEF
QB-Brees,Goff,Watson
RB-Gore,Kelley,Montgomery,West,Riddick
WR-Cooper,Pryor,Edelman,Hurns,Zay,Miller,GTaylor
TE-Fiedorowicz,Njoku
K-Hauschka
DEF-Panthers,Texans

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:44 pm

As long as that 1st ends up being very late, then I'd say it's an even trade. If not, I'd much rather have the pick.

joker4
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joker4 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:45 pm

If the pick does end up being in the latter part of the draft then I like the trade. I think Lynch is going to be a beast behind that offensive line and I like Njoku a lot although that might be the Browns fan bias in me. Although I like some of the players in next years draft class a lot I think there are only 3-5 guys that really have stud potential and you probably would be outside of those 5 picks anyways with the way your team is currently constructed
16 team .5 PPR

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX

QB-Jared Goff Tom Savage, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB-Ezekiel Elliot, Jeremy McNichols Elijah McGuire, Matt Breida
WR-Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins Corey Coleman, Donte Moncreif Braxton Miller, Marquis Lee, Calvin Johnson
TE-David Njoku Vance McDonald, Bucky Hodges, Dwayne Allen, Jared Cook, Adam Shaheen, Eric Swoope

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:04 pm

The Faceless Ones wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:36 pm Nice trade Lynch may give 2 solid yrs with Njoku and Engram your TE future and Wr core are strong maybe move a Wr for another Back
Agreed. I love Eifert, but I definitely needed some muscle behind him now that OJ Howard is in TB leaving Brate somewhat obsolete. The actual trade was for rookie picks 2.4 and 2.5 which I used to take Marshawn and Njoku.

Let's keep it coming, people.

WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Goddard wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:44 pm As long as that 1st ends up being very late, then I'd say it's an even trade. If not, I'd much rather have the pick.
My team is in my sig, what do you think? I missed the playoffs each of the first 4 years of this league, but made them each of the last two seasons, finishing in 3rd and 4th respectively. I was rebuilding for quite some time, but am finally at the point where my team has not only come together, but it feels locked and loaded with depth at every position(IMO). Obviously, anything is possible, so what do you think? Where do you think that 2018 will fall? Thanks!
joker4 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:45 pm If the pick does end up being in the latter part of the draft then I like the trade. I think Lynch is going to be a beast behind that offensive line and I like Njoku a lot although that might be the Browns fan bias in me. Although I like some of the players in next years draft class a lot I think there are only 3-5 guys that really have stud potential and you probably would be outside of those 5 picks anyways with the way your team is currently constructed
Right, kinda my thoughts exactly. I'm confident in the fact that I should AT LEAST make the playoffs with my roster on paper at the moment. My thinking behind the deal was mostly that I've spent the time in rebuilding for a number of years, and was more so a middle of the pack team the last two years. I don't want to jump the gun, as that's ALWAYS bad practice when rebuilding, but right now, this is the strongest my team has looked since the league's inauguration 7 years ago. Im recognizing that my rebuild is essentially over, and it's probably my time to strike. I think my window has officially begun, so I thought the value was nice on grabbing Lynch and Njoku, a guy that I think will pay off huge for me in the future.

Thanks for the help, all! Let's keep em coming.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 am

This trade was work doing just for Njoku. Now go dump Lynch in a deal.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:47 am

skip wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 am This trade was work doing just for Njoku. Now go dump Lynch in a deal.
Lol, you could be right. I do think Njoku fell pretty hard to me at 2.4, so I was ecstatic to land him and Marshawn, as I think he's a monster.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 am

I like it, pretty good if late 1st for Njoku, I'm good rolling the dice on Lynch
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich