Draft/Rebuild Thoughts

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Steve Young
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Draft/Rebuild Thoughts

Postby Steve Young » Mon May 29, 2017 10:07 am

10 team, non-PPR, 2 QB league (2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE)

Current Team:

QB - Newton, Bridgewater, Smith, Kaep, G Grayson, RG3, Driskell
RB - Dion Lewis, CMichael, Buck Allen, Mike Davis, Tyler Ervin, Duke Johnson, Charles Sims, Keith Marshall, JWilliams
WR - Odell, Watkins, KWhite, Josh Gordon, Enunwa, DGB, MLee, Hunter, Latimer, Brandon Coleman
TE - Gronk, Higbee, Tamee

Traded AJ Green for Watkins and the 1.6/2.6/3.6/4.6
Traded Demarco for the 1.7
Traded Ryan Mathews for Alex Smith

Traded the 1.6/1.7/next years first/Treadwell for Odell Beckham

My Draft:

3.5 - Deshone Kizer - traded for my 2018 first that I gave up for odell(so will be top 4)
3.6 - Ardarius Stewart
4.2 - Marshawn Lynch(everyone forgot about him)
4.9 - Josh Dobbs
4.10 - Josh Reynolds
5.1 - CJ Beathard
6.2 - will take best RB I'm sure

Obviously I am rebuilding after taking injuries hits and Gordon's trouble and Calvin retiring. I know my RBs are elite and all but how's the rebuild looking? Felt like my draft has been really solid for where I was selecting.
14 team SF PPR

QB - Murray, Watson, Fields, Winston, Malik
RB - Swift, Javonte, Mitchell, Hall, Cook, Pierce, JRob
WR - Jefferson, Chase, EMoore, AJB, Pickens, Burks, ARob, Cooks
TE - Knox, Njoku, Hooper

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Draft/Rebuild Thoughts

Postby Goddard » Mon May 29, 2017 10:18 am

I like all the picks and trades, except the AJG one, but it helped you get OBJ, so it worked out.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 am

you missed that you were rebuilding....you sold ajg and murray to get pieces to help your rebuild....and ended up with obj. you were probably better off just keeping ajg and murray if that was the intent.

with your team and your 2qb format....i would certainly think that rebuilding doesnt mean trading green and murray for obj. you set yourself back imo.

Steve Young
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Steve Young » Mon May 29, 2017 10:39 am

Why's that?

Essentially, I traded
AJG/Murray/Treadwell
For
Sammy/Odell

Two top WR talents, both in their early 20's. Murray does me no good in a rebuild as his talent would hurt my draft position and be done by the time I'm ready to compete.

AJ hurt to give up but he's on the back end of his career and, again, would be in his 30s by the time I'm competing

I'm not following your logic, I guess.

I'd take odell over Mike Williams/trubisky/and the late flyers I would have taken, which I still did take
14 team SF PPR

TE - Knox, Njoku, Hooper

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:25 am

Looks like you are off to a hot start to me. Like the way all the trades played out for you myself. And getting your 1st back for Kizer was just dirty if that was straight up. Lynch in the 4th round makes a great in season trade chip you got for essentially nothing. Well done, keep it up.

Steve Young
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Steve Young » Mon May 29, 2017 11:38 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:25 am Looks like you are off to a hot start to me. Like the way all the trades played out for you myself. And getting your 1st back for Kizer was just dirty if that was straight up. Lynch in the 4th round makes a great in season trade chip you got for essentially nothing. Well done, keep it up.
Thanks man! Yeah, there were a couple of guys that wanted Kizer badly. They didn't have any second or third round picks and no one would trade their picks in front of me. So, I got lucky, as he would have been taken in the second. Then a bidding war started. Funny enough, I traded up to get Kizer...I traded a 5th rounder and Cody Core, then flipped later that night for a 1st
14 team SF PPR

TE - Knox, Njoku, Hooper

TrojanDynasty32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TrojanDynasty32 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 pm

Not to be mean, but honestly, the OBJ trade is a disaster. You traded 3 #1s for him. That makes sense if you're one player away, but that team is several players away. Personally, I would be working to trade him mid season to maximize his worth and the number of picks you'll get for him. I know the thinking is he's young, but you have to be able to pair him w/ guys & not having a #1 or 2 this year, now no #1 next year & your 2nd best young player is the always injured & QB hamstrung Watkins? I'd deal anyone I could, especially Newton, Lynch, Gronk & Watkins the first time he has a good game.
Team 1

QB- Carr, Mac
RB- Kamara, Patterson, Swift, Ingram, Foreman, Breida
WR- M Thomas, Metcalf, Keenan, Bourne, AB, Waddle, Green, D-Jax, Landry, St. Brown
TE- Waller, Hockenson
K- Tucker
D- Miami
Start: QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, WR/RB, WR/TE, K, D

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Mon May 29, 2017 12:25 pm

TrojanDynasty32 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 pm Not to be mean, but honestly, the OBJ trade is a disaster. You traded 3 #1s for him. That makes sense if you're one player away, but that team is several players away. Personally, I would be working to trade him mid season to maximize his worth and the number of picks you'll get for him. I know the thinking is he's young, but you have to be able to pair him w/ guys & not having a #1 or 2 this year, now no #1 next year & your 2nd best young player is the always injured & QB hamstrung Watkins? I'd deal anyone I could, especially Newton, Lynch, Gronk & Watkins the first time he has a good game.
Personally I disagree completely!! If I could get OBJ for 3 firsts I would be THRILLED

Getting arguably the top dynasty asset is a fantastic idea regardless of whether your competing or rebuilding. I would argue that if im rebuilding OBJ would be the #1 player I would try to build around.

Starting a rebuild means picking a window in which you plan to be competitive and building the group to be peaking at that time. 3 years from now you have a 27 year old OBJ at his peak!!
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 pm

3 1sts for Odell? Straight robbery FOR you and sold Kizer for and 18 1st after drafting him at 3.06???? What a sucker that other guy must have been.
Last edited by Servo on Mon May 29, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Young
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Steve Young » Mon May 29, 2017 7:58 pm

TrojanDynasty32 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 pm Not to be mean, but honestly, the OBJ trade is a disaster. You traded 3 #1s for him. That makes sense if you're one player away, but that team is several players away. Personally, I would be working to trade him mid season to maximize his worth and the number of picks you'll get for him. I know the thinking is he's young, but you have to be able to pair him w/ guys & not having a #1 or 2 this year, now no #1 next year & your 2nd best young player is the always injured & QB hamstrung Watkins? I'd deal anyone I could, especially Newton, Lynch, Gronk & Watkins the first time he has a good game.
Lol a 1.6 and 1.7 for Odell. Regardless if I have zero players on my roster, I'm taking the #1 asset for that. IMO, I have the #1 player at three of the four positions. All young. I can build around that. I appreciate your opinion, but if you'd rather Mike Williams and Mahomes over Odell, please shoot me an invite to your league
14 team SF PPR

TE - Knox, Njoku, Hooper

iceman68
Role Player
Role Player

Postby iceman68 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 am

I dont mind the wheeling and dealing here. As you've noted, it cost you AJG and Demarco for OBJ, and your team got younger. Good luck.
12 Team, 24 man roster, 4 reserve slots, 1.0 ppr, 0.3 points per carry
1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 2-FLEX

QB: T Tagovailoa, J Dobbs
RB: A Kamara, D Swift, J Jacobs, K Hunt, E Elliott, L Murray, C Patterson, J Wilson, K Drake, D Henderson, C Reynolds, N Chubb
WR: T Hill, M Evans, M Thomas, D. Hopkins, A Robinson, J Bobo, N Agholor, M Hardman
TE: M Andrews, D Njoku, C Otton

2024 1-2-4-5-5
2025 1-1-4-4-5-5
2026 1-2-3-3-5

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue May 30, 2017 8:41 am

i had missed that you landed sammy this offseason aswell. that makes it better, but i still think you missed the boat by selling ajg, murray, tread. the reason that you sold was because you were short on players. this did nothing to help this and you dont have your future 1st if i understand correctly. i think its also pretty important to land solid rb's in non ppr, and quality qb's if you have to start 2. i think ulitmately...your aways away from contending if you dont trade your studs.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 am

I didn't like the AJG deal, but to land OBJ through that helped. If Watking and White are healthy then you are set at wr. Your rb's are a mess and obviously need help there. To get Kizer in the 3 rd in a 2 qb league is a steal with his potential. With Lynch I'd look to sell him off to a contender as soon as he has a few productive games, try for a first selling the fact he can win them the championship. Good luck.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Steve Young
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Steve Young » Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 am

dblj1199 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 am I didn't like the AJG deal, but to land OBJ through that helped. If Watking and White are healthy then you are set at wr. Your rb's are a mess and obviously need help there. To get Kizer in the 3 rd in a 2 qb league is a steal with his potential. With Lynch I'd look to sell him off to a contender as soon as he has a few productive games, try for a first selling the fact he can win them the championship. Good luck.
Thanks man. Ajg trade was a tough call but it landed me Odell and Sammy. If Sammy stays healthy, I think that trade turns out to be one of my best trades.

As of yesterday, I traded AJG, my 5th this year, Cody core and the 1.6 this year for Sammy, Odell, and 2-4th round picks

Straight up, the trade is a good trade for some, bad trade for others. AjG is my favorite player but he isn't getting younger and I can get the potential value I got from elsewhere in the league. After the later factors, the trade comes out to be sweet
14 team SF PPR

TE - Knox, Njoku, Hooper