Lamar Miller and Kelvin Benjamin

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Evo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Lamar Miller and Kelvin Benjamin

Postby Evo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Team in signature, just finished with the startup draft. I've been thinking of flipping Miller and Benjamin as I feel I can get better players for their current values. I guess Miller is the bell cow in Houston, but with the lack of receptions and O'briens statements lately I'm thinking it's time to cash in? And Benjamin is just frustrating, Panthers will also most likely draft a WR.

Flip Miller for a servicable RB for with a pick perhaps? Flip Benjamin for Crowder/Tate? Should I package them? Your thoughts on them would be much appreciated as well as other trade ideas for my team!
12 Team - PPR

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE

QB: M. Mariota, A. Smith
RB: D. Cook, J. Ayayi, O. Darkwa, M. Mack, J. White
WR: J. Jones, S. Diggs, T. Hill, J. Landry, N. Agholor, M. Goodwin, C. Hogan, W. Snead, T. Williams, T. Ginn, N. Brown, A. Darboh, B. Perriman
TE: J. Doyle, B. Watson, G. Celek, R. Seals-Jones, D. Sims, G. Gathers

2018 Picks:

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Re: Lamar Miller and Kelvin Benjamin

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 pm

I will admit from the jump that I'm a bit of a KB truther compared to the rest of the crowd.

But with that said, I think you should hold onto KB. A healthy KB with a healthy Cam who has more than 0.0075 seconds to throw the ball is a solid 80/1000/8 bet, with a 90/1200/10 ceiling. For YOUR team, having a 26 year old WR4 who can guarantee you that is a great luxury, imo. And while the Panthers will most likely go WR, it will most likely be in rounds 3-5, imo, and it will change nothing about KB's status, since I think they're likely to draft a smaller, shiftier guy to pair with KB and Funchess. Also, KB and Olsen are Cam's guys, he will only stop feeding them the ball when they're no longer on the team. So until that happens, count on Newton throwing up jump balls for KB to go up and get, and if nothing else about his game enthralls you, that's something KB is very good at.

Your RB corps is solid, albeit unspectacular. I'd hold until after the NFL draft to re-assess what moves to make. For now your WR corps should allow your team to be a very good playoff team.
#FreeCoreyDavis

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 am

I'm not sure you should move either at this point after looking at your roster. I wouldn't move Miller for anything less than 1.4 or perhaps 1.5 with something very solid on top of it. That said, it doesn't make much sense with your roster. It's more of a lateral move unless you are really high on McCaffery or Mixon but even then you would be rolling the dice. KB should be worth something of similar value. If you could squeeze out a shot at Davis/Williams for KB then I'd probably do it but otherwise he helps round out a solid WR core for you. Packaging them together for a stud isn't a bad idea if you can pull it off. It would leave you pretty short at RB though.
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 am

Unless you're packaging them and going after a stud, I wouldn't move either individually because I don't think you'll get fair value.

gilbertfl6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gilbertfl6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 am

I'm not super high on either of them but the issue I see is getting a close to fair value trade which can be a scarce commodity. I think whoever gets drafted to play beside KB only helps him. KB's biggest problem is Cam. Other than running the ball Cam is just not as good as people give him credit for. That is why KB is so good for Cam - he is a huge target with a big catch radius to overcome the bad throws. Miller did not live up to his hype last year and I don't see that changing if the QB is Savage. If HOU can get Garoppolo or pull some other surprise trade then all bets are off - Millers stock goes up in which case you want to keep him at that point. Bottom line is go ahead and look for trades but in my leagues I very rarely get offers that are even close to fair value and I end up keeping what I have most of the time.

Evo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Evo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it!
12 Team - PPR

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE

QB: M. Mariota, A. Smith
RB: D. Cook, J. Ayayi, O. Darkwa, M. Mack, J. White
WR: J. Jones, S. Diggs, T. Hill, J. Landry, N. Agholor, M. Goodwin, C. Hogan, W. Snead, T. Williams, T. Ginn, N. Brown, A. Darboh, B. Perriman
TE: J. Doyle, B. Watson, G. Celek, R. Seals-Jones, D. Sims, G. Gathers

2018 Picks:

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:38 am

Worst time to sell both, and I think both see a value jump during/after the season. I would hold tbh.