What to do with my 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Fins3
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

What to do with my 1.01

Postby Fins3 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm sitting with the 1.01 in my 12 team league. My team actually finished 3'rd overall on points last year, but I missed the playoffs and "earned" the 1.01 through a tournament setup our league has. League settings are full per and .1 pt for every return yard. This is going to give a huge boost to McCaffery if he does end up returning kicks or punts.

Once I got the 1.01 my first thought was to just take Fournette and not overthink things as my team can compete next season, but just looking to get some other opinions. Obviously I need some help at RB to really contend.

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2 Flex

QB: Mariota, Rivers
RB: Ingram, Abdullah, C Mike, R Mathews, Hightower
WR: Brown, Diggs, Lockett, Snead, Parker, Sharpe, Dorsett
TE: Graham, Ertz, Doyle

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What to do with my 1.01

Postby Goddard » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:39 pm

Don't over think it and take Fournette.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm

I would try to trade back to around 1.03/1.04 and take whoever is left and get an extra asset out of it.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:50 pm

to be honest the only RBs I consider are Bell, Zak and D Johnson over Fournette.
wait to see what team he gets drafted on unless you get an overpay
Openings in Very Unique 16 Team IDP Salary Contract League
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=236246

Checkout My Gaming Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzPbrOUsiJk

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:47 am

I have the 1.01 in a league that rewards return yardage (albeit not to such a ridiculous degree) and McCaffrey isn't even on my radar at 1.01. The return scoring could provide a nice boost early in his career, but as time goes on, he'll either become too valuable to his team's offensive scheme to remain a full-time returner, or he'll continue to return kicks because he's just not that integral to his team's offense.

I tend to agree with the above. Unless Davis or Mixon lands in a dream situation, don't overthink it and just take Fournette.

What I can't figure out, though, is how in the blue hell did that team finish 3rd in total points?? No offense. It's not a horrible team by any stretch. AB is a stud, and Ingram, Diggs and Mariota are nice pieces as well, but that just doesn't look like a top 3 team to me. Are the top two teams in your league just ridiculously stacked?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0