{TRADE} L. Miller for 1.9 + 2.3 + 2.5

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
arevirrm
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: {TRADE} L. Miller for 1.9 + 2.3 + 2.5

Postby arevirrm » Thu May 04, 2017 6:32 pm

I gave picks 14 and 24, plus James White. That was pre draft, but I'd still do it again now even with foreman around.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Re: {TRADE} L. Miller for 1.9 + 2.3 + 2.5

Postby Payton34 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:48 am

pokerplayer1000 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:48 am
Payton34 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:10 am
skip wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:58 am Not nearly enough. Miller is a 3 down back and there aren't many of those in the NFL. Still a solid low end RB1/high end RB2 for the forseeable future.
I really don't believe Miller is a 3 down back anymore... They want to "Lighten the load" on him, and then followed up by taking a RB that may very well be better than he is...

I mean hey, if he can find someone to give him a mid to high 1st + more for Miller, more power to him... Bottom line would be for the OP to pick out a target in his league that doesn't pay much attention to the NFL draft and only starts looking at things in July or August and take advantage... Honestly don't see how a more savvy owner gives much more than a mid 1st for Miller at this point...

I mean let's reverse things... Those of you saying this is "Too light" to take for Miller...

What would you actually OFFER for him? I'm curious to see...
So a RB who tore up the awesome big 12 is all of a sudden better than Lamar? I think foreman is largely overrated as a runner thus the reason he went in the late 3rd as opposed to the 1st with his size/speed combo. He also isn't a 3 down back which is what the NFL is going to.
Hate to burst your bubble, but Miller is not a 3 down back either and what did he do in college? Tear up the ACC? Beyond that, what has he done in the NFL to warrant such love? He was held back due to a lack of volume in Miami and showed last season he couldn't hold up as an every down back, which comes straight from the horse's mouth in Houston...

No matter, I think Foreman was taken to lighten the load and I just see it being lightened a bit too much for my liking...
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…