What Side?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Sizzle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

What Side?

Postby Sizzle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:59 pm

I have an offer on the table and would love what side you would pick. This is a Superflex league. I currently plan on starting Brady and Luck next year. Winston is my 3rd. I also have the 1.1 from a trade at the begining of the year. I plan on taking Fournette. The guy with 1.2 is taking Cook. My WRs are stacked with Evans, Dez, Allen, Thomas, Landry, Parker, Gordon and DGB.

Thoughts?

I Give

Winston

I Get
Treadwell
2018 2nd
Last edited by Sizzle on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What Side?

Postby Madadamus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Not close, hold Winston.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Sizzle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sizzle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

What would it take to move Winston? The guy is holding picks 1.2,1.3 and 1.4 plus a bunch of junk.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:04 pm

I'd have to get 2 of those picks, but honestly would rather hold him especially with Brady.
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor

12 Team PPR Dynasty
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead

Sizzle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sizzle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:08 pm

So it would have to be the 1.3 and 1.4? I already tried for the 1.2 and he wants Cook. Assuming I take Fournette. Would you do that deal?

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:32 pm

With your team I really wouldn't. You are looking at Davis and Williams there or Mixon thrown in. None of them are sniffing your lineup in the same way that Winston isn't. So why not hold on to the asset that will remain valuable for years and then plug him in when Brady retires.

1.3 and 1.4 isn't terrible value for Winston, but none of the receivers jump out as elite prospects like Cooper and Watkins in recent years so I'd rather hold.

12 Team PPR Dynasty

Rotolibrarian
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Rotolibrarian » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Madadamus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:32 pm With your team I really wouldn't. You are looking at Davis and Williams there or Mixon thrown in. None of them are sniffing your lineup in the same way that Winston isn't. So why not hold on to the asset that will remain valuable for years and then plug him in when Brady retires.

1.3 and 1.4 isn't terrible value for Winston, but none of the receivers jump out as elite prospects like Cooper and Watkins in recent years so I'd rather hold.
I completely agree with this assessment. I am actually perplexed why you want to make the deal in the first place. You are going to need a replacement for Brady sooner rather than later, and QBs don't grow on trees. While I like the draft class a lot, I don't think there are any sure things this year, especially among the WRs.
Team 1

10 Team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF (21 roster spots total)
QB- Newton, Dak
RB- Zeke, Howard, Gio, C.J. Anderson, Woodhead, Darius Jackson
WR- Cooper, Decker, Sanders, Mitchell, Maclin, Lockett, Doctson, DGB, Agholor
TE- Gronk, Hunter Henry
D- None
2017- 1.07, 1.08, 1.09, 2.01, 2.06, 2.08, 3.09, 4.07, 5.01

llama2019
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby llama2019 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:02 am

Rotolibrarian wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 pm
Madadamus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:32 pm With your team I really wouldn't. You are looking at Davis and Williams there or Mixon thrown in. None of them are sniffing your lineup in the same way that Winston isn't. So why not hold on to the asset that will remain valuable for years and then plug him in when Brady retires.

I completely agree with this assessment. I am actually perplexed why you want to make the deal in the first place. You are going to need a replacement for Brady sooner rather than later, and QBs don't grow on trees. While I like the draft class a lot, I don't think there are any sure things this year, especially among the WRs.
I agree with all of this. I honestly don't know how the 3rd or 4th pick could be more valuable to your team in a couple years than Winston when he should be a stud QB. I think you will kick yourself for a decade if you trade him away and you will continually be looking for a franchise QB. I have Winston in a 2QB and I wouldn't trade him for a date with Scarlett Johansson.
10 team 1pt PPR, 6pt passing TDs, 2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 W/T, 1 W/R/T, DEF
23 man roster

QB - A. Rodgers, D. Brees, J. Winston, K. Cousins, D. Jones, N. Mullens
WR - ARob, K. Allen, S. Diggs, C. Davis, K. Golladay, C. Godwin, J. Reagor,
RB - A. Kamara, N. Chubb, RoJo, D. Montgomery, C. AKers, R. Mostert, W. Gallman, D. Harris, R. Penny
TE - Kelce, Engram
DEF - MINN