C. Coleman or 1.5

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

C. Coleman or 1.5

Postby BradysBunch » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:51 am

I offered the owner of 1.5 C. Coleman and R. Anderson. He countered with adding my 2.4. I think Coleman and Anderson for the first was fair. Or am I off on Coleman's value? If I had the pick, I would add either the #3 RB or the other top 2 WR. I have picks 2 and 4 and plan on taking Cook and one of the WR. Thanks in advance.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: C. Coleman or 1.5

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 am

I'd keep Coleman and Anderson, unless it's an IDP or superflex league. That would make 1.5 quite a bit more attractive than Coleman.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 am

So Robbie Anderson is irrelevant here so i am just going to ignore him. So the price to move from 2.04 to 1.05 is Corey Coleman essentially. Personally I would do it because I think Coleman is vastly overrated. In your situation, I would gladly make the move though because in a small league, studs rule! There already won't be a place for Coleman on your squad with having 4 better options that are also all young (Evans.Nuk/Watkins/Davis or Williams), and you have elite stud AJG for the next 2-3 years anyway also.

Your RB situation is abysmal so that needs to be a priority. The other option is seeing if you can sell Coleman straight up for the 1.06/1.07. Then you could keep your 2.04 and have some picks to try and move up or down the draft board come draft day.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:27 am

I think Coleman has come up multiple times here in the team advice section regarding picks 1.03 thru 1.05 (and multiple times with 1.05). There is no way I'd trade him straight up for that pick, much less add anything. I have no idea why anyone would make that move.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:30 am

skip wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:27 am I think Coleman has come up multiple times here in the team advice section regarding picks 1.03 thru 1.05 (and multiple times with 1.05). There is no way I'd trade him straight up for that pick, much less add anything. I have no idea why anyone would make that move.
Yeah I'm not really sure why Coleman is less attractive than the top WRs in this class. The only reason I'd consider a trade like this is if it's a heavy scoring IDP and I saw myself getting Myles Garrett or something. That would be pretty fun.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 am

I'd trade Coleman for 1.05 if I could get Mixon or Corey Davis. Outside of those two, i'd much rather have Coleman as he is a freak athlete in a good spot (though many may not agree). Hue Jackson loves his #1 and I'm not so sure Pryor comes back. I did just trade Coleman for Kevin White today...think White has more upside and is bigger and faster. Most won't agree, but that is due to recency bias.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:37 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 am I did just trade Coleman for Kevin White today...think White has more upside and is bigger and faster. Most won't agree, but that is due to recency bias.
Bigger and faster, but that is a HUGE risk taking on a player who has played only 4 games during his first two full seasons in the NFL. His value isn't anywhere close to Coleman. I hope you got a lot more back in that deal with White...

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

skip wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:37 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 am I did just trade Coleman for Kevin White today...think White has more upside and is bigger and faster. Most won't agree, but that is due to recency bias.
Bigger and faster, but that is a HUGE risk taking on a player who has played only 4 games during his first two full seasons in the NFL. His value isn't anywhere close to Coleman. I hope you got a lot more back in that deal with White...

Coleman missed games as well. You're talking about a freak accident with a broken ankle, which is not a recurring problem like Alshon with soft tissue. Many think there is this big gap between Coleman and White, I don't see how that is possible. White has higher draft pedigree and is a prototypical sized WR1. He is going to get targetted a ton, just like he was at the beginning of last season except there likely is no Alshon in play. The Bears spent a ton on him, and they will need to figure out what they have. They're both high end/elite prospects, but White has the slight edge to me, and i'm not sure how two injuries has dropped his value as much as some believe.

Add in White's work ethic and want to grow, I think he will pan out. Coleman has some off-field concerns already too.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:01 am

Keep Coleman.
He's more talented than the players currently projected at 1.05 in this year's draft. People have unrealistic expectations after the Beckham Jrs, Evans, Kbenji, Michael Thomas, etc rookie seasons. Coleman was in an absolutely terrible situation for a rookie last season AND had a flukish injury. It would be next to impossible for Cleveland not to have a more promising QB situation going into 2017 and a healthy Coleman will benefit. Also - see how this free agent situation with Pryor pans out. If Pryor stays, Coleman's value is status quo. If Pryor leaves and the QB situation improves - Coleman is all of a sudden the talk of all analysts as the breakout guy of 2017. The situation is too in flux (literally this week) to make a move right now.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 am

If you're not as high on Coleman, offer him to the 1.03 or 1.04 owner and see if they'd be interested. Plenty of people would prefer to have Coleman or value him equally with those picks, so might be worth trying.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:08 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am
skip wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:37 am

Coleman missed games as well. You're talking about a freak accident with a broken ankle, which is not a recurring problem like Alshon with soft tissue. Many think there is this big gap between Coleman and White, I don't see how that is possible. White has higher draft pedigree and is a prototypical sized WR1. He is going to get targetted a ton, just like he was at the beginning of last season except there likely is no Alshon in play. The Bears spent a ton on him, and they will need to figure out what they have. They're both high end/elite prospects, but White has the slight edge to me, and i'm not sure how two injuries has dropped his value as much as some believe.

Add in White's work ethic and want to grow, I think he will pan out. Coleman has some off-field concerns already too.
My concern with White is hardly just injury. He missed nearly the entire offseason program as a rookie and then last season was getting mixed reports during the offseason, most suggesting he had a lot of work to do. The extended time away from the field is therefore a twofold problem for me. I'd be concerned he is still going to need a lot of work to develop.

I'm not sure what the concerns are with Coleman "off field". I hope you're not suggesting there was anything to the report from 2 months ago...

FWIW, I was very high on White coming out and valued him similarly to Coleman. That said, I believe there are a lot more red flags after 2 years to drop his value.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:11 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 am If you're not as high on Coleman, offer him to the 1.03 or 1.04 owner and see if they'd be interested. Plenty of people would prefer to have Coleman or value him equally with those picks, so might be worth trying.
I offered him to the 1.3 and was laughed at. I own the 1.4 and will be taking Davis or Williams. That is why I am trying to get the 5th pick. Coleman will just sit on my bench ( except for injury ) and I need ( understatement ) RB help.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 am

BradysBunch wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:11 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 am If you're not as high on Coleman, offer him to the 1.03 or 1.04 owner and see if they'd be interested. Plenty of people would prefer to have Coleman or value him equally with those picks, so might be worth trying.
I offered him to the 1.3 and was laughed at. I own the 1.4 and will be taking Davis or Williams. That is why I am trying to get the 5th pick. Coleman will just sit on my bench ( except for injury ) and I need ( understatement ) RB help.
Then maybe try offering him and the 1.04 for the 1.01 or 1.02 (I'd probably ask the owners of the 1.01 and 1.02 to add something on their side as well).

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:36 am

The alternative - and I say this as a Coleman believer - is to let him do his thing to start the season. I think he'll flash, and you can trade for an established Rb with your WR depth.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:06 pm

I agree. I am trying to package Coco with 1.10 and get 1.2 and early second.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller