First round rookie picks after 1.06: try to sell now or later?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: First round rookie picks after 1.06: try to sell now or later?

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:11 am

Novacane wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm I disagree. These are very likely to increase in value, especially because you have multiple consecutive pick. Right now we have a consensus top tier of 6 and it is hard to imagine many landing spots that would cause any of those prospects to drop too signifantly. But someone and prob more than one guy will get drafted in a good situation and start to seperate from the large group of similarly tiered players just after the top 6. Owners whi have been eyeing their "late first/early second" guy are going to want to move up. The fact that you control a run of 3 spots gives you a lot of leverage going into, and during, the rookie draft. Hold them IMO.
Exactly this advice. I have 5 and 6 which I plan on keeping, but also 8 and 9 this year. Those could be worth a lot to someone to move up to, or after the draft there could be some guys who aren't currently getting a lot of hype but have landed somewhere where they'll get loads of opportunities right off the bat.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol