What direction to go

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

What direction to go

Postby whodunnit » Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 pm

My team placed 5th last year, just outside of the playoffs. I feel I have a decent team, but I'm aging at RB and don't even know if I have starters. I'll leave out the IDP since most people don't know much about them, but if someone wants, I'll add them later

QB: Carr Tannehill Garoppolo
RB: Gore, Forte, Charles, Perkins, Artis-Payne//// Draughn, Lewis, Carey, Alex Collins, Ferguson, Chris Thompson
WR: Evans, OBJ, Julio, Parker, Sanu, Matthews, Hogan, Agholor, Caroo
TE: Allen, Ebron, Cook, Walford

I have pick 2.07 then the 7th pick in each round from rounds 4-13. Agholor, and Carey may get cut. I have plenty of room, but just don't see them doing much. I thought about trying to trade one of my top 4 WR's for a RB and a 1st, but don't really wanna move my top 3, and don't think Parker will get me much. Maybe looking at a Crowell/Abdullah type.

Any advice?

IDP
DL: Ealy, Folwer, Gholston, Armstead, Addison, McDonald, Frank Clark, Hicks, Ngakoue
LB: Ingram, Kirksey, Perry, Robinson, Ryan, Simon and Preston/Malcolm Smith
DB: Carroll, Coleman, Poyer, Quin, Sendejo, Sorenson
Last edited by whodunnit on Fri May 26, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

joshuawrobbins
Starter
Starter

Re: What direction to go

Postby joshuawrobbins » Fri May 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Damn you have almost no ammo. Looks like your a team that could win it all though without knowing your IDP. If your IDP looks like this I would wait till I was on the clock and try to flip it for a Duke,Gio,Woodhead player and make a run

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri May 26, 2017 1:40 pm

updated with IDP
Watson Goff Purdy

RASH
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RASH » Fri May 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Looking at your team I love your top WR's, Carr at Qb is nice as well, & TE's are fine... Uugh not a fan of your rb situation however. I would keep your old boys (Gore, Forte, Charles), because you are not likely to get much out of them and it is possible they surprise and get one last ditch quality season type (might as well role the dice). & I would keep Thompson/Lewis because while not sexy they could provide you adequate flex. Basically you are banking those guys get you enough points not to lose each week while your WR's carry the team.

Ok sorry for the ramble you already new all that, but that leads me to my point... Of the remaining assets I would target trying to move 3 that are valuable enough to get some of the mid-tier rb rookie talent... are Perkins/Parker/Ebron.

Personally I am not high on Perkins, but I would try to find another team that is high on him (Possibly playing off the fact that Blount signed elsewhere & there is not a lot of outside to challenge & Coach named him starter etc etc... ) and package him with Ebron to get possibly a mid late 1st (1.08-1.10ish to take a flier on Kamara/Hunt/Perine) & a mid/high 3rd pick (3.04-3.06ish for a flier on Connor/Jones/Williams type)

Parker I would maybe package with your 2.07 to try to get the 1.04 or 1.05. But that is just my 2 cents. Good luck!
#1) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :wall:
(26ROSTER: QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: L Jackson, J Burrow
RB: C McCaffrey, S Barkley, D Cook, C Akers, JK Dobbins, G Edwards, A Mattison, M Boone, G Bernard
WR: M Evans, A Cooper, DJ Chark, W Fuller, C Lamb, D Mims, G Davis, D Ppl-Jones, C Johnson
TE: L Thomas, I Smith Jr, H Hurst, T Conklin, D Njoku
Def: Vikings
PK: J Tucker
('2019/2020' Champion)

#2) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :think:
(28ROSTER: QB/2RB/3WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: J Allen, D Carr, S Donald, J Love, M Mariota
RB: S Barkley, D Cook, CEH, JK Dobbins, C Akers, S Ahmed, L Bell, K Ballage, D Ozigbo, M Boone
WR: M Evans, JuJu SS, AJ Brown, D Johnson, D Mims, G Davis, M Pittman, J Meyers, B Edwards, C Johnson
TE: E Engram, I Smith Jr, D Njoku
Def: Vikings, 49ers
('2017/2018/2019' Champion)

