Evans or Picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which one?

Mike Evans
67%
1.4, 1.6, Two 2018 1sts (both late) D. Parker
33%

Total votes: 45

0crush83
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Evans or Picks?

Postby 0crush83 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:48 am

crip7300 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 am Actually I took the trade off the table, because I thought I was given up too much value. I was more addressing the overall sentiment of this forum. That when an offer like this comes up for a player like an Evans, over half the ppl are like Evans easy, Evans in a landslide. But there are so many factors and levels to these trades, so I guess that just bothers me. I get everyone gets to have their opinion, I guess I wish the overall perspective would shift a bit.
I don't see why the perspective should shift. Getting Williams/McCaffery/Parker and what should be 2 late 2018-1st wouldn't entice me. Unless I was in full rebuild mode. But when you already have an asset like Evans why trade him away for unknowns no matter how good they look or sound.

I just acquired Evans (team 1 in sig) and gave away 1.01/1.04/Alshon to get him. Had a few people tell me it was too much and why not use the picks since I already had a solid starting lineup. Well I know what Evans will do for my team for the next 3, 4, 5, and so one years (barring injury or something crazy of course). But when I look at my team and see where I'm at, what I can do all that matters is gathering studs at starting and depth positions. Just like last season I 'overpaid' for DJ in week 4 but guess who won the championship :dance: .

There is no way I would pull that offer if I was you. You're team is great. Let everyone else go after the rookies while you keep the studs. That would be my mind set. I want to win, no matter the cost. And when you fill your roster with young studs it's dynasty gold, hence the word DYNASTY!
12 team PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX/K/DEF
QB- Ryan, Carr
RB- Bell, Hyde, Coleman, Gio, Breida, Thompson
WR- OBJ, AB, Nuk, M. Thomas, Parker, Treadwell, Godwin
TE- Kelce, Engram
D- Eagles, Rams
IR - DJ

12 team PPR - QB/2-4 RB/3-5 WR/1-3 TE
QB- Rodgers, Seimian, Bridgewater, McCown
RB- Bell, Freeman, Gordon, Ingram, Gore, Conner
WR- Julio, Nuk, KA, Landry, Hilton, Cooks, DT, Maclin, R. Matthews, Boyd
TE- Kelce, Rudolph, James, Everett, ASJ

12 team PPR- 1QB/2-4 RB/3-5 WR/1-3 TE
QB- Rodgers, Siemian
RB- Bell, Gurley, Carson, Conner, Gallman, Williams
WR- Nuk, Baldwin, Jordy, DT, Crabtree, Crowder, Decker, Ross, Wallace, Richardson, Higgins, Taylor
TE- Kelce, Maxx

DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League
Mile High Wookiee Syndicate
Co-Owner: SimpleJack
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/70801#0

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:01 pm

thomasscheeks wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:46 am
ChuckCecil26 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:38 am
thomasscheeks wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:32 am

To me, it is easily Evans. You're trying to give up a bunch of "maybes" for a "sure thing". The value isn't there
Mike Evans was once a "maybe."
Yeah and so was OBJ. That doesn't mean you're gonna trade him off for a bunch of rookie picks in hopes of getting him again. You already have him, why take more risks?
Mike Evans isn't risk free. No player is risk free. You can't explain "why take risks" to risk averse owners. It's like trying to explain "why go skydiving" to someone with agoraphobia.

One year ago today, Alshon Jeffery may have netted a return of:

Pick 1:06 Michael Thomas
Pick 2.04 Jordan Howard
Pick 3.05 Wendell Smallwood (listed as a missed pick)
and a throw-in player (Ri Matthews)**

That's why we do it. Every owner has their own style.

**a year ago, if someone had posted, "Should I trade Jeffery for 1.06, 2.04, 3.05 and Ri Matthews, I bet 80% would have voted for the Jeffery side.
Risk-averse players want guarantees. The gamblers understand that there are no guarantees.

crip7300
Starter
Starter

Postby crip7300 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am

Quick update on this post. For all those Evans "easily" and Evans "by a mile" ppl in this post. The 1.04 would have netted him Fournette, the 1.06 would have netted him Hunt and he would still have Parker who when healthy looks like a top 20 WR and the 2 so called late 2018 1sts, now look to have the potential of being at least mid 1sts. I think he missed the boat personally by not taking a massive haul (overpay) for Evans. Again rarely does someone have that type of firepower to throw at you for one asset. That was an easy way for him to reload his team and have multiple pieces to work with instead of 2 or 3 studs and nothing else.
Team 1
12 team Non PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Goff Geno Pickett
RB Bijan CMC Chubb JWill Kendre
WR Pittman Diontae Mooney Juju Hyatt Nico
TE Waller Schultz

Team 2
12 team SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Herbert Hurts Darnold Mac Love
RB Saquon Chubb Mixon Dillon
WR Kupp Amari Ridley Juju Cooks Diontae
TE Kittle Hock

Team 3
12 Team Non PPR
QB 2RB 2WR TE 3Flex 1SF
QB Herbert Love Ridder Lance
RB CBrown Chandler
WR Olave CWatson EMoore Nico
TE Pitts

Team 4
12 Team PPR
QB 2RB 2WR TE 3Flex
QB Herbert
RB JT CMC Breece Mixon Henry
WR AJB Metcalf Kupp Diontae Juju EMoore
TE Kittle Pat

Team 5
Bestball 12 Team
SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR TE 4Flex 1SF
QB Allen Pickett Carr Baker
RB CMC Saquon Swift

WR AJB Deebo Ridley Sutton
TE Kittle Fant

Team 6
Bestball 12 Team
PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
QB RB WR TE 7Flex 1SF
QB Watson Herbert TLaw
RB Saquan JT Mixon ETN
WR Chase DK DJM Juju
TE Pitts Kittle

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:28 am

crip7300 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am Quick update on this post. For all those Evans "easily" and Evans "by a mile" ppl in this post. The 1.04 would have netted him Fournette, the 1.06 would have netted him Hunt and he would still have Parker who when healthy looks like a top 20 WR and the 2 so called late 2018 1sts, now look to have the potential of being at least mid 1sts. I think he missed the boat personally by not taking a massive haul (overpay) for Evans. Again rarely does someone have that type of firepower to throw at you for one asset. That was an easy way for him to reload his team and have multiple pieces to work with instead of 2 or 3 studs and nothing else.
Someone sounds salty.

Not everyone is willing to ride the risk train in their fantasy teams. Sure it could be awesome, or awesomely terrible. You just don’t know.

And if the 1.04 netted him Fournette I would seriously question the intelligence of the entire league.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:30 pm

I suppose that depends on when the rookie draft occurred but yeah I never saw Fournette fall below 1.03 (and I partook in plenty of drafts from May to August) - and no one was taking Hunt at 1.06 - sure he was available at 1.06 but no one was taking him that "early". Even in non ppr leagues he was going late 1st early 2nd. And even if they did take him that early - many owners werent starting Hunt in Week I when he had the big game so you're mostly getting the high RB2 low RB1 games - which while great arent game changers in and of themselves.

As for Parker, well he's out another week, and in the new climate of what have you done for me now, and another strong rookie class on its way, his value is likely dropping as we speak.

Meanwhile Evans has had 3-4 WR1 weeks already, and is currently WR6-8 in most ppr formats. Plus since his bye week was Week I you get that added bonus as well.

It is pretty easy to plug in names after the fact and say look - but hindsight is always 20/20. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:27 am

F YOU JUSTIN!!!!
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:47 am

Just to chime in on the love for WRs...check out this post I made in late September
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=148562

I was offered LF, 2 - 18 1sts and a 19 1st for Mike Evans and Gerald Everett and while the voting was on the LF side the comments were almost all on the Evans side.

I ended up making the trade and have been very happy since, now that I can start in that league bell/LF, AB, Julio, Jordy and it is .25 ppc in that league
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:00 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:30 pm I suppose that depends on when the rookie draft occurred but yeah I never saw Fournette fall below 1.03 (and I partook in plenty of drafts from May to August) - and no one was taking Hunt at 1.06 - sure he was available at 1.06 but no one was taking him that "early". Even in non ppr leagues he was going late 1st early 2nd. And even if they did take him that early - many owners werent starting Hunt in Week I when he had the big game so you're mostly getting the high RB2 low RB1 games - which while great arent game changers in and of themselves.

As for Parker, well he's out another week, and in the new climate of what have you done for me now, and another strong rookie class on its way, his value is likely dropping as we speak.

Meanwhile Evans has had 3-4 WR1 weeks already, and is currently WR6-8 in most ppr formats. Plus since his bye week was Week I you get that added bonus as well.

It is pretty easy to plug in names after the fact and say look - but hindsight is always 20/20. :)
Agreed.

This dude is acting like those picks would have been for sure hits. Drafts all differ, and nobody saw Hunt coming. The chances of getting plug-in players with rookie picks are pretty slim. It can happen, but the odds are against you.

This trade is still in favor of the Evans side, easily.
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:55 am

crip7300 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am Quick update on this post. For all those Evans "easily" and Evans "by a mile" ppl in this post. The 1.04 would have netted him Fournette, the 1.06 would have netted him Hunt and he would still have Parker who when healthy looks like a top 20 WR and the 2 so called late 2018 1sts, now look to have the potential of being at least mid 1sts. I think he missed the boat personally by not taking a massive haul (overpay) for Evans. Again rarely does someone have that type of firepower to throw at you for one asset. That was an easy way for him to reload his team and have multiple pieces to work with instead of 2 or 3 studs and nothing else.
Fournette went 1 or 2 in EVERY league I'm in. Mixon was the unanimous 1.04 across the board in all of my leagues.

I would still keep Evans and not even think twice about it. Name another WR performing at his level who is as young as he is who is also paired with a QB that's putting up huge numbers and is even younger than him. We're talking about a 5-10 year QB/WR combo potential in the vein of some of the great tandems in NFL history.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

crip7300
Starter
Starter

Postby crip7300 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Not salty at all. Actually really happy I kept all those picks and don't have Evans. Our draft went Davis, McCaffery, Mixon, Fournette, Cook, OJ, Hunt, Kamara, but everyone in both my leagues had Hunt at 1.6 for the most part, but both my drafts are late August, early Sept. I moved back from the 1.6 cuz I knew the owner that wanted the pick really wanted Howard (we are in TE premium league) leaving me either Hunt or Kamara which I was fine with either. And the 2 2018 picks right now are the 1.01 and 1.07.
Team 1
12 team Non PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Goff Geno Pickett
RB Bijan CMC Chubb JWill Kendre
WR Pittman Diontae Mooney Juju Hyatt Nico
TE Waller Schultz

Team 2
12 team SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Herbert Hurts Darnold Mac Love
RB Saquon Chubb Mixon Dillon