2QB League Draft Help

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dynastysports
MVP
MVP

2QB League Draft Help

Postby dynastysports » Wed May 24, 2017 8:43 am

I am relatively new to 2QB as this league is my only such league and it's only going on it's second year.
My question has two parts:
1. What does your first round look like in a 2QB league?
2. Where would you go with my picks if you owned the team?

10 team PPR start: 2QB 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX DST
Roster:
Ryan, Roethlisberger, Goff, McCarron, Hoyer, Foles, Romo
Gordon, Abdullah, Montgomery, Perkins, Yeldon, McKinnon, Gore, Zenner, D. Will
ARob, Cooks, C. Coleman, Decker, Treadwell, Garcon, Funchess, Austin, Floyd, CPat, Boldin
Gronk, Fied, Gates
Packers
Picks - 1.05, 2.05, 4.05, 5.05 2018 - all picks

As you can see this team barely missed the playoffs and that was with early injuries to Big Ben, Abdullah, and Decker and poor early production from Brandon Cooks and ARob. I feel like this team is pretty close to competing and at 5 I likely will have my choice of Mike Williams or Dalvin Cook, but there is a chance Cook sneaks into the top 4 and Corey Davis is waiting for me. Obviously it depends on how the board breaks, but should Trubiski, Watson etc. be in play for my first pick? I am a little worried with Ben's retirement talk and with Romo retiring this year, I don't have much after Matty Ice.

Thanks - post links if you need help and I will return the favor.

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2QB League Draft Help

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 am

I think Watson is definitely in the discussion at 5. I do see you benefiting more if you went RB/WR at that pick, but if Ben does retire and Goff continues to look like a dumpster fire then you would want to rewind the clock and go Watson. In a SF league I traded Ben + 1.09 for Dak.. Some loved the decision and some hated it, but I will tell you if you did Ben plus your 2.05 and went after a younger qb and got a RB/WR at 1.05 it would put your mind at ease
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Postby dynastysports » Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 am

ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 am I think Watson is definitely in the discussion at 5. I do see you benefiting more if you went RB/WR at that pick, but if Ben does retire and Goff continues to look like a dumpster fire then you would want to rewind the clock and go Watson. In a SF league I traded Ben + 1.09 for Dak.. Some loved the decision and some hated it, but I will tell you if you did Ben plus your 2.05 and went after a younger qb and got a RB/WR at 1.05 it would put your mind at ease
That's great advice actually (not that I'm surprised, I just didn't think of that). Who should I target, I know Dak and Wentz are both owned by a Cowboy's fan who is savy so that may not get it done. Cousins maybe?

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Wed May 24, 2017 9:00 am

dynastysports wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 am
ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 am I think Watson is definitely in the discussion at 5. I do see you benefiting more if you went RB/WR at that pick, but if Ben does retire and Goff continues to look like a dumpster fire then you would want to rewind the clock and go Watson. In a SF league I traded Ben + 1.09 for Dak.. Some loved the decision and some hated it, but I will tell you if you did Ben plus your 2.05 and went after a younger qb and got a RB/WR at 1.05 it would put your mind at ease
That's great advice actually (not that I'm surprised, I just didn't think of that). Who should I target, I know Dak and Wentz are both owned by a Cowboy's fan who is savy so that may not get it done. Cousins maybe?
I sent the offer to the owners of these guys and maybe a couple others:
Dak
Wentz
Stafford
Winston
(Not sure who else tbh.. I didnt send to Carr and Mariota because the owner of both took them very early and I have tried multiple times to get one of them.. Also, didnt send it to Cam owner because I dont believe in him.)
Im sure there were more.. I dont think I sent it to the Cousins owner, but I do like him.
I would go after Stafford, but I'm very high on him and I feel like he always goes under the radar. If Riddick stays healthy all year his numbers increase automatically
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League

8-2
Midwest Folks

LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 am

You need real help at QB. Ryan is fine as your QB1, but Ben is getting older and talking about retirement and I'm not high on Goff, even as my 3rd QB. You're fine at WR and TE, but could use another RB. I'd either trade down from the 1.05 and take a QB at the end of the 1st, or just take Cook with the pick. I think with the 2.05, you'll still be able to get one of the top QBs in this draft, as they've been falling in the 2QB/SF drafts I've seen.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 24, 2017 9:09 am

See team 2 in my sig. 16 team 2 QB (no copies)

1.06 was Watson
1.09 was Trubisky (me)
Mahomes was 1.14 I believe
2.01 was Kizer

KRT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby KRT » Wed May 24, 2017 9:17 am

In my 10 team 2QB league Watson went at 1.10, Mahomes at 2.1, Trabisky at 2.8, Kizer 3.1. From other 2qb leagues I have seen most of them were around the same pick before a QB got taken. I could see taking one at high as 8 or 9 but I don't think even in a 2QB league that one of them is worth higher than that based up on what else should be available for you. If Davis or Cook is there I wouldn't pass up on them.

I do agree with the previous poster that I would look to pair Big Ben with your 2.5 to try to get a younger QB. Even look to include 18 picks if you have to. Worry about them later. I think you are ok for this year with Ryan and Ben and then either Goff or Hoyer as your 3rd but if one gets hurt then you could be in trouble relying on them every week.
Back to Back Defending Champion
12 team PPR Dynasty League/Super Flex Standard Scoring/ 26 max roster/ 75years/260,000cap QB/2RB/3WR/TE/SF/Flex/Def
Moving to TE Premium in 2022

QB-
RB- , D. Evans 3yrs/1k, L. Perine 3yrs/1k, Ballage 3yrs/1k
WR- C. Lamb 4yrs/10k, DJ Moore 2yrs/10k, Slayton 2yrs/1k, Lazard 3yrs/11k, Reagor 3yrs/5k
TE- Kittle 3yrs/43k
DEF-

TS-

2021 1.06, 1.07, 2.08, 2.09, 3.03
166,000 in Cap Space

dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Postby dynastysports » Wed May 24, 2017 11:02 am

KRT wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:17 am In my 10 team 2QB league Watson went at 1.10, Mahomes at 2.1, Trabisky at 2.8, Kizer 3.1. From other 2qb leagues I have seen most of them were around the same pick before a QB got taken. I could see taking one at high as 8 or 9 but I don't think even in a 2QB league that one of them is worth higher than that based up on what else should be available for you. If Davis or Cook is there I wouldn't pass up on them.

I do agree with the previous poster that I would look to pair Big Ben with your 2.5 to try to get a younger QB. Even look to include 18 picks if you have to. Worry about them later. I think you are ok for this year with Ryan and Ben and then either Goff or Hoyer as your 3rd but if one gets hurt then you could be in trouble relying on them every week.
Thanks man this is good info. That is what I was thinking as well as far as their values. I know last year Wentz and Goff went in the first 5-6 picks of a lot of 2QB leagues. But my thought was both of those guys had better pedigrees better NFL draft placement and were a part of a Zeke and then a bunch of second rounders type rookie draft, but wanted to ask the question.

Thanks everyone

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Wed May 24, 2017 11:27 am

dynastysports wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:02 am
KRT wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:17 am In my 10 team 2QB league Watson went at 1.10, Mahomes at 2.1, Trabisky at 2.8, Kizer 3.1. From other 2qb leagues I have seen most of them were around the same pick before a QB got taken. I could see taking one at high as 8 or 9 but I don't think even in a 2QB league that one of them is worth higher than that based up on what else should be available for you. If Davis or Cook is there I wouldn't pass up on them.

Thanks man this is good info. That is what I was thinking as well as far as their values. I know last year Wentz and Goff went in the first 5-6 picks of a lot of 2QB leagues. But my thought was both of those guys had better pedigrees better NFL draft placement and were a part of a Zeke and then a bunch of second rounders type rookie draft, but wanted to ask the question.

Thanks everyone
In my recent rookie draft for SF not 2 QB.
1.11 Mahomes
1.12 Watson
2.11 Kizer
2.12 Trubisky (me)
Adjust those a couple picks based on 2QB, but they arent all that far off of KRT's results either
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League

8-2
Midwest Folks

KRT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby KRT » Wed May 24, 2017 11:41 am

I also think it has to do with this years draft being deeper. Last year we really only had Zeke. Some people really liked Doctson/Treadwell. M. Thomas is the 2nd best player so far from last years draft class and I got him at 1.10 and he wasn't ranked very high. I was a lot higher on Wentz last year then the options this year. They are already indicating next years QB class is one of the best we have had in years. So can always do want you need to get by this year and then look to get that young QB in the 1st round next year.
Back to Back Defending Champion
12 team PPR Dynasty League/Super Flex Standard Scoring/ 26 max roster/ 75years/260,000cap QB/2RB/3WR/TE/SF/Flex/Def
Moving to TE Premium in 2022

QB-
RB- , D. Evans 3yrs/1k, L. Perine 3yrs/1k, Ballage 3yrs/1k
WR- C. Lamb 4yrs/10k, DJ Moore 2yrs/10k, Slayton 2yrs/1k, Lazard 3yrs/11k, Reagor 3yrs/5k
TE- Kittle 3yrs/43k
DEF-

TS-

2021 1.06, 1.07, 2.08, 2.09, 3.03
166,000 in Cap Space