Where do we view Gillislee now that he's a Pat?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Where do we view Gillislee now that he's a Pat?

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:31 pm

IMO, he is somewhere between Benjarvis Green-Ellis as a Pat (really boring RB3/4) and 2015 LeGarrette Blount (RB1 if you can time the weeks right, but floor is basically zero). I don't think he is as good at the GL as Blount. I am not really sure what I would pay for him, but I am sure his cost is too rich for me with how fresh the news is, and owners having visions of Blount's 18 TDs dancing in their heads.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby weeknee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Give: Dez Bryant, Jonathan Williams

Get: Gillislee, 2016 2.01 and 3.03

Just saw this on reddit, I'm not a dez fan and that is a huge overpay for gillisee.
Team 1
12 Team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, Defense, Kicker
QB-Carr, Manning
RB- Crowell, D Herny, Hyde, Gordon, Duke Johnson,Ware , Drake, John Williams, Joe Williams, Aaron Jones, D Washington
WR-AJ Green, Watkins, Hopkins, Cooper, Hill, AR15, Parker, K White, M. Thomas(NO), Perriman, Godwin
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
12 Team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, Defense, Kicker
QB- Cousins,
RB-Crowell,Perkins, Abdullah, McKinnion, Sims, Kenyan Drake, Terrance West, Jonathan Williams, Lynch, Hunt, J Williams
WR-Evans, Hopkins, ARob, Jordan Matthews, Doctson, Perriman, Stills, , Dorsett, Samuel, Darboh
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
12 Team .5PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex,
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
RB- Gordon, Hyde, Crowell, Drake, Matt Jones, Sims, Gallman
WR-Evans, KB, Tyreek, Martavis Bryant,Ginn, Stills, CPatt, Aiken, Dorsett, Hunter, JU JU, J Ross, Darboh
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:41 am

jojo5151 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:17 pmRb 1 or 2?
Good upside play but he's never proven anything. If I own him and other owners are actually thinking he's a potential RB1 then I'm selling immediately
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:03 am

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:31 pm IMO, he is somewhere between Benjarvis Green-Ellis as a Pat (really boring RB3/4) and 2015 LeGarrette Blount (RB1 if you can time the weeks right, but floor is basically zero). I don't think he is as good at the GL as Blount. I am not really sure what I would pay for him, but I am sure his cost is too rich for me with how fresh the news is, and owners having visions of Blount's 18 TDs dancing in their heads.
I actually don't think Blount is all that great at the goal line himself, I think that was more of a product of the Patriots goal line execution that made him look like a hammer. Gillislee should get plenty of easy TDs.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:13 am

weeknee wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:39 pm Give: Dez Bryant, Jonathan Williams

Just saw this on reddit, I'm not a dez fan and that is a huge overpay for gillisee.
This is the worst trade ever. People are over hyping Gillislee just like they did Dion Lewis, James White, and Rex Burkhead. No Patriots RB is worth anything there's to many and no telling who they'll start
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Mtt33 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:03 am
jtd1387 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:31 pm IMO, he is somewhere between Benjarvis Green-Ellis as a Pat (really boring RB3/4) and 2015 LeGarrette Blount (RB1 if you can time the weeks right, but floor is basically zero). I don't think he is as good at the GL as Blount. I am not really sure what I would pay for him, but I am sure his cost is too rich for me with how fresh the news is, and owners having visions of Blount's 18 TDs dancing in their heads.
I actually don't think Blount is all that great at the goal line himself, I think that was more of a product of the Patriots goal line execution that made him look like a hammer. Gillislee should get plenty of easy TDs.
That seems like a stretch. Why weren't Pats RBs scoring 18 TDs a year before Blount was featured?

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Blount rushed 299 times last year...a NE Patriot RB rushed 299 times last year! I don't think anyone is truly expecting another 18 TD performance, but there's no denying that they involved their early down back often.

He's RB2 with upside, IMO. Probably looking at an early 2nd to get him and I'm of the opinion that that's fair. I'd gladly give a late 2nd to all the "stay away from the NE backfield" types to get him off their hands.

I recently sold him for Moncrief in one of my leagues; I hope to acquire him in others for much cheaper

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Generic Username wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm Blount rushed 299 times last year...a NE Patriot RB rushed 299 times last year! I don't think anyone is truly expecting another 18 TD performance, but there's no denying that they involved their early down back often.

He's RB2 with upside, IMO. Probably looking at an early 2nd to get him and I'm of the opinion that that's fair. I'd gladly give a late 2nd to all the "stay away from the NE backfield" types to get him off their hands.

I recently sold him for Moncrief in one of my leagues; I hope to acquire him in others for much cheaper
Au contraire mon ami. The Gillislee owner in my league is all over the league MB talking about how he is gonna score 18 TDs :lol:

I think last year was a perfect storm for the 2 down back in NE. Gronk, the best goal line passing option, only had 5 healthy games. Brady missed the first 4 games. The only other RB of note most of the season was James White, who is a very good receiving back, but pretty useless between the tackles. This year they have Burkhead and Lewis available, who are both better rushers than White, they will have Gronk for who knows how many games, They have Brady all year, and the WR corps just got a huge upgrade in Cooks.

In Law Firms 2 years as the primary 2 down back in NE, he had 229 and 181 carries. He also had double digit TDs both years (which I was a little surprised to see when I looked it up). As an owner at the time, it was typical NE RB frustration trying to figure out when to start him. I think that is a reasonable range of outcomes for Gillislee's usage. There is definitely value there, but he is not a guy I am comfortable having as my RB2 in a start 2 league.

ETA- I think we agree on price. I would also throw a late 2nd for him, just don't think that will get it done, and I am not sure how much more I would give.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:19 am

jtd1387 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 pm
That seems like a stretch. Why weren't Pats RBs scoring 18 TDs a year before Blount was featured?
Blount was with the Pats for multiple years and never scored close to that, my point is that I don't think he's a great goal line back, I just think he got a TON of goal line touches. The goal line back for the pats this year will get a good amount of TDs (not saying he will sniff 18)

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 am

In the dumpster with the rest of Bellicheck's highly effective but fantasy worthless backs
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:07 am

Mtt33 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:19 am
jtd1387 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Blount was with the Pats for multiple years and never scored close to that, my point is that I don't think he's a great goal line back, I just think he got a TON of goal line touches. The goal line back for the pats this year will get a good amount of TDs (not saying he will sniff 18)
Well he did have above average success in goal line, and it's not like teams didn't know it was coming nearly every time. So, I disagree. But it's probably not worth arguing any further over :lol:

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 am

weeknee wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:39 pm Give: Dez Bryant, Jonathan Williams

:shock:

:wall:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland