Abdullah and Garcon value - Update

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
The Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Abdullah and Garcon value - Update

Postby The Spartans » Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 am

Been working on some deals for team 4 below (need to add a couple WR this offseason and looking for young RB that might pop). Threw out some feelers on Abdullah and Garcon thinking potentially 'cheaper' options and offers back were crazy. So I'm thinking maybe I'm undervaluing these guys too much so wanted your opinions on what type of value they have for counters (in picks or players). Have 11th pick in each round of rookie draft.
Last edited by The Spartans on Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My PPR dynasties (QB/RB/WR/TE/FL):

Under construction...just noticed teams I had shown were very different than where they are now (lots of trading last 12 months). LOL

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Abdullah and Garcon value

Postby bigbuck22 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 am

I'm not a fan of either and at this point wouldn't consider adding either. That said, I'd put their values as a mid-2nd. I realize that I'm probably much lower on them, especially AA, but if you need to rely on either then I think you're better off relying on the mid-2nd rookie.

If I were chasing similar players, I'd be more likely to make a run at KDixon, J Brown, M Wallace.
Last edited by bigbuck22 on Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

Crwdstunna
Captain
Captain

Postby Crwdstunna » Tue May 23, 2017 5:47 am

Prior to the draft and FA I wouldn't have given the 11th pick for Ameer but after I just might. I'd give pick 22 for garçon but I doubt it gets accepted.
10 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex) 2018 Champ
QB: B Mayfield- D Brees- M Mariota RB: A Kamara- M Ingram- Du Johnson- C Hyde- M Lynch- A Peterson- G Edwards- L Murray- C Warren WR: A Brown- D Hopkins- T Boyd- A Jeffery- S Shepard- N Agholor- D Moncrief- L Fitzgerald- M Goodwin TE: OJ Howard- D Goedert
16 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE)
QB: B Roethlisberger- C Keenum RB: Da Johnson- P Lindsay- J White- F Gore WR: A Thielen- C Kupp- K Golladay- C Sutton- A Miller- Tr Smith TE: OJ Howard- D Goerdert- C Herndon- A Hooper

12 Team PPR Dynasty League (2QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 3FLEX)
QB: C Newton- M Mariota- M Trubisky RB: S Barkley- J Mixon- C McCaffrey- N Hines- C Clement- C Carson WR: S Watkins- J Landry- S Diggs- C Godwin- M Williams- M Lee- K Golladay TE: R Gronkowski- D Njoku- G Kittle- E Ebron

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 am

With the AA hype, I think most would want mid/late first- happy to have him, not sure I believe in him that much
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

ltgarygreen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ltgarygreen » Tue May 23, 2017 6:27 am

I had the same idea to buy garçon on the cheap previously in the offseason. Gave an 18 3rd 4th and 5th but that's probably way under market value. Any ways hope it helps

The Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Spartans » Tue May 23, 2017 6:34 am

Ok. I was thinking my 2.11 for either (maybe with a kicker on the AA deal) so in line with you guys. Both offers wanted first + so I'll move along. Not that convinced on either...just wanted depth.

Been trying to get a J. Brown deal done so we'll see.

Under construction...just noticed teams I had shown were very different than where they are now (lots of trading last 12 months). LOL

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue May 23, 2017 6:53 am

You're trying to get a starting RB for the 2.11? I wonder why that didn't work. People are talking about the vastly inferior Perkins being worth a high second. AA is easily worth a late first. I would feel good about getting him at 1.11
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 23, 2017 8:07 am

I'd pass on both. You're not getting AA for the 2.11, but I also wouldn't pay the 1.11 (he's probably worth something in between, maybe closer to the 1.11). As for Garcon, I'm not as high on him as others on here. He'll be 31 at the start of the season and we don't even know who'll be throwing him the ball. Sure he's talented and will be the WR1 on his team, but that's not saying much when you're the WR1 for SF.

colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby colonnaj94 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:14 am

Garcon is a good buy low right now. He's the current WR1 in SF reunited with his former OC. He also Does not have any real competition for targets. I expect low end WR2 numbers from him in 2017 if he can stay on the field.

I think the time to buy Abdullah was before the draft. Now that we know DET did not draft a RB early, Abdullah's stock is going up. Abdullah's price is Probably more than what I'd be willing to pay at this point right now.
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young
RB Harris, Pierce, Chandler, Bigsby, Kelley
WR Johnston, Wicks, Mingo, W Robinson, Z Jones, Marshall, Pierce, Toney, Perry
TE Freiermuth, Ferguson, Kraft, Gray
(3) 24 1sts, (5) 24 2nds, (2) 25 1sts, (2) 25 2nds

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Tagovailoa, Burrow
RB Chubb, Ford, Warren, Pierce, Javonte Williams, N Harris
WR Allen, Samuel, Pittman, Metcalf, Ridley, Rice
TE Goedert, Bryant, Hill
DL Watt, Sieler, Jones, P Smith, Simmons, Lawrence, Z Smith
LB Morrow, Deablow, To'oTo'o
DB Holland, Winfield, Wallace, Bell

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Mahomes, Tannehill
RB Mostert, Pacheco, Montogmery, Pierce, Ford, Warren, Javonte Williams
WR Chase, Allen, Sutton, Pittman, Doubs
TE Kelce, Hurst, Dulcich
DL Hunter, Cooper, Allen, Autry, Carter, Young
LB Franklin, Oluokun, Singleton
DB Smith, Curl, Love, Byard, McKinney

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue May 23, 2017 8:21 am

JCDallas wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 8:14 am I think the time to buy Abdullah was before the draft. Now that we know DET did not draft a RB early, Abdullah's stock is going up. Abdullah's price is Probably more than what I'd be willing to pay at this point right now.
Agreed. Couple this with the fact that AA looked good before injury last year and hes going to be too expensive to buy now....maybe a high second if an owner has really soured, but, as an AA owner myself, I am more inclined to sit and see what happens with him, than trade him for anything less than a mid first.

The Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Spartans » Tue May 23, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks for replies guys. I kinda misspoke, for AA I was expecting the 2.11 plus player(s).

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am

JCDallas wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 8:14 am Garcon is a good buy low right now. He's the current WR1 in SF reunited with his former OC. He also Does not have any real competition for targets. I expect low end WR2 numbers from him in 2017 if he can stay on the field.

I think the time to buy Abdullah was before the draft. Now that we know DET did not draft a RB early, Abdullah's stock is going up. Abdullah's price is Probably more than what I'd be willing to pay at this point right now.
Great post. Although personally​ Theo Riddick would be the Detroit RB that I'd be going after, AA is fools gold IMO
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

The Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Spartans » Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 am

One more Garcon offer (not sure why I'm stuck on this guy right now)... Usually don't over analyze these things like this.

Get: Garcon, 2.06
Give: 1.11, 2.11

So basically drop back 7 spots and give up late 2nd for Garcon. Feel it's kinda a crap shoot after 1.8/10 range but figure throw it to you guys for you opinion because my team isn't 'young' so not sure it's the smartest move. Thanks

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 am

Coogan Football wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am
JCDallas wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 8:14 am Garcon is a good buy low right now. He's the current WR1 in SF reunited with his former OC. He also Does not have any real competition for targets. I expect low end WR2 numbers from him in 2017 if he can stay on the field.

Great post. Although personally​ Theo Riddick would be the Detroit RB that I'd be going after, AA is fools gold IMO
I 100% agree with Coogan on this. What has AA done to warrant being worth a 1st period? Because his upside could be that so you are trying to get a late 1st? The dude isn't built to be a 3 down RB and that is clear from his first 2 years in the league. At best he is a role player, the problem is the lions locked up Riddick last year for 3 or 4 years to essentially be their 3rd down back. I owned AA in a league and was glad to ship him off for an 18 2nd.

It somewhat amazes me how everyone sees the upside in every player and then demands that for a trade but never sees the downside of anyone....every arrow is pointing up on every player. When AA gets hurt again you will wish you moved him for a 2nd.
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu May 25, 2017 8:21 am

pokerplayer1000 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 am
Coogan Football wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am... personally​ Theo Riddick would be the Detroit RB that I'd be going after, AA is fools gold IMO
I 100% agree with Coogan on this. What has AA done to warrant being worth a 1st period? Because his upside could be that so you are trying to get a late 1st? The dude isn't built to be a 3 down RB and that is clear from his first 2 years in the league. At best he is a role player, the problem is the lions locked up Riddick last year for 3 or 4 years to essentially be their 3rd down back. I owned AA in a league and was glad to ship him off for an 18 2nd.

It somewhat amazes me how everyone sees the upside in every player and then demands that for a trade but never sees the downside of anyone....every arrow is pointing up on every player. When AA gets hurt again you will wish you moved him for a 2nd.
It was this one play that I think made people start hyping up this guy, especially since it was Week 1 of the Preseason after no football for 6 months lol

12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat