Was offered the 1.14...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Fins3
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Was offered the 1.14...

Postby Fins3 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Was just offered the 1.14 for Gillislee and my 2018 1st. I don't have a 1st or 2nd this year but have thought about trying to make a move to get in on what looks to be a decent class. Made the playoffs in this 16 team league last year and I'm looking to contend this season. Should I make this move or use the 2018 1st to pursue someone thats proven?

16 team 1 PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex

QB:Manning, Foles
RB:Demarco Murray, CJA, Gillislee, Barner, Collins, McFadden
WR: AJG, Landry, Fitz, Cobb, John Brown, R Matthews, Richardson, Aiken
TE: Fleener, D Allen

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Was offered the 1.14...

Postby cvbuc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:51 pm

No way you should give up a first in addition for Gillislee in that deal for such a late pick. Move on. You can do better.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:22 pm

I would offer Gilli + your 2018 2nd and see where that gets you
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Wouldn't give up your 18 1st. Agree with offering the 18 2nd instead.

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am

People are overvaluing Gillislee. He is worth maybe a mid 2nd round pick at best. To move from a current years late first round pick to the next years for a random 1st usually takes at least a 2nd. The value is right and it's a good starting offer, unless you think you can get a first for Gillislee this is a fair trade.
16 team 1ppr
Jackson, Tua, Bridgewater
Sutton, ARob, Higgins, D. Harris
Barkley, Chubb, McKissic, D. Williams, Felton
Piits, Tonyan, Smith
LB: Wilson, Parsons, Milano, Reddick, Baker, Greenlaw, Walker Jr.
DL: C. Heyward, Flowers, Hunter, Franklin-Myers
DB: Harrison Smith, Abram, Davis III, Bradberry, Maye

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr
QB:Jackson, Mills, Eason, Newton
RB: Barkley/Najee/Gaskin/Hines/Sony/Johnson, Stevenson
WR: Chase/Juju/Aiyuk/Mike Williams/Beasley/N. Harry/Will Fuller/Cephus/D. Brown
TE: Pitts/Knox
DST:49ers, Titans
K: Koo

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Mixon, Lindsay, Drake, Hines, Murray, Carter
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 am

SpartacusPTech wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am People are overvaluing Gillislee. He is worth maybe a mid 2nd round pick at best. To move from a current years late first round pick to the next years for a random 1st usually takes at least a 2nd. The value is right and it's a good starting offer, unless you think you can get a first for Gillislee this is a fair trade.
I've never understood this logic. In a 16-team league, the likelihood of a truly random 2018 1st being as good or better than the 1.14 is 87.5%. I think those odds more than make up for the inconvenience of having to wait another year to cash it in. Unless the OP is absolutely convinced he's going to be playing in the championship game, that's just bad value, regardless of how you feel about Gillislee.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:06 am

Won't consider the deal until 1.14 on the clock.

If it's someone you want, it'll be easier to pull the trigger. I still don't think it's a good deal before or during but it takes some risk out.

I'd target something between 10-12 if you were going to do that.

Fins3
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Fins3 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:29 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 am
SpartacusPTech wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am People are overvaluing Gillislee. He is worth maybe a mid 2nd round pick at best. To move from a current years late first round pick to the next years for a random 1st usually takes at least a 2nd. The value is right and it's a good starting offer, unless you think you can get a first for Gillislee this is a fair trade.
I've never understood this logic. In a 16-team league, the likelihood of a truly random 2018 1st being as good or better than the 1.14 is 87.5%. I think those odds more than make up for the inconvenience of having to wait another year to cash it in. Unless the OP is absolutely convinced he's going to be playing in the championship game, that's just bad value, regardless of how you feel about Gillislee.
So you think even if I were to take out Gillislee and make it just my 2018 1st for 1.14 it still wouldn't be worth it? I get the logic of chances are better that the pick won't be 1.15 or 1.16 next year but I feel that the delayed year of production is lost value as well.

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 pm

If I'm being asked to wait a year to cash in on a first round pick I need some incentive.
16 team 1ppr
Piits, Tonyan, Smith

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Fins3 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:29 am
So you think even if I were to take out Gillislee and make it just my 2018 1st for 1.14 it still wouldn't be worth it? I get the logic of chances are better that the pick won't be 1.15 or 1.16 next year but I feel that the delayed year of production is lost value as well.
I don't think it's that simple. All things being equal, a pick this year is better/more valuable that the same pick a year from now. But you can still make an educated guess about how good that future pick will be. You would need to make an honest evaluation of your team (assuming this is your '18 1st we're talking about) and try to project where you can reasonably expect that pick to fall. If you think you're a legit contender and it'll be in the 12-16 range, then there is absolutely some value in cashing in a similar pick a year early. In that case, you'd have to decide if Gillislee is worth the instant gratification of making that pick this year. If it projects in the 7-11 range, then I think you're getting closer to even value with the 1.14 this year. If it projects as a top 5-6 pick, then yes, I think you'd be losing value even on a straight-up trade, even when you factor in the one year of whatever production you'd get out of the 14th pick in this year's draft.
SpartacusPTech wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 pmIf I'm being asked to wait a year to cash in on a first round pick I need some incentive.
I don't disagree. I'm just saying that if the future pick projects to be significantly higher, that should be all the incentive you need.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Pass.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:23 pm

SpartacusPTech wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 pm
If I'm being asked to wait a year to cash in on a first round pick I need some incentive.
Preach it, buddy
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:51 pm
Fins3 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:29 am

I don't disagree. I'm just saying that if the future pick projects to be significantly higher, that should be all the incentive you need.

If the team making the offer is a bottom feeder sure and there is a pretty good chance that it will be top 3 then sure a straight swap makes sense. Outside that there is no guarantee. No one can say for sure where any future pick will land, and anyone who tells you otherwise is fooling themselves. This draft is deep.
16 team 1ppr
Piits, Tonyan, Smith

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Hockenson, Smith, Cook