Devonte Adams vs Michael Thomas

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Markdavis3033
Role Player
Role Player

Devonte Adams vs Michael Thomas

Postby Markdavis3033 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:44 am

I recently traded for Adams and I think he has a lot of breakout potential this year. Spoke with Matthew Berry while he was at Disney and asked about Adams' value and he said that Rodgers continues to hype him up. At the same time, I've also been trying to acquire Michael Thomas from an owner by offering packages such as Doug Baldwin and mark Ingram.

The owner is obviously resistant to deal Thomas, but like me, he values Adams. How close should I compare the two? Or, what kind of package could I put together to make the deal worth it

Here's my roster

Qbs
Brady
Wilson
Seamian

Rbs
Freeman
Coleman
Kelley
Ingram
Lewis

WRs
TY Hilton
Devonte Adams
Doug Baldwin
Chris Hogan
Malcolm Mitchel

TEs
Kelce
Jared cook
Julius Thomas

Here's the other owners roster:

Qbs:
Tannehill
Carson palmer
Matt Moore

Rbs
Demarco
Spencer ware
Jamaal Charles
Derick Henry
Devonte booker

WRs
Michael Thomas
Cameron Meridith
Emmanuel sanders
Kenny stills
Phillip Dorset

TEs
Rudolph
Fleener

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Devonte Adams vs Michael Thomas

Postby Goddard » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 am

I love that you talked to Berry about fantasy football at Disneyland...that's awesome!

As for your question, I would probably need a lot added to Adams for MT, but since the other guy is also high on him, you might be able to get him for Adams and something equivalent to an early 2nd.

Markdavis3033
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Markdavis3033 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:56 am

Goddard wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 am I love that you talked to Berry about fantasy football at Disneyland...that's awesome!

As for your question, I would probably need a lot added to Adams for MT, but since the other guy is also high on him, you might be able to get him for Adams and something equivalent to an early 2nd.
Yeah he was answering questions at the ESPN club and they did a Q&A with the crowd. I was pissed that I couldn't think of a better question haha

So you're saying that I should offer something along the lines of a 2nd with Adams for Thomas?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 am

I'm not sure you should do this deal. Going into the season, a lot of people were predicting Adams to fall to fourth or lower on the depth chart and instead he eventually passed Cobb and seems to have the WR2 role firmly in hand. That didn't happen until around week 8 when Cobb went down. I'm not saying he's guaranteed to pick up significant production, but he's not very likely to lose production, barring injury. People are devaluing him because of his second year struggles as well and with Thomas in particular, you have the looming retirement of Drew Brees. Thomas will likely still be good even once that happens, but Rodgers isn't going anywhere for a while yet. I think sticking with Adams is the way to go.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Home Bake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Home Bake » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:31 am

I would value Thomas well over Adams. In his last year of his contract in GB, thus he moves away from Rodgers and ??? You could say the same thing about Brees leaving NO and Thomas dropping but I think Thomas is more skilled.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am

Thomas is more skilled than Adams. Both have aging QBs so if I had to pick one off of talent its easily Thomas. I would want a 2018 1st added to Adams to consider moving Thomas for him
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 am

pierson242 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am Thomas is more skilled than Adams. Both have aging QBs so if I had to pick one off of talent its easily Thomas. I would want a 2018 1st added to Adams to consider moving Thomas for him
Are you seriously comparing 38-year-old Brees to 33-year-old Rodgers in the age department? One is in his prime and the other is in the twilight of his career. (Also technically every WR has an aging QB)
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am

Moving from Adams to Thomas isn't going to be worth the price compared to production difference. Adams is perpetually undervalued in dynasty because he wasn't Evans or Odell in his rookie season. All he has done is increase production in each season and break out in his year 3 / age 24 season like we expect top WRs to do. He's in a great position to continue to grow with an elite QB over the next 5 years and could even move into the #1 role to replace Jordy.

I like Thomas more - but not by as much as the perceived price difference he will likely cost you.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am

cvbuc wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am Moving from Adams to Thomas isn't going to be worth the price compared to production difference. Adams is perpetually undervalued in dynasty because he wasn't Evans or Odell in his rookie season. All he has done is increase production in each season and break out in his year 3 / age 24 season like we expect top WRs to do. He's in a great position to continue to grow with an elite QB over the next 5 years and could even move into the #1 role to replace Jordy.

I like Thomas more - but not by as much as the perceived price difference he will likely cost you.
Great points. These are probably two of my favorite WRs going into next season and I think Adams is way undervalued by most. He just had his breakout last season and now goes into a contract season with one of the best QBs in the game throwing to him, in a high scoring offense.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm

cvbuc wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am Moving from Adams to Thomas isn't going to be worth the price compared to production difference. Adams is perpetually undervalued in dynasty because he wasn't Evans or Odell in his rookie season. All he has done is increase production in each season and break out in his year 3 / age 24 season like we expect top WRs to do. He's in a great position to continue to grow with an elite QB over the next 5 years and could even move into the #1 role to replace Jordy.

I think Adams' value will jump into the top 15 or so if he has another season like last year. I think people are concerned that he might be a bit TD dependent, though.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 pm

I would need a mid first 1.05 1.06 with Adams to get rid of Thomas
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 pm

I think I value the opinion of the guy who sells the mickey balloons more than I do Mathew Berry's. . .
Team 1

12 Team .2 PPR (1 PPR after 5 rec), salary cap.

1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Eli, Wentz, Romo
RB: DJ, Freeman, Hyde, Coleman, Mathews
WR: OBJ, ARob, Watkins, Moncrief, White, Gordon, Hogan, Woods
TE: Gronk, Ebron

2017 Picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 0-3RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Wilson,
RB: Drake, Marshall
WR: OBJ, Alshon, TY Hilton, Jordy Nelson, Benjamin, Parker, Doctson, John Brown, Shepard
TE: Eifert, Ebron,

2017 Picks: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06, 3.01, 3.10

Team 3 (3rd Year Orphan)

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Brees, Kaep
RB: DJ, Forte, Dion Lewis, White, Drake, Ellington
WR: OBJ, Matthews, John Brown, Fuller, Parker, White, Lockett, Treadwell, Hogan, Sharpe
TE: Brate, Ladarius, Kendricks

2017 Picks: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

johnludy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby johnludy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:53 pm

IMO it will be tough to pull this deal off without having Adams included simply due to the other owners lack of WR depth. Like many others have said I think you're in better shape keeping Adams, Thomas is going to be expensive to acquire and buying now could be buying him at his absolute peak value. It may be a better move to see if he struggles early and you can get a discount on him at that point.
10 team dynasty with IDP 54 man roster
QB Carr, Keenum, Dalton
RB Blount, J White
WR Demariyus, Corey Davis, Agholor, Funchess, Pryor, Golladay, Malcolm Mitchell, Snead
TE Ebron, Everett, Butt
DE Griffin, Garrett, Chris Jones, Frank Clark
LB Collins, Hicks, Ogletree, KJ Wright, Vince Williams, Clooney, Chandler Jones, Raekwon

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Adams is a potentially blow up in your face type of player. To me it's Thomas by a lot.