Offer for 2018 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Offer for 2018 1.01

Postby Weeman » Sat May 20, 2017 8:40 am

So I gave this guy Mccoy for his 1.01 last year. He finished 1-13 his team is awful. The commish doesn't want him trading future pick, because he feels he might have to sell that team & no one will want to pay $50.00 for it today.

I had multiple picks in last years draft as you can tell from the team in my sig. & want to capitalize on an opportunity. If I finish in the 1.06-1.10 range I have zero chance of getting an rb.

Is an offer of Meredith, Kamara, Shepard & my 2018 1st enough or a reasonable overpay for next years 1.01? If it gets accepted commish might want to veto it. Just trying to see what a fair offer is around this time of year.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Offer for 2018 1.01

Postby Goddard » Sat May 20, 2017 8:50 am

First, you need a new commissioner. Second, that probably shouldn't be enough for the 1.01, but might get it done with that owner.

Prospector
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prospector » Sat May 20, 2017 8:56 am

He may take that but I sure wouldn't. If he thinks he needs multiple okay guys over a stud... maybe.

That is a sad state on that team.

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Sat May 20, 2017 9:19 am

Mariota
Gore, d. Lewis
Sanders, maclin, wallace
Flex: beasley, m.lee, cpatt
Bench: wentz, trubisky, mckinnon, charles, shaheen, t.hightower, kearse, conley, funchess, k.wright, t.davis

I dropped D.lewis & I told him to pick up Maclin when another owner dropped him. He hasn't made the best trades & has been unlucky. I also traded Mariota to him for not much. I been trying to help a little, but I still want his pick obviously.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 am

I think the commish is right. Nobody should trade for the pick. The team is in bad shape and nobody will take that over without the 1.01 there. Your offer is fine value for what the pick is now, but not even close to good value for what it will become.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat May 20, 2017 9:33 am

Shouldn't be your job to make another team better. As much as we think we can project a year out, football doesn't always go as planned and there's no guarantee that the pick will be 1.01. With that said, the offer feels too much like 4 quarters for a dollar bill. Reasonable probably but I assume most folks here would decline (assuming 1.01) as there's not anyone in that package assured of anything.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat May 20, 2017 9:41 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 amI think the commish is right. Nobody should trade for the pick. The team is in bad shape and nobody will take that over without the 1.01 there.
The Commish is right BUT:

(1) The rules should already be 100% crystal clear about trading away next years draft picks.
(2) If the Commish is not going to allow the team to trade away its future 1st, he shouldn't allow it to any unpaid team. Can't pick and choose.
(3) Maybe we're not getting the whole story. What do the RULES say? Is the Commish enforcing the rules?

If the Commish is on top of things and encoring rules, then the pick shouldn't be traded. If the rules are unclear and the commish is just picking and choosing, then he needs to either step down or help vote on the new rules and apply it across the board to all teams. Otherwise, I'd leave this league.

Also, there is no guarantee that you're trading for the next years 1.01. In my 96 team league, I was rated the 95th best team after the startup draft I purposely went rookie heavy to downgrade my team. I used this as a way to trade away my future 1st rounder, which EVERYONE wanted because my team was so bad, to get Brandin Cooks real cheap. Then I traded away all my rookies for vets and finish the regular season as the #4 seed out of 96 teams. That acquisition of Brandin Cooks came at a cost of about two mid 2nds in a standard league, simply because the other guy assumed it was a 1.01 pick that I was trading away.

You can speculate he will be, but it's probably better if you said "top 3" or something, just to help keep yourself grounded.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

23B_Mills
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 23B_Mills » Sat May 20, 2017 9:52 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 9:41 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 amI think the commish is right. Nobody should trade for the pick. The team is in bad shape and nobody will take that over without the 1.01 there.
The Commish is right BUT:

(1) The rules should already be 100% crystal clear about trading away next years draft picks.
(2) If the Commish is not going to allow the team to trade away its future 1st, he shouldn't allow it to any unpaid team. Can't pick and choose.
(3) Maybe we're not getting the whole story. What do the RULES say? Is the Commish enforcing the rules?

If the Commish is on top of things and encoring rules, then the pick shouldn't be traded. If the rules are unclear and the commish is just picking and choosing, then he needs to either step down or help vote on the new rules and apply it across the board to all teams. Otherwise, I'd leave this league.

Also, there is no guarantee that you're trading for the next years 1.01. In my 96 team league, I was rated the 95th best team after the startup draft I purposely went rookie heavy to downgrade my team. I used this as a way to trade away my future 1st rounder, which EVERYONE wanted because my team was so bad, to get Brandin Cooks real cheap. Then I traded away all my rookies for vets and finish the regular season as the #4 seed out of 96 teams. That acquisition of Brandin Cooks came at a cost of about two mid 2nds in a standard league, simply because the other guy assumed it was a 1.01 pick that I was trading away.

You can speculate he will be, but it's probably better if you said "top 3" or something, just to help keep yourself grounded.
Talk about a turn around!

I do think the commish should try and encourage that the player retains his first round pick since their team is really bad, but I don't think that he should veto a deal to prevent it going away. The package listed in the question is a solid group. I doubt it'll get the deal done, but I would not be offended seeing this offer.
Team 1 -- Year 2 of a Rebuild Projected 2 year rebuild from 2016.
10 Team, Superflex, PPR -- 6pts/TD Pass, 1.5pts/10 rush yards 1pt. per 25 KR/PR yards
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX, OP, DL, 2LB, DB, 3DFLX, DEF/ST, K
Roster 35

QB: Wilson, Goff, Garoppolo, Lynch
RB: Howard, Cook, Rawls, Prosise, Richard, Conner, Alfred Blue
WR: Robinson, Baldwin, Doctson, Treadwell, Maclin, Lockett, Richardson, Stills, Goodwin, Godwin, Woods, Reynolds, Chad Williams
TE: Brate, Njoku, Higbee, Jonnu Smith
DL: F. Cox, C. Campbell, E. Griffin
LB: T. Smith, D. Jones, J. Davis, L. Alexander
DB: E. Thomas T. Waynes, J. Peppers
2018 Picks -- 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3rd, 2 4th, 3 5th

Team 2 -- 7-1 (2nd)
12 Team Superflex Standard Scoring
Roster 30

QB: Wilson, Trubisky, Siemian
RB: Mixon, Miller, Martin, Anderson, Duke Johnson, Collins, Conner, Darkwa
WR: Thomas, Hill, Crabtree, Coleman, Maclin, Lee, Lockett, Mike Williams, Perriman, Golladay, Godwin, Hollins
TE: Brate, Rudolph, Njoku, Smith

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Sat May 20, 2017 10:06 am

Your right I should say top 3 & my argument last year was no one can say a team is the worst till the season plays out & sure as bleep he finished the worst.

If he pays for next year he can trade away his pick thats the rules. But the owner is uninformed of rookie value & would've taken two late 1sts this year or a late 1st for his future rookie pick, The commish told me no more trade rapes after he agreed to offers like that, I had to laugh it off cause they show his insight to dynasty & evaluating his team. I agree he should be able to manage his team but he traded Arob for treadwell/wheaton, then gore/hightower/mjones for Mccoy then bennett for hooper. Last two were from commish which irritates me. I can't disagree the guy isn't the sharpest at this yet.

I just want to make a fair offer but maybe i should walk away from this one, i also have no problem adding to it. I don't want to take advantage of the asylum though.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat May 20, 2017 10:21 am

That team SHOULD be trading away the 1.01 but only for an overpay. He needs a lot of pieces but not the ones you are offering. If you want the pick, don't be sending your flex fodder. You need to be giving at least a better RB or WR in the deal with most of these pieces.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.