The Seachickens Backfield

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: The Seachickens Backfield

Postby RGKID144 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm starting to think the Prosise love is getting a little ridiculous. I'm not saying this because I'm a Lacy owner(although I do believe in Eddie as the guy to own), but because the dude has one season in his football life with more than 30 carries. He was a WR for two seasons at ND with 0 carries and 10 carries respectively, and then finished his time at ND with 157 carries across 10 games(his only real sample size) in his third season.

Last year, as a rookie he carried the ball 30 times. That's it. I asked the Prosise owner in my league just to get a feel for what he might ask for, and he said he's not moving him for anything less than a mid 1st. I'm not saying this is what everyone thinks, but I've seen some pretty ridiculous asking prices for a guy who has 30 NFL carries, only 10 carries prior in his college career, and shares a backfield with Eddie Lacy. If he does capitalize on an Eddie Lacy injury this year, or steps up with an opportunity he's given and runs with it, good for him. And kudos to everyone who is so high on him. However, at this point in time, I just don't understand the asking price for him and why it's so damn high.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:11 am

I've been targeting Eddie and Procise. Lacy is not the china doll everyone makes him out to be and in ppr CJ (if HE can stay healthy) definitely has stand alone value in ppr. not sure where that leaves rawls if both can stay healthy.
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 am

RGKID144 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 pm I'm starting to think the Prosise love is getting a little ridiculous. I'm not saying this because I'm a Lacy owner(although I do believe in Eddie as the guy to own), but because the dude has one season in his football life with more than 30 carries. He was a WR for two seasons at ND with 0 carries and 10 carries respectively, and then finished his time at ND with 157 carries across 10 games(his only real sample size) in his third season.

Last year, as a rookie he carried the ball 30 times. That's it. I asked the Prosise owner in my league just to get a feel for what he might ask for, and he said he's not moving him for anything less than a mid 1st. I'm not saying this is what everyone thinks, but I've seen some pretty ridiculous asking prices for a guy who has 30 NFL carries, only 10 carries prior in his college career, and shares a backfield with Eddie Lacy. If he does capitalize on an Eddie Lacy injury this year, or steps up with an opportunity he's given and runs with it, good for him. And kudos to everyone who is so high on him. However, at this point in time, I just don't understand the asking price for him and why it's so damn high.
He lit up the Patriots so clearly he is an automatic RB1.

jojo5151
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jojo5151 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:13 am

Hold Rawls he's more familiar with the system & Lacy's a pudge. He'll look even slower behind that "offensive" line imo.
Team 1
1 QB 12 team PPR
QB - T. Law, Carr, Browning, Stidham
RB- Chubb, Gibbs, Gibson, K. Williams, D Henderson, Dowdle
WR/TE- A. St. Brown, Higgins, K. Allen, E. Moore, B .Cooks, N. Brown, Tillman, McBride, Ferguson
Defense - Ravens, Raiders, Rams
Team 2
1QB 10 team PPR
QB - L. Jackson
RB - Pierce, Akers, Mostert, K. Williams
WR - J.Jefferson, Olave, Njigba,Dotson, E.Moore
TE - Ferguson
D- Eagles

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 am
RGKID144 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:53 pm I'm starting to think the Prosise love is getting a little ridiculous. I'm not saying this because I'm a Lacy owner(although I do believe in Eddie as the guy to own), but because the dude has one season in his football life with more than 30 carries. He was a WR for two seasons at ND with 0 carries and 10 carries respectively, and then finished his time at ND with 157 carries across 10 games(his only real sample size) in his third season.

LOL, of course. CLEARLY.

17 of his 30 carries last year came against the Pats for 66 yards(3.9 YPC). However, this is mostly irrelevant because we've simply seen so little of what he can do overall. And I'm certainly not ready to say his small sample size is so unbelievably, wildly successful that his value should be as high as I've seen some people make it out to be. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I don't understand how he's being valued so high with such a small sample size in not only the NFL, but for his career. I think he has definitely glimmered some pretty legitimate skills as a RB, and more notably as a WR, but the brakes need to be pumped just a tad. Let's give the guy some time to grow, and once he shows us a little more that he is capable of producing at a higher level for even a semi-decently longer period of time(perhaps even longer than one game?), we can justify some of his value boost.

FWIW, he averaged roughly 3 touches a game as a rookie.

WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:03 am

RGKID144 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 am

LOL, of course. CLEARLY.

17 of his 30 carries last year came against the Pats for 66 yards(3.9 YPC). However, this is mostly irrelevant because we've simply seen so little of what he can do overall. And I'm certainly not ready to say his small sample size is so unbelievably, wildly successful that his value should be as high as I've seen some people make it out to be. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I don't understand how he's being valued so high with such a small sample size in not only the NFL, but for his career. I think he has definitely glimmered some pretty legitimate skills as a RB, and more notably as a WR, but the brakes need to be pumped just a tad. Let's give the guy some time to grow, and once he shows us a little more that he is capable of producing at a higher level for even a semi-decently longer period of time(perhaps even longer than one game?), we can justify some of his value boost.

FWIW, he averaged roughly 3 touches a game as a rookie.
AND ALSO, although I know it's been said throughout this thread, he's got Eddie Lacy to compete with. I can't predict the future, so there's no way to know if Lacy will blow up or not, but I do know that I'm a YUGE fan of the way Lacy runs, and think he found a perfect match of a team in terms of where his skills will fit best. Carroll's successful tenure in the NFL has been somewhat reliant on bruising backs who dominate by trucking through defenses and wearing them down. It has been a trademark of Carroll's SEA teams since he began his current run in the NFL. Of course, it's a possibility Lacy will get hurt or something else could derail his season, etc. However, my money is on Lacy to be the guy in this backfield and I don't really think it's close. It's just baffling to me that Prosise's asking price in my league is more than I even paid for Lacy. Lacy me all day here.

FKC
All Pro
All Pro

Postby FKC » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:16 am

Prosise is overrated. A 1st is insane!
FKC or subliminally known as KFC
“It’s finger lickin’ good!” -The Colonel
29 Act 5TS 10IR
10 team(0.5 ppr) - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex(WR/RB/TE)(SF in 2024)
Champ '19, '20, ‘21, ‘22
QB: Herbert, Tua, Carr, Ridder, Stroud
RB: D Cook, Barkley, Chubb, Ekeler, Dobbins, K Ingram, Brightwell, C/Z/D Evans, I Spiller, Strong Jr, R Rivers
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, T Hill, Diggs, Pittman, JSN, MT, A Rob, D Johnson, Mingo, Tank D, Hutchinson, Shenault, T Scott
TE: Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Freiermuth
2024 picks: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

bruinbowler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bruinbowler » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 am

RGKID144 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:42 am Just an FYI, Lacy missed 2 games out of 48 in his first three seasons. Last year was his first year missing extended time, and he still averaged a 5.1 YPC. I'm not sure exactly how this backfield will shake out, but I do think Lacy is going to be a MAJOR factor, and I'm confident in saying Carroll will give him every opportunity to be the guy, as he is exactly the type of runner SEA seems to thrive off of.
Agree with this completely.

jojo5151
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jojo5151 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Someone offered me Lacy for Moncrief but I haven't responded yet. Just feel Moncriefs a better long term asset , don't trust Lacys health.
Team 1
1 QB 12 team PPR
QB - T. Law, Carr, Browning, Stidham
RB- Chubb, Gibbs, Gibson, K. Williams, D Henderson, Dowdle
WR/TE- A. St. Brown, Higgins, K. Allen, E. Moore, B .Cooks, N. Brown, Tillman, McBride, Ferguson
Defense - Ravens, Raiders, Rams
Team 2
1QB 10 team PPR
QB - L. Jackson
RB - Pierce, Akers, Mostert, K. Williams
WR - J.Jefferson, Olave, Njigba,Dotson, E.Moore
TE - Ferguson
D- Eagles

FKC
All Pro
All Pro

Postby FKC » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:57 pm

jojo5151 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:31 pm Someone offered me Lacy for Moncrief but I haven't responded yet. Just feel Moncriefs a better long term asset , don't trust Lacys health.
Agree
FKC or subliminally known as KFC
“It’s finger lickin’ good!” -The Colonel
29 Act 5TS 10IR
10 team(0.5 ppr) - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex(WR/RB/TE)(SF in 2024)
Champ '19, '20, ‘21, ‘22
QB: Herbert, Tua, Carr, Ridder, Stroud
RB: D Cook, Barkley, Chubb, Ekeler, Dobbins, K Ingram, Brightwell, C/Z/D Evans, I Spiller, Strong Jr, R Rivers
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, T Hill, Diggs, Pittman, JSN, MT, A Rob, D Johnson, Mingo, Tank D, Hutchinson, Shenault, T Scott
TE: Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Freiermuth
2024 picks: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Dude you have 5 starting NFL RBs already in queue without Rawls and your league only starts 3 at most. Trade Rawls. Value is highest to the owners of the SEA RBs as handcuffs.

g'luck!
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.