Pump the brakes!!!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Belichickians
Role Player
Role Player

Pump the brakes!!!

Postby Belichickians » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Haven't see a thread of this sort, there has been undervalued threads I've seen. (feel free to point me in the right direction) but who do you guys think we need to pump the brakes on?

I'll start with Marshawn, he struggled (was injured) the season before he took a year off and as a result of his great landing spot is being overrated imo. The year off may/may not benefit him - but I'm not sure I'd risk a 1st round rookie pick on him even if I was in "win now" mode. Little too much risk there for me.

Fun fact: Lynch was taken at 1.06 in this years Rookie/FA draft in my league. :think:
Team 1:
Dynasty League Co-Commish - 12 team 1QB,3RB,3WR,1TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2Flex
(40 roster spots)
2015 Krakens Cup Champion
QB: Mayfield, Prescott
RB: Kamara, Zeke, K Johnson, Montgomery, Bernard, Pollard
WR: OBJ, Evans, Arob, Hopkins, JJAW, Chark, Edelman
TE: Henry, Waller, Sternberger, Higbee
D: Chargers, Chiefs
DL: Clark, Hunter, Campbell, Flowers, Barnett
LB: Jones, Keuchly, Warner, Alexander, Reddick,
DB: Geathers, Amos, Harrison
2020 Picks: 1.02, 2.01, 2.03
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4,

Dynasty League Commish - SF Full PPR 12 Team QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/2DL/2LB/2DB/1Flex
(34 +1 IR roster spots)
QB Murray, Prescott
RB Taylor, Sanders, Pollard, Henderson, Penny, Love, R. Freeman
WR Juju, Moore, Deebo, Gallup, Landry, Fuller, Reagor, Jefferson, Ross
TE Fant, Everett
DL Young, Allen, Sweat, T. Watt, Barrett
LB D Smith, R Smith, Queen, J. Davis
DB Abram, Byard, Chin

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Pump the brakes!!!

Postby DinoDynasty » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Lynch's value is all over the place, a guy in my league told me he wouldn't trade Lynch for Miller straight up. Mind you this team has 0 chance of competing this year and this was in response to me offering a 2018 2nd + 2018 3rd for him.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

QuintorrisLopezJones
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby QuintorrisLopezJones » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Crowell...
10 Team League .5 PPR QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF
QB: Brees, Big Ben, Watson
WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, DeVante Parker,Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Agholor
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Fournette, Lynch, Conner
TE: Travis Kelce , Hooper, Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: JAX

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Lynch, AP, most rookies...there's a lot more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Corey Coleman at his current ADP is going to break a lot of hearts, Anyone expecting Oj Howard to be productive out of the gate, Brandin Cooks I just dont see getting the targets to be a WR1-2 (yes I know a lot of people disagree), Devante Adams has never come close to passing the eye test, watching him its clear that he is a product of Rodgers, Ty Montgomery!!! People are acutally trading good players for packages with TY Mont as the primary return piece, I personally want nothing to do with an OK WR turned RB.
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Patrick Mahomes
I feel like I'm on an island when it comes to Mahomes and I am quite perplexed on exactly how this kid came flying up boards. Somehow from the end of the college season something happened that caused him to move up by leaps and bounds. I find that quite troubling. Either there surfaced a ton of film on this kid that was previously buried or something off the football field caused this to take place. I suspect it is the latter. Maybe the combine, maybe his pro day...whatever the reason, I don't like the idea that rankings get changed so radically after the end of the year. They've changed so much so that he's leapfrogged basically all of the other rookies when at one time all of Trubisky, Watson and Kizer were ranked ahead of him. Looking at their ADP:

February
195 Watson, 227 Kizer, 231 Trubisky, 236 Mahomes

March
185 Watson, 223 Trubisky, 229 Mahomes, 236 Kizer

April
203 Watson, 214 Mahomes, 231 Trubisky, 238 Kizer

May
163 Watson, 169 Mahomes, 207 Kizer, 214 Trubisky

Watson has made a recent push up the boards, though not as radically as Mahomes who has moved up 5-6 full rounds. We've also all seen where these guys are getting selected in our rookie drafts. My suspicion is the moves by both Mahomes and Watson have a lot more to do with perceived situations than anything. It's even more curious how the QB selected first in the NFL draft is being selected last among these four. I don't understand that at all. I know many are concerned with the small number of games that Trubisky played in college but he also was one of the best in the game in 2016, been pretty much a lock as a top pick in the NFL draft since the season, and done nothing to merit somehow falling behind all 3 of the others.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 pm Patrick Mahomes
I feel like I'm on an island when it comes to Mahomes and I am quite perplexed on exactly how this kid came flying up boards. Somehow from the end of the college season something happened that caused him to move up by leaps and bounds. I find that quite troubling. Either there surfaced a ton of film on this kid that was previously buried or something off the football field caused this to take place. I suspect it is the latter. Maybe the combine, maybe his pro day...whatever the reason, I don't like the idea that rankings get changed so radically after the end of the year. They've changed so much so that he's leapfrogged basically all of the other rookies when at one time all of Trubisky, Watson and Kizer were ranked ahead of him. Looking at their ADP:

February

March

April

May

Watson has made a recent push up the boards, though not as radically as Mahomes who has moved up 5-6 full rounds. We've also all seen where these guys are getting selected in our rookie drafts. My suspicion is the moves by both Mahomes and Watson have a lot more to do with perceived situations than anything. It's even more curious how the QB selected first in the NFL draft is being selected last among these four. I don't understand that at all. I know many are concerned with the small number of games that Trubisky played in college but he also was one of the best in the game in 2016, been pretty much a lock as a top pick in the NFL draft since the season, and done nothing to merit somehow falling behind all 3 of the others.
I think KC trading up for him and taking him in the top 10 ahead of everyone, but Trubisky caused the spike in ADP. On top of that, the QBs this year aren't all that impressive, so I think people are taking the player with the higher perceived ceiling/upside.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm I think KC trading up for him and taking him in the top 10 ahead of everyone, but Trubisky caused the spike in ADP. On top of that, the QBs this year aren't all that impressive, so I think people are taking the player with the higher perceived ceiling/upside.
The problem is his mechanics. Footwork can be coached. Improved pocket presence and going thru reads can be coached. But poor delivery is something that is very difficult to coach out of a player. I think too many are seeing repeated visions of Brett Favre working with Reid and thinking Mahomes is going to be able to produce as well. I have a hard time seeing Reid going from a conservative, ball control QB at this stage to one who is as likely to throw a pick as a TD.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm I think KC trading up for him and taking him in the top 10 ahead of everyone, but Trubisky caused the spike in ADP. On top of that, the QBs this year aren't all that impressive, so I think people are taking the player with the higher perceived ceiling/upside.
The problem is his mechanics. Footwork can be coached. Improved pocket presence and going thru reads can be coached. But poor delivery is something that is very difficult to coach out of a player. I think too many are seeing repeated visions of Brett Favre working with Reid and thinking Mahomes is going to be able to produce as well. I have a hard time seeing Reid going from a conservative, ball control QB at this stage to one who is as likely to throw a pick as a TD.
This might be similar to when Alex Smith got benched for Kaep. Kaep played well initially and was the next best thing, but ended up flaming out (some of it may be due to recent actions by him, but he was already struggling prior to that as well). Not saying Smith should keep that job because he's probably the most overrated starting QB in the league and the Chiefs may have been closer to a superbowl if they actually had someone decent. But this just feels like Mahomes is the next Kaep, except taken a round earlier.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:06 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 pm Patrick Mahomes

February

March

April

May

You're right, of course, that Trubisky was the first QB taking in the NFL draft and I bet most teams had him ranked as the top qb on their boards. It was a weak QB class and we're probably not going to see many HOF's or Fantasy Football studs from it. If I had to guess who will have the most successful career, it might be Trubisky, but as it pertains to fantasy football especially in a weak QB crop, I'd much rather take a chance on a higher ceiling/lower floor kind of guy like Mahomes than I would a safer pick like Trubisky. Maybe Trubisky will prove me wrong, but a lot of the other QB's have more impressive physical tools and higher ceilings. I don't think they'll come close to reaching their ceilings, but again if I had to pick in this crop, it would be a guy like Mahomes.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Tyreek Hill.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Belichickians
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Belichickians » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm Tyreek Hill.
I agree here, he's too streaky for me. I'd rather a consistent 10pts/week rather than 2pts one week and 20pts the next (just as an example). But that's just me.
Team 1:
Dynasty League Co-Commish - 12 team 1QB,3RB,3WR,1TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2Flex
(40 roster spots)
2015 Krakens Cup Champion
QB: Mayfield, Prescott
RB: Kamara, Zeke, K Johnson, Montgomery, Bernard, Pollard
WR: OBJ, Evans, Arob, Hopkins, JJAW, Chark, Edelman
TE: Henry, Waller, Sternberger, Higbee
D: Chargers, Chiefs
DL: Clark, Hunter, Campbell, Flowers, Barnett
LB: Jones, Keuchly, Warner, Alexander, Reddick,
DB: Geathers, Amos, Harrison
2020 Picks: 1.02, 2.01, 2.03
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4,

Dynasty League Commish - SF Full PPR 12 Team QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/2DL/2LB/2DB/1Flex
(34 +1 IR roster spots)
QB Murray, Prescott
RB Taylor, Sanders, Pollard, Henderson, Penny, Love, R. Freeman
WR Juju, Moore, Deebo, Gallup, Landry, Fuller, Reagor, Jefferson, Ross
TE Fant, Everett
DL Young, Allen, Sweat, T. Watt, Barrett
LB D Smith, R Smith, Queen, J. Davis
DB Abram, Byard, Chin

gerg4747
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gerg4747 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Crowell. He gets so much love on this forum. I think he's overrated and of course stuck on the Browns
12 Team Dynasty | [12 x 24] | 2015 Runner Up | 2016 Runner Up | 2020 Champion
.5 PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX, K, DEF

|QB| Kyler, Dak
|RB| Cook, Chubb, JRob, Jacobs, Pollard, Mattison, Jeff Wilson, Gallman, Ty’Son, Tony Jones, Rountree
|WR| DK, AJB, Nuk, Viska, Bryan Edwards
|TE| Kelce, Friarmuth
|K| Bass
|DEF| Pittsburgh
| 2022 |
| 2023 |
| 2024 |

fantasydem
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasydem » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Crowell without a doubt. He had one good season & is on an awful team still with no pass attack. Typical Browns RB? Hillis, TRich..
I also agree with the TY Montgomery & Davante Adams overhype. Neither impresses me, especially not an average WR turned RB.
Team 1: 12 TM PPR/PPC Superflex
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Sflex
QB: Herbert, Tua, Jones, Lock
RB: Barkley, Akers, Conner, Pollard
WR: Adams, Lamb, JJefferson, Godwin, Pittman, DPJ, Hardman
TE:Kelce, Cox
(24): 2, 3, 4

Team 2: 12 TM PPR Superflex, TE premium, .25 PPC
1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Sflex
QB: Wentz, Lance, Mond
RB: Montgomery, Mattison
WR: AJ Brown, Chase, JJefferson, Jeudy, Pascal, Hardman, Bourne
TE: Goedert, Howard
(22) 1.2, 1.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.2, 3.5, 4.5
(23) 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 3: 12 TM PPR Superflex
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 Sflex
QB: Wentz, Rodgers, Foles, Brissett
RB:
WR: Deebo, Evans, Hopkins, Adams, Mooney
TE:
(24) 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

HungLo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby HungLo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Belichickians wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm Tyreek Hill.
I agree here, he's too streaky for me. I'd rather a consistent 10pts/week rather than 2pts one week and 20pts the next (just as an example). But that's just me.
Yeah, I hate streaks where my guy scores like this for the last ten weeks of the fantasy season:
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR 13.1 21.5 6.2 20.1 10.1 26.5 12.2 18.8 12.8 15.5