AJ Green Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Re: AJ Green Trade

Postby cvbuc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm
Generic Username wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 am I don't know guys, let's look at this:

D Parker is all kinds of gifted according to many articles

Shepard had a pretty good rookie season with ol' mouth breather chucking it his way (don't worry about free agency moves by the Giants; this is dynasty, remember)

The 2.09, well that could be anybody! David Johnson, you've heard of him, he was a 3rd round rookie pick once!

Sincerely,

-the guy who made the offer

haha, I was reading through this thinking this is the view of someone who is probably trying to AJG or sell Parker/Sheppard, and then
"-the guy who a made the offer."

I like all of the pieces involved, but it wouldn't be enough for me to give up AJG. Changing the 2.07 to 1.07 wouldn't even get the job done.
Was DJ really a 3rd round rookie pick in some leagues? In the 5 leagues I'm in he never went below #14 overall. Just curious.

PS
This trade made my eyes hurt.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Who is this alewilliam guy that starts two AJG threads a week apart from eachother and then not once comes back to respond to all this good feedback??? Weak!!!

Meanwhile there are lots of people here who post good topics and actually engage in conversation to their thought processes and it is a struggle to get 3 people to engage!
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Evo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Evo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 am

I think Shepard is gonna have a good season with Odell and Marshall getting all the attention. Parker who? I like many of the rookies you can get with that late 2nd rounder, someone might even get to start and give you immediate value but ultimately as we all know it's a lottery ticket. I wouldn't really do it unless the pick was a top 4 pick.
12 Team - PPR

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE

QB: M. Mariota, A. Smith
RB: D. Cook, J. Ayayi, O. Darkwa, M. Mack, J. White
WR: J. Jones, S. Diggs, T. Hill, J. Landry, N. Agholor, M. Goodwin, C. Hogan, W. Snead, T. Williams, T. Ginn, N. Brown, A. Darboh, B. Perriman
TE: J. Doyle, B. Watson, G. Celek, R. Seals-Jones, D. Sims, G. Gathers

2018 Picks:

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 am

flyersfan1981 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm Who is this alewilliam guy that starts two AJG threads a week apart from eachother and then not once comes back to respond to all this good feedback??? Weak!!!

Meanwhile there are lots of people here who post good topics and actually engage in conversation to their thought processes and it is a struggle to get 3 people to engage!
I agree don't be that guy!

#comeonman
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 am
flyersfan1981 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm Who is this alewilliam guy that starts two AJG threads a week apart from eachother and then not once comes back to respond to all this good feedback??? Weak!!!

#comeonman
And while we are on that subject...let's recognize Pierson for his great work here! Just joined in December and over 1200 posts...and you are helping others not just asking for help...well done man! Keep it up, hopefully more follow your example! You have earned my respect for offering so much help and advice to others.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am

flyersfan1981 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 am

#comeonman
And while we are on that subject...let's recognize Pierson for his great work here! Just joined in December and over 1200 posts...and you are helping others not just asking for help...well done man! Keep it up, hopefully more follow your example! You have earned my respect for offering so much help and advice to others.
I agree. Can't understand how there are so many people here who joined years ago and only come on here looking for help, but never reciprocate.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

I move my Cooper for AJ Green in a 3 year contract league.

I think you can get more.

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:09 am

#comeonman
It is a very frustrating thing.. I have had posts of mine that get 200 views and 3 votes on the poll and 5 comments when I am typically trying to give advice rather than take take take.. When I do post and not see may people caring about my post it definitely turns me away from the forum for a couple days
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 am

Please dont.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 am

Ryantacular wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 am Please dont.
What if the side trading for AJG added Moncrief? Would that make it better for ya ryan?

:lol:

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 am

ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:09 am

It is a very frustrating thing.. I have had posts of mine that get 200 views and 3 votes on the poll and 5 comments when I am typically trying to give advice rather than take take take.. When I do post and not see may people caring about my post it definitely turns me away from the forum for a couple days
Don't let it get to ya Caveman...your efforts should also be recognized (in fact I often see you and pierson posting on the same threads)...you haven't been around very long either, but you are a forum machine...keep it up! Others do notice who helps and just takes!

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am

flyersfan1981 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 am
ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:09 am

Don't let it get to ya Caveman...your efforts should also be recognized (in fact I often see you and pierson posting on the same threads)...you haven't been around very long either, but you are a forum machine...keep it up! Others do notice who helps and just takes!
Thanks flyers fan! Nice to see my advice getting recognition I appreciate it. As much as advice as I do ask for I try to give back even more! Even if I don't ask for advice for days at a time I still love to get on and give advice when I can!

Caveman! Don't worry I feel ya on what your saying! I see you giving advice all the time! I also try to help you out as much as I see you post. Don't let it discourage you!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

gilbertfl6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gilbertfl6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:42 am

Don't do it. No way. AJG is still very solid, Parker has not proven himself yet and Shepard is in a bad climate right now with BM now on the team and Eli killing it (not in a good way). If you feel you have to move Green wait till the season starts and hope for a couple of strong games early in the season and move him then for max value.