J.Howard offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: J.Howard offer

Postby thomasscheeks » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:52 am

Howarrrrrdddddddddddd
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 am

Ryantacular wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:44 am Howard, this isn't close.
I offered Lamar Miller, Keenan Allen and Sammy Watkins for Howard, A Hurns and pick 1.7 ...

...and the guy rejected it....

He countered A Hurns and a 4th round pick for Watkins... :crazy:
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:00 am

Payton34 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 am
I offered Lamar Miller, Keenan Allen and Sammy Watkins for Howard, A Hurns and pick 1.7 ...

Your lucky he did..

Watkins = Howard
Miller > 1.7
Allen >>>>> Hurns

Man woulda loved to wake up with you offering me that
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:39 am

ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:00 am
Payton34 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 am

Your lucky he did..

Watkins = Howard
Miller > 1.7
Allen >>>>> Hurns

Man woulda loved to wake up with you offering me that
Meh, luck doesn't have a whole lot to do with it...

I disagree that Watkins = Howard, but won't really quibble. Bottom line is that I agree for the most part. I think Howard is an upgrade over Miller but the trade is obviously an overpay.

I wanted Howard because he is my son's favorite player and I have some incentive to "Come back to the pack" a little bit with my team, as I am a Co-Commissioner and for the good of the league I feel like I should try to disseminate some of my talent on my roster to other teams....

But anyway, the dude rejected the offer anyway... LOL!!!

WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 am

I agree it's time to sell Howard now. IMHO this has Alfred Morris part 2 written all over it. But, I do agree - as you can clearly see above - that the consensus opinion on Howard is off the charts - so I would shop him around for a slightly better deal or try and get a better piece added to the trade offer you currently have.

I'm a die-hard Bucs fan and have seen every snap of Mike Glennon's career. I've already ranted in other posts about the decimation he brings to the running game due to him having the worst YPA in the league in games he's started and the fact that teams load 8 and 9 man fronts against him because, well, they can.

The year before and after Glennon started for the Bucs they averaged well over 4 ypc with roughly the same lineman and backs. In the year Glennon did start that number plummeted to the 3.6 range and RB TDs dropped by a half.

Glennon doesn't help his situation nor does the loss of Alshon. He's a great talent, but I'd rather have one of the top 2-3 backs in this year's class. Historical comps don't bode well considering his draft position either.

Get a better deal for sure. But I'm all behind selling him now at peak value.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

RocketDr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RocketDr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:17 am

I like Ty Mont more than most probably, but I think I would keep Howard.
2-years into dynasty with middle of the pack finish both times
12 team full ppr, .25 ppc, 1.5 TE ppr
Start: QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, K, DST, 2 Flex
QB: ARod, Newton, Lamar Jackson
RB: Hunt, Shady, Burkhead, Carson, T. Riddick, Corey Grant, Chase Edmonds, Jordan Wilkins,
WR: AB, Davante Adams, Alshon, Allen Hurns, Pryor, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller
TE: Delanie Walker, Austen Hooper, Rico Gathers
K: Jake Elliott
D: Jax

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 pm

cvbuc wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 am I agree it's time to sell Howard now. IMHO this has Alfred Morris part 2 written all over it. But, I do agree - as you can clearly see above - that the consensus opinion on Howard is off the charts - so I would shop him around for a slightly better deal or try and get a better piece added to the trade offer you currently have.

I'm a die-hard Bucs fan and have seen every snap of Mike Glennon's career. I've already ranted in other posts about the decimation he brings to the running game due to him having the worst YPA in the league in games he's started and the fact that teams load 8 and 9 man fronts against him because, well, they can.

The year before and after Glennon started for the Bucs they averaged well over 4 ypc with roughly the same lineman and backs. In the year Glennon did start that number plummeted to the 3.6 range and RB TDs dropped by a half.

Glennon doesn't help his situation nor does the loss of Alshon. He's a great talent, but I'd rather have one of the top 2-3 backs in this year's class. Historical comps don't bode well considering his draft position either.

Morris played in the Shanahan run scheme that has made guys like Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary into household names. With the regime change, Morris fell off. No real surprise.

Jordan Howard did his damage on a team where he truly was the only thing we had going. Alshon did very little for the Bears and he had back up QBs playing the majority of the season, etc...

I'd be surprised if he regressed like Morris. There might be a bit of a correction as teams dare Glennon to beat them, but we'll see.. I honestly think teams were daring Barkley to beat them last season as well as Howard did well...

Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Payton34 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 pm
cvbuc wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 am I agree it's time to sell Howard now. IMHO this has Alfred Morris part 2 written all over it. But, I do agree - as you can clearly see above - that the consensus opinion on Howard is off the charts - so I would shop him around for a slightly better deal or try and get a better piece added to the trade offer you currently have.

Morris played in the Shanahan run scheme that has made guys like Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary into household names. With the regime change, Morris fell off. No real surprise.

Jordan Howard did his damage on a team where he truly was the only thing we had going. Alshon did very little for the Bears and he had back up QBs playing the majority of the season, etc...

I'd be surprised if he regressed like Morris. There might be a bit of a correction as teams dare Glennon to beat them, but we'll see.. I honestly think teams were daring Barkley to beat them last season as well as Howard did well...
Yeah it's hard to deny what Howard did in spite of his situation. I think he's overvalued but I don't think you can project a Morris like regression.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Wow, that's a tough one. I think the value is close...