12 Team PPR and STACKED at WR. Looking for ideas on which direction to take my team + critique and advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TTHTD
Captain
Captain

12 Team PPR and STACKED at WR. Looking for ideas on which direction to take my team + critique and advice

Postby TTHTD » Sun May 21, 2017 10:37 pm

12 Team 1 PPR 1QB/2 RB/2 WR/2 FLEX/ 1TE
QB: Cousins, Dak
RB: MLynch, Hyde, DMartin, CJA, Ware, Abdullah, Smallwood, Zenner, Richard, McGuire
WR: OBJ, Dez, MThomas, Watkins, G.Tate, , MBryant, TyWilliams, T. Smith, Funchess, Coates, R. Anderson, K. Wright, Smelter, Ellington
TE: Walker, Rudolph, Fleener

I spent my 2018 1st in Bryant + an early 3rd but have the rest of my picks. Unsure of where to take my team from here. My options are to try and acquire a top 3 RB but that's near impossible in this league unless they get injured. I don't really feel solid at my other positions though sand want to make some moves to balance out my team.

What kind of moves would you be looking to make if this was your team? Use my WR depth to upgrade to an elite QB/RB/TE? Stand pat until the season and then address needs then?
Last edited by TTHTD on Mon May 22, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 12 Team PPR and STACKED at WR. Looking for ideas on which direction to take my team + critique and advice

Postby freddog97 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:53 pm

QB is completely fine! No need to touch them!

RB is your only real hole. They could get the job done this year but maybe you should try to go after Gurley or a rookie RB.

TE: walker is getting old but should still produce. I would buy one of the top 3 rookie 2017 TE during the season when everyone is down of them as they won't produce much in their rookie year.

As for trade options, it's hard to get a good RB with out giving up one of your stud WRs.

The Bryant trade makes zero sense to me. I'm a believer in him but buying at a 1st is risky plus you were already set at WR(I bought with a 2nd and hope to flip for a 1st+).

Overall good looking team! Definitely a contender !

Food for thought: Golden Tate for Crowell ! Could be a steal if you could get a deal like this done.
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Re: 12 Team PPR and STACKED at WR. Looking for ideas on which direction to take my team + critique and advice

Postby Dizzle » Mon May 22, 2017 5:56 am

To critique - With your 2018 1st I would've went for a RB instead since you're so thin. But it's all hindsight and you can't take it back. Tate would be a sneaky asset to move for a RB for sure. What picks do you have for 2017? Maybe package some of your WRs with a pick to a needy team to move up and grab a stud rookie RB. Get yourself in the Top 4 if you're not already.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon May 22, 2017 8:16 am

Have you had your rookie draft yet? I don't see any rookies on your roster and you mentioned you have all your other picks (not sure that included 2017). If you haven't had your draft, I'd be curious what picks you have. If you have, I'd try to see what kind of RB you can get for Dez.

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Mon May 22, 2017 12:29 pm

I get the critiques on the Martavis move. My thinking on that trade is that statistically late 1sts have about a 10-15% chance of ever being a stud. Funny enough, there's virtually no statistical difference between the success rates of late 1sts and late 2nd round picks. He's no riskier than any other late 1st and actually I think he's worth more because his talent on the NFL level is already guaranteed so if he busts it'll be all at once instead of draining a roster spot for years waiting on a guy like Abdullah, Yeldon, Boyd, Agholor, Parker, Treadwell, Carroo etc... to pan out. I also expect him to increase in value dramatically as the season approaches which gives me two options I didn't have before:

#1- Come week 1 his hype will be reaching critical mass. I can sell him for a 1st to a weaker team for a better pick than I sold or I can sell him straight up for a good RB

#2 - The ONLY way to get an elite RB is to trade an elite WR for one in my league... this move gives me the flexibility at WR to do that without sacrificing my WR corp.

@Goddard - I have never made a rookie pick in this league. I always sell them for vets or in value plays like this one. I have my 2018 2nd and two 2018 3rds.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! After staring at my team wondering what my next step should be it's really good to have another set of unbiased eyes give some critiques every now and then

dynastydan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynastydan » Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 pm

I think you're okay actually. I would rather flex my receivers, and I think you'll be able to make it work with your stable of RB2's. One or two of them will emerge as something more.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Your rb's are your issue and you need Martin to bounce back and the same with Abdullah. I'd access mid season and if your out of the playoffs I'd look to move Lynch to a contender for picks if possible.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 pm

dynastydan wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 pm I think you're okay actually. I would rather flex my receivers, and I think you'll be able to make it work with your stable of RB2's. One or two of them will emerge as something more.
I agree, I think your team is a little better than you think. You don't have a stud RB, but you have plenty of depth to milk it through the season, hopefully.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

hlkejak1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hlkejak1 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:34 am

Hold on to your team, you should be a contender this year, you have a good enough rb depth to cover your spots this season...
If you can trade for a stud rb with one or two of your rbs during the season and maybe a wr ala tate then do that... but your team should be fine...
Team 1: 12 team superflex, 1ppr, - start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 4 flex, 1super
QB: Stafford, Cousins, EJ Emanuel, , C McCoy, Beathard, Kaaya
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Booker, Dixon, Duke J, Dion Lewis, Dunbar, Lasco, B Hill, T Logan, C Clement
WR: Snead, Ginn, M Lee, Patterson, Shepard, LaFell, JJ Nelson, Tyler Lockett, T Gabriel, Agholor, Coates, Golladay, B Ellington, A Holmes, Switzer, Chesson, Hollins, Dede Westbrook, Dupre
TE: J Thomas, Heuerman, Clay, Bucky Hodges

Team 2: 12 team superflex, 1ppr, TE premium 1,5 - start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 2te, 4 flex, 1super
QB: Flacco, Manning, Tyrod, Goff, Trubisky, Kessler, Chad Kelly
RB: AP, Riddick, J Richard, Dixon, Prosise, Booker, Kamara, Aaron Jones
WR: Doctson, Moncrief, D Parker, Perriman, Shepard, Enunwa, Treadwell, Tyler Lockett, Chris Conley, Chad Williams, Ross, Golladay, Zay Jones,
TE: Ebron, Dion Sims, Butt, Jonnu Smith, Bucky Hodges, Shaheen, Everett