~I'M THE CRAZY ONE AND I'M SUPER COOL. MY SMASH HITS WILL LEAVE'EM COLD!~

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm

thanks for answering. I had thought about trying to do something involving Julio to get J. Howard and Enunwa... that owner countered with Enunwa for Julio and my 2nd, not sure what he's smoking, but I'll take that as a "no thank you"
Watson Goff Purdy

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 26, 2017 4:26 pm

I'd see what I can get for Parker. And hopefully between Gore, Forte, Charles, and Perkins, you'll be able to stream a RB2.

RASH
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RASH » Fri May 26, 2017 5:14 pm

GLSmk wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm thanks for answering. I had thought about trying to do something involving Julio to get J. Howard and Enunwa... that owner countered with Enunwa for Julio and my 2nd, not sure what he's smoking, but I'll take that as a "no thank you"
Lol... must have been good stuff. Or more likely depending on the owner he was just screwing with you because he was SUPER high on Howard. Can't think of any other reason for that offer. I don't know if I would have been able to stop myself from adding the ole 'LOL' before the polite "no thank you" on that counter offer.
#1) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :wall:
(26ROSTER: QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: L Jackson, J Burrow
RB: C McCaffrey, S Barkley, D Cook, C Akers, JK Dobbins, G Edwards, A Mattison, M Boone, G Bernard
WR: M Evans, A Cooper, DJ Chark, W Fuller, C Lamb, D Mims, G Davis, D Ppl-Jones, C Johnson
TE: L Thomas, I Smith Jr, H Hurst, T Conklin, D Njoku
Def: Vikings
('2019/2020' Champion)

#2) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :think:
(28ROSTER: QB/2RB/3WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: J Allen, D Carr, S Donald, J Love, M Mariota
RB: S Barkley, D Cook, CEH, JK Dobbins, C Akers, S Ahmed, L Bell, K Ballage, D Ozigbo, M Boone
WR: M Evans, JuJu SS, AJ Brown, D Johnson, D Mims, G Davis, M Pittman, J Meyers, B Edwards, C Johnson
TE: E Engram, I Smith Jr, D Njoku
Def: Vikings, 49ers
('2017/2018/2019' Champion)

~I'M THE CRAZY ONE AND I'M SUPER COOL. MY SMASH HITS WILL LEAVE'EM COLD!~

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri May 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Your RBs don't seem that bad to me, but definitely RBBC though.

I would have to think that your team will win more games this year
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat May 27, 2017 2:16 am

If Marlon Mack is available at 2.07, which seems entirely plausible, especially in an IDP league, you should grab him without hesitation. That locks up the Indy backfield for you and safeguards against Gore's inevitable collapse.

Maybe try shopping Forte and Charles to the Powell and CJA owners, respectively. If you can get a mid/late 2nd for either, take it.

I think Parker for Crow makes sense for your team, but I wouldn't sell him for any less than that. You don't have much WR depth beyond your big three, so I'd hold him unless you can get a low-end RB1 type in return.

Definitely don't like the idea of moving Ebron. If you trade him away, your TE situation suddenly starts looking an awful lot like your RB situation. I wouldn't be opposed to using one or two of your other TEs as throw-ins on deals if you can find owners who believe in them.

Don't know enough about IDP to comment on that side of the ball. Basically, I'd be looking to stockpile 2nds to take as many dart throws on rookie RBs as I can and hope one or two pan out. And definitely use the best 2nd you can get your hands on to draft Mack.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Sat May 27, 2017 4:07 am

You need to do something about your RBs. I don't think Parker will fetch a difference maker at RB, so would try again with Julio, he is the guy to move of your WRs. Would even move Julio for a top 3 pick +, to get younger at RB with a potential stud.