Crowell v 1.11/2.03 (Poll)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Crowell v 1.11/2.03

Crowell
51%
1.11, 2.03
49%

Total votes: 49

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Crowell v 1.11/2.03 (Poll)

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:28 pm
BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 pm I MIGHT consider giving one of these picks for Crowell, but I'm not giving both. Give me the picks.

Funny how a player gains steam during the off-season and the tables turn with his value. I think Crowell has gone from universally undervalued to somewhat overvalued in a 2-3 month span.

I'm not sure how you can say this when you look at some of the other RB's current ADP's (Hyde, Henry, Coleman, Ajayi). Crow is a similar talent and is cheaper than all of those guys. He started to become more of a factor in the passing game too (53 targets).

This is always a dangerous time to buy RB's. Crowell is no Zeke, Bell, or Dj and could definitely get replaced in the draft. That said, I like the Cro side here.
Not a direct shot at you, but what is it with so many people always pointing to this site's ADP as proof of what any given player is worth? To me the idea in itself is flawed, and that's before you look at how the data is comprised on this site and how it's created from a very small sample size of mock drafts and very susceptible to group think.

Aside from that, I just don't believe Crowell's value is going to see any substantial immediate spike if CLE doesn't draft a RB early in the draft this week. Out of all the RBs who have been mentioned to possibly be upstaged by a rookie, Crowell's name really hasn't been that high on the list. Plus of the RBs you mentioned, I don't think this price is much cheaper than you could buy some of those other names for, except for probably Henry/Ajayi. 1.11/2.03 is pretty much 1.07 value, and to me that's not exactly a cheap price to acquire Crowell, especially with the risk of the draft being just days away. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here, as we all have our own opinions on players. It's just my stance on the matter.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:40 am

I like Crowell, but Picks for me. How much more is Crowell going to cost after the draft if they don't pick a RB? I would rather pay a bit more and avoid the risk if you want to get him.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby weeknee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:45 am

Give me the guy with the proven talent,1.11 and 2.03 doesn't do much for me. I don't think his job is in jeopardy and will be the guy in 2017.
Team 1
12 Team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, Defense, Kicker
QB-Carr, Manning
RB- Crowell, D Herny, Hyde, Gordon, Duke Johnson,Ware , Drake, John Williams, Joe Williams, Aaron Jones, D Washington
WR-AJ Green, Watkins, Hopkins, Cooper, Hill, AR15, Parker, K White, M. Thomas(NO), Perriman, Godwin
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
12 Team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, Defense, Kicker
QB- Cousins,
RB-Crowell,Perkins, Abdullah, McKinnion, Sims, Kenyan Drake, Terrance West, Jonathan Williams, Lynch, Hunt, J Williams
WR-Evans, Hopkins, ARob, Jordan Matthews, Doctson, Perriman, Stills, , Dorsett, Samuel, Darboh
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
12 Team .5PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex,
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
RB- Gordon, Hyde, Crowell, Drake, Matt Jones, Sims, Gallman
WR-Evans, KB, Tyreek, Martavis Bryant,Ginn, Stills, CPatt, Aiken, Dorsett, Hunter, JU JU, J Ross, Darboh
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 pm
dipANDglide wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:28 pm
BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 pm I MIGHT consider giving one of these picks for Crowell, but I'm not giving both. Give me the picks.

Funny how a player gains steam during the off-season and the tables turn with his value. I think Crowell has gone from universally undervalued to somewhat overvalued in a 2-3 month span.

I'm not sure how you can say this when you look at some of the other RB's current ADP's (Hyde, Henry, Coleman, Ajayi). Crow is a similar talent and is cheaper than all of those guys. He started to become more of a factor in the passing game too (53 targets).

This is always a dangerous time to buy RB's. Crowell is no Zeke, Bell, or Dj and could definitely get replaced in the draft. That said, I like the Cro side here.
Not a direct shot at you, but what is it with so many people always pointing to this site's ADP as proof of what any given player is worth? To me the idea in itself is flawed, and that's before you look at how the data is comprised on this site and how it's created from a very small sample size of mock drafts and very susceptible to group think.

Aside from that, I just don't believe Crowell's value is going to see any substantial immediate spike if CLE doesn't draft a RB early in the draft this week. Out of all the RBs who have been mentioned to possibly be upstaged by a rookie, Crowell's name really hasn't been that high on the list. Plus of the RBs you mentioned, I don't think this price is much cheaper than you could buy some of those other names for, except for probably Henry/Ajayi. 1.11/2.03 is pretty much 1.07 value, and to me that's not exactly a cheap price to acquire Crowell, especially with the risk of the draft being just days away. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here, as we all have our own opinions on players. It's just my stance on the matter.
DLF ADP is just a public measurement to reference for current player value. I don't use it as an end all for player values by any means. It's a much better barometer then trade calculators, imo.

The trade is close and is by no means a bargain for Cro. I personally don't like buying rbs this time a year because their situations can change overnight. That said, there's a fine line between throwing these darts and taking bird in hand, both sides carry risk/rewarding

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:13 am

It is close if you are competing stay with Crowell , rebuilding take the picks
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 am

I'd rather have the picks. I just traded 1.12 away to obtain Crow. As good as he was if you just look at his stats quick, a lot of his production came on a few carries. He didn't sign his tendered contract, and i'm not honestly sure what that means. Maybe he gets traded? I'd love to see him be the guy behind that line this year, he could put up low RB1 numbers if he gets the chance. I think his performance could improve, become more consistent. I just don't like his character and don't trust him after he gets a big contract if he does. I'm hoping he plays out his contract year puts up big stats, helps me win and then I can flip him asap.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Close but give me the Crowell side.