How'd I do?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Djg1996
Captain
Captain

How'd I do?

Postby Djg1996 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:03 pm

I think I did great, but looking for the devil's advocate's out there.

Missed 2016 playoffs. Roster looked as follows at season's end
Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins
Ty Montgomery, Gio, CJ Prosise, Chris Thompson
Nuk, Tyreek Hill, Marvin Jones, Josh Doctson
Jimmy Graham, Jack Doyle
A kicker and a team D.
Picks 1.3, 1.11, 2.3, 2.8, 2.9 $15 in cap space

Current team today

Mariota, Cousins
Riddick, Montgomery, Prosise, Chris Thompson
Mike Evans, Amari Cooper
Gronk, Jack Doyle
Same Kicker and team D
Picks 2.8 and 2.9. $2 in cap space. I'm planning to trade/dump Cousins ($28) to free up some money do address depth. I know I'm razor thin at RB but that's just something I am willing to address at a later date.
20 Team Dynasty 1 ppr 1 qb 1 rb 2 wr 1 te 1 flex 1 DST 1K. $150 Cap.
QB Jalen Hurts
RB Jerome Ford, Pierre Strong, D’Onta Foreman, Keaton Mitchell
WR Tee Higgins, Keenan Allen, Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, Josh Downs
TE Dalton Kincaid, Donald Parham Jr,
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

16 Team Dynasty Full PPR 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex K DST $150 Cap.
QB Joe Burrow
RB Nick Chubb Antonio Gibson Kenneth Gainwell
WR Jaylen Waddle DJ Moore Marquise Brown Drake London Jameson Williams KJ Osbourne
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

joker4
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: How'd I do?

Postby joker4 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Your team looks solid other then RB and depth at WR. Would definitely try to trade Kirk for one of the two
16 team .5 PPR

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX

QB-Jared Goff Tom Savage, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB-Ezekiel Elliot, Jeremy McNichols Elijah McGuire, Matt Breida
WR-Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins Corey Coleman, Donte Moncreif Braxton Miller, Marquis Lee, Calvin Johnson
TE-David Njoku Vance McDonald, Bucky Hodges, Dwayne Allen, Jared Cook, Adam Shaheen, Eric Swoope

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:24 pm

joker4 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:08 pm Your team looks solid other then RB and depth at WR. Would definitely try to trade Kirk for one of the two
This

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:54 am

I think I get it (not sure what your cap numbers were before you blew the team up)...

The loss of Cam, Gio, and the first rounders is a bit concerning, but you went the right direction and put skill and youth into the WR position and an unquestionable (as longs as he's back from back injury) STUD TE. Follows your scoring format and gives you a bit more fire-power. Starting team looks like:

Cousins/Mariota
Montgomery
Evans, Cooper
Gronk
FLEX = Doyle

Hate the loss of your 3rd overall, that would of given you a solid RB2 that puts up some numbers. I also don't trust Doyle.

Cousins goes for a premium (WR+late 1st) to a QB hungry team. Get a rising WR that is set on a team with a role and a chance to break out. Target players like Tate, Cooks, Britt, Decker, Allen, Jeffery, Garcon. All are undervalued WR1 on their team and relatively young.

With your late 1, pick up a rookie WR or RB for depth (I like rookie RBs for the colts and chiefs)

With your 2nds, grab up your favorite rookie GB RB as a handcuff (they drafted 3 this year - Williams, Jones, and Mays). With the remaining 2nd, pick a rookie QB to cover your QB2 slot.

Riddick is your remaining trade piece...send him and Doyle for a proven TE to man your TE2 slot and/or use if gronk stays down. Abdullah owner is most likely looking for a handcuff.

After draft, on waivers, see if you can add Turbin from the colts and one of the remaining 2 GB rookie RBs for depth.

You also need a better DST, but you know that.

g'luck!
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.