Trade advice - Gronk for a WR1

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gilbertfl6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Trade advice - Gronk for a WR1

Postby gilbertfl6 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:15 pm

I posted in my league that I was interested in moving Gronk – primarily interested in picking up a WR1 but willing to package a multi-player swap but the core to be Gronk and a WR1. I was offered the following trade.

The trade – I give Gronk, Decker, 2.06
I receive Keenan Allen, J. Cook, 4.05

It is dynasty PPR, 12 teams, roster 54, Start QB 1 / RB 1-3 / WR 2-5 / TE 1-4 / PK 1 à 9 total offense + 9 defense

My roster (primary offense players)
QB: Tyrod, Bradford, Bridgewater, Alex Smith
RB: Devonta Freeman, Doug Martin, Jalen Richard, Prosise, Jacquizz Rodgers
WR: Julio Jones, Willie Snead, Kelvin Benjamin, Decker, Moncrief, Eli Rogers, Perriman
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Swoope, Richard Rodger
Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 3.06, 5.06, 6.06

His Roster
QB: Brees, Carr, Cousins, RG III
RB: Jamaal Charles, Dixon, Ervin, Hightower, Dion Lewis, Jeremy Hill, Lynch, Alf Morris
WR: Keenan Allen, Cooper, Evans, Demaryius Thomas, Wheaton, Allison
TE: Bennett, Cook, Fiedorowicz, Higbee, Miller
Picks: 1.09, 2.08, 4.05, 5.05, 5.12, 6.12

I am probably going to pass on the trade but wanted some input. I have Keenan just outside the top 12 in my PPR rankings so not a legit WR1.....plus considerable risk – injury and competition for targets from now that Williams, Benjamin, and Inman have stepped up last year. That busts the intent I had with the trade. My view is that Gronk trade for a back end WR1 would be a one-for-one swap or close to it but with Allen having higher injury risk than Gronk (if that’s possible) and hasn't seen anywhere close to a full season and is outside the top 12 for me.

The Decker – Cook piece of the trade is not in my favor and I don’t need Cook.

The pick piece of the trade does not happen even if I become convinced to take on the other parts of the trade. The pick part of the trade is a non-starter for me.

Like I said - I am pretty clear that this is not a good trade but wanted thoughts. Also would you comment on a counter I make where the picks come out and instead of Keenan and Cook I get Cooper and Bennett. Only considering that this point as I am not convinced on Cooper yet - he should have put up better results last year and no telling if he will perform this year or not - can't think of any excuses but not sure I want to risk Gronk on him but I do feel better about Cooper than I do about Allen.

Wanted to roll this out and get your comments and advice. Thanks in advance.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade advice - Gronk for a WR1

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 pm

I disagree with allen having higher injury risk than Gronk. Gronk has also torn his acl and had ongoing back issues with multiple surgeries. Once allen is 100% back from his acl, there shouldn't be any ongoing chronic concerns.

As for the deal, I agree that you would be giving too much. I see Allen and Gronk with similar value, but Decker and 2.06 >> Cook and 4.05.

If you want Cooper, you'll probably have to add the 2.06 and that's without Bennett in the deal.

DBass218
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DBass218 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:03 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 pm I disagree with allen having higher injury risk than Gronk. Gronk has also torn his acl and had ongoing back issues with multiple surgeries. Once allen is 100% back from his acl, there shouldn't be any ongoing chronic concerns.

As for the deal, I agree that you would be giving too much. I see Allen and Gronk with similar value, but Decker and 2.06 >> Cook and 4.05.

If you want Cooper, you'll probably have to add the 2.06 and that's without Bennett in the deal.
x2. The only thing I'd have to add is if you want Coop then be prepared to give more than you're comfortable with.
50 roster 8 taxi squad 10 team PPR (1pt) IDP (2pt tack/1 pt ast) Best Ball Dynasty
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, RB/WR/TE Flex, 3DL, 4LB, 4DB
QB: Carson Wentz, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins
RB: Devonta Freeman, Derrius Guice, Ito Smith, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Chris Thompson, Jalen Richard, Ryquell Armstead, JD McKissic, James Robinson
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Golladay, Christian Kirk, Terry McLaurin, Courtland Sutton, Golden Tate, Curtis Samuel, Parris Campbell, Steven Sims, Dede Westbrook
TE: Greg Olsen, Hunter Henry, Evan Engram, Dan Arnold
DL: D. Hunter, J. Allen, D. Barnett, C. Jones, C. Young, J. Epenesa
LB: Deion Jones, Fred Warner, Von Miller, Myles Jack, Anthony Barr, Kyzir White, Blake Cashman, Jayon Brown, DeVondre Campbell, Kiko, Jatavis, SDH, Hightower
DB: J.Simmons, J. Reid, V. Bell, J Tartt, Jalen Thompson, Marcus Williams, Shawn Williams, K. Willis

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 am

My concern/question with this trade is you are likely moving Gronk because you are concerned with his injury history, so moving him for an oft injured WR1 type doesn't make much sense to me. You would be trading one risky player for another. If you can pull off cooper that would be substantially better in my opinion.

On the cooper side, he is more valuable than allen, plays with a very good young QB, and hasn't missed multiple games/seasons due to injury.
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:23 am

That is an overpay to me. I moved Allen for Gronk and Cam Merideth couple weeks ago so you are selling Gronk pretty short.

I think you need RB over WR as well, beyond Freeman you got very little, if Martin gets cut or loses out to a rookie you got no RB2. I would keep Gronk, Decker (ALWAYS UNDER VALUED) and the pick and build from there.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:28 am

pokerplayer1000 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 am My concern/question with this trade is you are likely moving Gronk because you are concerned with his injury history, so moving him for an oft injured WR1 type doesn't make much sense to me. You would be trading one risky player for another.
I'm holding out hope for K. Allen in 2017 but I don't think I'd accept him as payment for Gronk without seeing what he can do. I bought him very cheap mid-season last year but I wouldn't pay too much without seeing him on the field.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:20 am

I like KA alot but I think if you wait a bit you can get more for Gronk. Or you should be able to get just a little thrown in right now on top before KA's value rises.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

homer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby homer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:23 pm

you need more back for Gronk.

I am trying to trade him for Ertz and 1.09,1.10 and 1.11 The owner only wants to give up Ertz and two of the 3 picks. Told him no that I need all three. I will be happy and wait

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 pm

That's giving up on Gronk. No need to do that in mid April.

The Faceless Ones
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Faceless Ones » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Last yr I gave up Gronk and 2 1st a 2016 and 2017 for Julio and Baldwin both 1st became late round pics because I lacked wr dept at the time. Some say I over payed but I'm completely happy with the move.
You can get far more then wait is on the table
Team1 16 3rd
8 team 40 man PPR Dynasty
QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX K Def
QB-Rodgers,Stafford,Watson,Goff,Kizer
RB-McCoy,Lacy,Anderson,Kelley,Montgomery,Lynch,Rawls,Ajai,Ware,Rodgers,Drake,Sims
WR-Jeffery,Julio,Jordy,Landry,Baldwin,
KBenjamin,Watkins,TWilliams,Moncrief,Gordon,Floyd,Stills,Golladay,Roberts,Gabriel,Stewart
TE Kelce,Eifert,Reed,Engram,Everett
K-Hauschka,Crosby
Def- Seahawks,Jags

Team2 16 Champ
8 Team 40 man PPR Dynasty
QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-2TE PK DEF
QB-Rodgers,Winston,Carr,Wentz
RB-Ajai,Fournett,Lacy,Gurley,Matthews,McCoy,Ware,West,Lewis,Perkins,JWilliams,Logan,Cohen
Wr Nelson,Hilton,Crabtree,Meredith,Britt,Pryor,Gordon,Thielen,Treadwell,Mitchell,Miller,Reynolds
TE-Gronk,Kelcie,Hooper,Njoku
PK-Hauschka,Crosby
DEF-Panthers
Taxi-Zay,Williams,Mack,Stewart,Hood,Taylor

Team3
16 Team 20 man roster Standard
QB 2RB 3WR 1TE K DEF
QB-Brees,Goff,Watson
RB-Gore,Kelley,Montgomery,West,Riddick
WR-Cooper,Pryor,Edelman,Hurns,Zay,Miller,GTaylor
TE-Fiedorowicz,Njoku
K-Hauschka
DEF-Panthers,Texans

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:34 pm

homer wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:23 pm you need more back for Gronk.

I am trying to trade him for Ertz and 1.09,1.10 and 1.11 The owner only wants to give up Ertz and two of the 3 picks. Told him no that I need all three. I will be happy and wait
Even if you love Ertz you need a high 1st Rd and one of the other picks. The 1.09, 1.10 and 1.11 just don't do much.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard