Superflex start up help! On the clock

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who to take

18%
Cousins
9%
Stafford
18%
Brady
No votes
Hilton
No votes
Gurley
No votes
Nuke
45%
Thomas
9%
Howard
No votes

Total votes: 11

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Superflex start up help! On the clock

Postby pierson242 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 pm

One pick from being up! Drafted Luck 1.02 and QBs are FLYING off the board next pick at 2.11 so far Rodgers Winston Mariota Carr Ryan Cam Wilson Wentz and Prescott are all taken leaving some good RB and WRs and rookie picks left. I'm deciding between rookie 1.01 Nuke Mike Thomas TY Gurley Howard or Cousins or Stafford with the way QBs are going will pick again at the 3.02. Any advice
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Superflex start up help! On the clock

Postby Generic Username » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Stafford or Brady and DHop would be my next 2 choices...I don't know enough about superflex rankings to put one QB over the other

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Postby freddog97 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Nuke is amazing value at 2.11 !!!! 3.02 I would take cousins or Stafford who ever you like more.
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Go Stafford. Nuk or Michael Thomas would be my next pick
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:23 pm

Nuk or MT, then go QB next time around
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Went Dez and Hilton as Nuke got picked. Skipped QB again as everyone in the group me started discussing how they were going to start going Wr and RB (which seems dumb to tell me their strategy) going to take QB with my 4th rounder

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Postby freddog97 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:27 pm

pierson242 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:24 pm Went Dez and Hilton as Nuke got picked. Skipped QB again as everyone in the group me started discussing how they were going to start going Wr and RB (which seems dumb to tell me their strategy) going to take QB with my 4th rounder

Ouch !

I would be surprised if Stafford/cousins makes it...I hope you can pull dalton at least !!
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:29 pm

freddog97 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:27 pm
pierson242 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:24 pm Went Dez and Hilton as Nuke got picked. Skipped QB again as everyone in the group me started discussing how they were going to start going Wr and RB (which seems dumb to tell me their strategy) going to take QB with my 4th rounder

Ouch !

I would be surprised if Stafford/cousins makes it...I hope you can pull dalton at least !!
Hilton doesn't scare me but Dez is a risky reward so I toke the chance! He looked good with Dak last year and was WR6 from week 9 until 17

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:24 pm

I don't like that strategy at all. Hilton was a fine choice. Skipping the QB will ultimately be a very poor decision. In every league I have played in where owners put themselves in that scenario and end up with maybe one good starter, one marginal one, and crap they spend a long time playing catch up and chasing QBs.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:52 am

This isn't a knock on anyone specifically in here, but I'll stand by my stance that people SERIOUSLY overstate the dire straits that an owner will be in with only one good starting QB in a SF league. In a true 2QB league, absolutely. In a SF though, it's not the end of the world, especially if this is a 4pt/passing TD format. If it's a 6pt/passing TD format, then that 2nd QB does become more important.

Having said that, given that you we're picking at 2.11/3.02(I think), and that you're going to have to wait almost two rounds to pick again, I would have picked up my 2nd QB with one of those two picks. I don't mind passing on Cousins as I'm still skeptical of him long term, but I probably would have drafted Stafford even though he's kind of unexciting.

There's still a LOT of solid QB2 options available, Brees/Brady/Ben/River/Dalton/Eli, and then some riskier QB2 like Tannehill/Tyrod/Bortles. That's about as low as I'd want to go with my QB2 though, and if you see Brady or Brees last another round because of their age, I'd aggressively try to trade up and draft one of them in the late 3rd/early 4th range.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:05 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:52 am This isn't a knock on anyone specifically in here, but I'll stand by my stance that people SERIOUSLY overstate the dire straits that an owner will be in with only one good starting QB in a SF league. In a true 2QB league, absolutely. In a SF though, it's not the end of the world, especially if this is a 4pt/passing TD format. If it's a 6pt/passing TD format, then that 2nd QB does become more important.

Having said that, given that you we're picking at 2.11/3.02(I think), and that you're going to have to wait almost two rounds to pick again, I would have picked up my 2nd QB with one of those two picks. I don't mind passing on Cousins as I'm still skeptical of him long term, but I probably would have drafted Stafford even though he's kind of unexciting.

There's still a LOT of solid QB2 options available, Brees/Brady/Ben/River/Dalton/Eli, and then some riskier QB2 like Tannehill/Tyrod/Bortles. That's about as low as I'd want to go with my QB2 though, and if you see Brady or Brees last another round because of their age, I'd aggressively try to trade up and draft one of them in the late 3rd/early 4th range.
Just traded up to the 3.12. Were on the 3.09 and Brady Brees Big Ben Tyrod Bortles Dalton Rivers Eli are all available so ill be taking best available QB. Hoping Brady Brees but would settle for Tyrod

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:12 am

pierson242 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:05 am
BuckeyeNation wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:52 am This isn't a knock on anyone specifically in here, but I'll stand by my stance that people SERIOUSLY overstate the dire straits that an owner will be in with only one good starting QB in a SF league. In a true 2QB league, absolutely. In a SF though, it's not the end of the world, especially if this is a 4pt/passing TD format. If it's a 6pt/passing TD format, then that 2nd QB does become more important.

Just traded up to the 3.12. Were on the 3.09 and Brady Brees Big Ben Tyrod Bortles Dalton Rivers Eli are all available so ill be taking best available QB. Hoping Brady Brees but would settle for Tyrod
Brady/Brees are CLEARLY in a tier above of the rest of those QBs IMO. If you've already traded up to 3.12, I'd do whatever I had to in order to land either of them. Obviously if 3.09/3.10 don't draft either Brady/Brees, then you're guaranteed one of them. If one of them comes off the board at 3.09 or 3.10 and it leaves you in a spot where you're not guaranteed one of them, I'd quickly try to trade up 1-2 spots to ensure you land one of them. Basically what I'm saying is at this point it would be the worst case scenario if you've now traded up to the 3.12 and you still miss out of Brady/Brees. IMO I'd lean Brees over Brady slightly, but I'd just want to ensure that I get one of them.
Ben

Luck/Cousins
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:24 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:12 am

Brady/Brees are CLEARLY in a tier above of the rest of those QBs IMO. If you've already traded up to 3.12, I'd do whatever I had to in order to land either of them. Obviously if 3.09/3.10 don't draft either Brady/Brees, then you're guaranteed one of them. If one of them comes off the board at 3.09 or 3.10 and it leaves you in a spot where you're not guaranteed one of them, I'd quickly try to trade up 1-2 spots to ensure you land one of them. Basically what I'm saying is at this point it would be the worst case scenario if you've now traded up to the 3.12 and you still miss out of Brady/Brees. IMO I'd lean Brees over Brady slightly, but I'd just want to ensure that I get one of them.
Thanks for the advice. Going to wait for the 3.09 to draft and see what route he goes

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 am

pierson242 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:24 am

Thanks for the advice. Going to wait for the 3.09 to draft and see what route he goes
Yep that's all you can do at this point, wait to see how it plays out in front of you. If neither are drafted in the next two picks then you're golden. If one of them comes off the board in the next two picks, then pounce and move up a spot or two. GL the rest of the way.

While I did say it's not the end of the world if your 2nd QB isn't a strong option, it's definitely an advantage to roll out Luck/Brady, Luck/Brees every week.
Ben

Luck/Cousins
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:55 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 am
pierson242 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:24 am

Yep that's all you can do at this point, wait to see how it plays out in front of you. If neither are drafted in the next two picks then you're golden. If one of them comes off the board in the next two picks, then pounce and move up a spot or two. GL the rest of the way.

While I did say it's not the end of the world if your 2nd QB isn't a strong option, it's definitely an advantage to roll out Luck/Brady, Luck/Brees every week.
Think I can move to 3.09 in a trade where
I give 3.12 5.02 7.02
I get 3.09 5.04 7.04

Worth it?