Enough for evans?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Enough for evans?

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:34 am

Major rebuild, no picks until 2021...my trade partner is strong contender. I received an offer of Hilton and presumably late 2020 1st for evans. Not going to take that, but am considering countering hilton, Corey coleman, ebron. Doubt he takes it (tough negotiator), but just in case he surprises me...want to check here 1st.

Would you give evans for this package in a massive rebuild and no picks until 2021?Would list team/requirements, but it isn't worth mentioning. Thanks

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Enough for evans?

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:39 am

If you are in a rebuild why would you give up the younger WR for the older one?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:40 am

Even if your rebuild takes a full 3 years Evans will be only 27 (ie in peak prime).

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 am

What's the rest of your team look like? How'd you end up with no picks for 4 years? Without any other details, I wouldn't consider moving the very young and very elite Evans for anything short of a massive overpay

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 am

1. Acquire prospects at positions requiring longer development time first. Qb, te, then wr. Rb should be last, both because its the most volatile, but also bc it SHOULD require the least time to develop.

2. Acquire talent, not circumstance. Circumstances change, talent holds value. The rebuild will take time and in that time players (both the ones you own and others you dont, but affect yours) can change teams, become injured, or retire...coaches can be fired, schemes can change

3. If you have a stud rb, trade them. They wont be worth enough when the rest of your squad is built up

4. If you have a stud at a different position with less than 4 years of projected stud ability, trade them. Their value is worth more to you in accruing prospects for developmental prospects at qb, te, then wr

As an evans owner....i would not trade in your position except for an overpay. Evans deserves a overpay...YOU need to be the tough negotiator. Hes the one who shpuld be begging

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:43 am

Never mind I think we're being trolled. ;)

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:09 pm

Generic Username wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 am What's the rest of your team look like? How'd you end up with no picks for 4 years? Without any other details, I wouldn't consider moving the very young and very elite Evans for anything short of a massive overpay
im thinking along these lines aswell. the counter seems more "fair" than "over pay" to me. i picked up an orphan and went through dispersal. was awarded my 2020 picks, but received an offer that included evans for crief, cobb, and two 1st's. there's where my picks went. i will receive my 2021 compliment of picks next offseason.

i have some other wr's....but just prospects....this trade doesnt put me any closer to competing unless i were to move them aswell, and even then...im unloading the more valuable asset for lesser valued options.

i guess the better question here.....would you be comfortable working the ww for rbs and te's in a 16 team league until the 2021 season? (i do have some wr's) thats a long time. its no secret that anyone could look at my team and low ball me, because there is no way im competing without rb's or a te. in my counter...my thought is that i could keep hilton and ebron then attempt to trade coleman for rb. i doubt he would accept...but would you send the counter?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Evans over either one of those deals.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Evans in any of those deals. If your rebuilding why the heck would you move all picks until 2021 thats crazy how do you rebuild with no picks lol
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

fantasydem
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasydem » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:33 pm

No where near enough for Evans
Team 1: 12 TM PPR/PPC Superflex
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Sflex
QB: Herbert, Tua, Jones, Lock
RB: Barkley, Akers, Conner, Pollard
WR: Adams, Lamb, JJefferson, Godwin, Pittman, DPJ, Hardman
TE:Kelce, Cox
(24): 2, 3, 4

Team 2: 12 TM PPR Superflex, TE premium, .25 PPC
1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Sflex
QB: Wentz, Lance, Mond
RB: Montgomery, Mattison
WR: AJ Brown, Chase, JJefferson, Jeudy, Pascal, Hardman, Bourne
TE: Goedert, Howard
(22) 1.2, 1.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.2, 3.5, 4.5
(23) 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 3: 12 TM PPR Superflex
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 Sflex
QB: Wentz, Rodgers, Foles, Brissett
RB:
WR: Deebo, Evans, Hopkins, Adams, Mooney
TE:
(24) 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:32 pm

pierson242 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:33 pm Evans in any of those deals. If your rebuilding why the heck would you move all picks until 2021 thats crazy how do you rebuild with no picks lol
it was a large dispersal. players and picks through 2019. while others were taking picks, i was taking players. i did end up with a 1st or two, maybe a couple 3rds in 2019. going into this initial season...i just wanted to get the main pieces in line. i received an offer to land evans....basically cobb, crieff, 2 future 1's. i took it. i then traded for sammy for future 1's and change....in hopes of either finding a gem or 2 via the ww or being able to flip sammy for current assets. i can break this initial season apart here....but i've managed to own luck, evans, nuk, sammy, parker, white, lesser prospects.....in a can start 5 wr ppr. im missing 2 rb's and te though. even if i were to go get them, not sure there would be enough depth there to contend....so thinking my best chance may be to keep the stable of wr's and hit the wire hard for a few years unless someone wants to pony up.

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Evans for me. Younger than Hilton and prefer him over the other pieces.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:24 am

You have a good core from which to work. Your initial post made it sound dire. Hold your WR core and collect talent from WW like you are thinking. Any trades should include picks or young players, not just value to fill spots. Seems that if you trade WRs to field a starting lineup, you may set this rebuild back a year or two.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo