DT+ for Dez

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Alibaba
Role Player
Role Player

DT+ for Dez

Postby Alibaba » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:03 pm

My D.Thomas (4.2m) & G.Tate (3.2m) for
Their Dez (4.2m) and 2017 3rd 6 pick
Salary cap move clears 3.2million in cap & I am high on dez this year thoughts thanks
Pay Dirt est.2014 15&16 champion
28 man roster 63M$ salary cap 2Taxi 2IR
Qb- A.Rodger,C.Palmer,P.Mahomes
Rb- T.Gurley,J.Ajayi,I.Crowell,B.Powell, Duke johnson,buck allen
Wr- J.Jones,A.Robinson,D.Bryant,S.Watkins
,W.Snead,John Brown,j.doctson, jjnelson,m.lee,j.kearse
Te- R.Gronkowski,H.Henry
Pk- J.Tucker
Lb- K.Alexander,L.Kuechly,B.Wager,B.McKinney, R.Shazier
De- J.Watt,C.Campbell
S- L.Collins,K.Joseph

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Re: DT+ for Dez

Postby TJHollywood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:32 pm

I like the deal for you.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:39 pm

DT is just as good as Dez, but better and more consistent. Zero reason to give up anything more than a straight trade
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm

If you need the cap space then I say go for it.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Not sure about the salaries, but I'd rather have DT and Tate.

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 am

I'd keep DT and Tate, Dez just isn't living up to the hype

Mitchdp2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mitchdp2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:49 am

I'm a big believer in Dez's talent, just look at when he was healthy last year. DT doesn't have nearly the same upside but like other said is less risky. I'm not sure how much the salary cap room helps you so I'll leave that up to you but it seems like tate doesn't have a good contract
14 team, .5 PPR, 4pt passing TD, yardage + big play bonuses
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 DP

QB: Rodgers, Jimmy G, Willis
RB: Ekeler, Jacobs, McKinnon, TDP, Murray
WR: Adams, Hill McLaurin, Duvernay, MVS, Julio, Osborn, Ross
TE: Higbee, Taysom, Fant, McBride
K: Bass
DL: Watt, Allen, Heyward
LB: Wagner, Leonard
DB: Jackson, Edwards, Adams

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 am

Mitchdp2 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:49 am I'm a big believer in Dez's talent, just look at when he was healthy last year. DT doesn't have nearly the same upside but like other said is less risky. I'm not sure how much the salary cap room helps you so I'll leave that up to you but it seems like tate doesn't have a good contract
I said as much in a thread a couple weeks ago, but I don't really understand why Dez gets so much credit in this community while DT isn't viewed as the better option. Over the past five seasons, which is the bulk of both of their careers, there is only one of them where you can more or less definitively say that Des was the better wide receiver. If memory serves that was in 2014.

Not only is DT the safer and most likely better option, but given the context of this thread the trade makes absolutely zero sense. The OP is not saving any money whatsoever moving from Dez to DT because they have the exact same salary so this trade cannot even be viewed as a savings in salary cap space. Ultimately the trade ends up being a salary dump by trading Golden Tate for nothing.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:00 am

skip wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 am
Mitchdp2 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:49 am I'm a big believer in Dez's talent, just look at when he was healthy last year. DT doesn't have nearly the same upside but like other said is less risky. I'm not sure how much the salary cap room helps you so I'll leave that up to you but it seems like tate doesn't have a good contract
I said as much in a thread a couple weeks ago, but I don't really understand why Dez gets so much credit in this community while DT isn't viewed as the better option. Over the past five seasons, which is the bulk of both of their careers, there is only one of them where you can more or less definitively say that Des was the better wide receiver. If memory serves that was in 2014.

Not only is DT the safer and most likely better option, but given the context of this thread the trade makes absolutely zero sense. The OP is not saving any money whatsoever moving from Dez to DT because they have the exact same salary so this trade cannot even be viewed as a savings in salary cap space. Ultimately the trade ends up being a salary dump by trading Golden Tate for nothing.
People used to point to DT and say he's only good because he plays with Manning. However, the last couple of years, he's either been without Manning, or a very bad Manning that couldn't throw the ball past 10 yards and still put up great numbers. For some reason, people still devalue him. I would be trying to sell if I owned him due to his age, but compared to Dez, I don't see a big difference.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am

Its not bad but I would hold Dez even though he has been hurt the last 2 years he is a year younger and I think DTs hip is going to start really messing with his game hips are no joke
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am Its not bad but I would hold Dez even though he has been hurt the last 2 years he is a year younger and I think DTs hip is going to start really messing with his game hips are no joke
So if I'm reading this right you're more concerned about DT's injuries - who has not missed a game in the last 5 seasons - than you are with Dez who has missed 10 out of 32?

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 am

skip wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am Its not bad but I would hold Dez even though he has been hurt the last 2 years he is a year younger and I think DTs hip is going to start really messing with his game hips are no joke
So if I'm reading this right you're more concerned about DT's injuries - who has not missed a game in the last 5 seasons - than you are with Dez who has missed 10 out of 32?
Dez injury was a break it is healed now , DT seems like his hip is deteriorating... idk I guess the value is there if you are in a win now take DT and Tate , But I don't think either one score as much as Dez this year DTs production has been dropping the last 3 years and he hasn't missed games whats he going to put up this year maybe 85-1000-6 ?
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 am
Dez injury was a break it is healed now , DT seems like his hip is deteriorating... idk I guess the value is there if you are in a win now take DT and Tate , But I don't think either one score as much as Dez this year DTs production has been dropping the last 3 years and he hasn't missed games whats he going to put up this year maybe 85-1000-6 ?
I expect the numbers to be higher but assuming those are correct, those are also numbers that Tate is capable of putting up as well. I'm curious what you would be expecting out of Dez? We don't know yet where his ceiling is in a Dak Prescott offense. I doubt it's as high as it was with Romo. I think we can agree to just up and dismiss his 2015 numbers between a combination of injury and QB play but last season in 13 games he had 50-796-8. He is likely to have more TDs than either DT or Tate, but I'm not convinced the receptions or yardage will rebound to the levels they were with Romo. This trade to me involves 3 players with similar upside so a 2-for-1 doesn't really make all that much sense and it's hardly a "win now" move to keep DT & Tate given the ages of these 3 (DT is 29, Dez and Tate are both 28).

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:35 am

skip wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 am

I expect the numbers to be higher but assuming those are correct, those are also numbers that Tate is capable of putting up as well. I'm curious what you would be expecting out of Dez? We don't know yet where his ceiling is in a Dak Prescott offense. I doubt it's as high as it was with Romo. I think we can agree to just up and dismiss his 2015 numbers between a combination of injury and QB play but last season in 13 games he had 50-796-8. He is likely to have more TDs than either DT or Tate, but I'm not convinced the receptions or yardage will rebound to the levels they were with Romo. This trade to me involves 3 players with similar upside so a 2-for-1 doesn't really make all that much sense and it's hardly a "win now" move to keep DT & Tate given the ages of these 3 (DT is 29, Dez and Tate are both 28).
idk I'm looking for around 140 targets like he had in 2014 when he had around 88-1320-16 avg. if he does he should put up around the same type of numbers.

I figure they will pass as much as they did that year since they were almost last in attempts then anyway and last year Dak threw that much with the same amount of completion as Romo and Dez is really the only high lvl WR there and another year with more chemistry they should be a lot better together.

Murray had 450 touches 2200 yards I don't see Zek getting more touches than that I just think they will repeat that type of season , Dak will be Romo , Dez will be Dez , Zek will be Murray.
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson