Trade Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trade Advice

Postby IronSkull » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Just got offered a trade in my 12 team non ppr league

I GET - Johnny Knox, Hakeem Nicks, Lesean Mccoy
I GIVE - Sydney Rice, Micheal Turner

I might be able to get shon greene instead of mccoy but i kinda prefer mccoy because he is alot younger

What do you think?
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:22 pm

I wouldn't touch that deal, especially in a non-PPR. Rice and Turner are TD machines; Knox and McCoy's primary value will come from receptions. No deal...

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:11 pm

I would most definitely do the deal with Shone Greene...Greene is young too and Turner has got mileage and is approaching 30.
Twitter @haydn239

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:30 pm

haydn239 wrote:I would most definitely do the deal with Shone Greene...Greene is young too and Turner has got mileage and is approaching 30.
Turner doesn't have as much Mileage as a RB typically would at his age. He did play behind LT for 4 years where not even 1 year did he break 100 touches. He's actually sitting on pretty fresh legs for a 28 year old RB in the NFL. Just my opinion.

I'd say no deal. The Falcons rushed Turner coming into last season after the ankle injury. He'll be coming into this season healthy and ready to do what he does best. Score TD's which mite I add in the past 2 years has been 27 TD's.
Team 1: SF/2TE/PPR

QB:Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence*
RB: De'Andre Swift, Johnathan Taylor, Ronald Rones
WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Brown, D.J. Moore, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Ja'Marr Chase*
TE: George Kittle, Hayden Hurst, Albert O, Brevin Jordan*

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:34 pm

jimmo wrote:I wouldn't touch that deal, especially in a non-PPR. Rice and Turner are TD machines; Knox and McCoy's primary value will come from receptions. No deal...
I do not agree with any part of this, no offense.. I would take this deal in a heartbeat! Rice may have one more year with Favre then what? Favre is the ONLY reason that he was fantasy worthy last year, sell high as far as I am concerned.. As far as Knox his value does not increase nor decrease with it being non ppr, not one bit.. He is never going to be a 100 receptions kind of guy.. Then Nicks you also have the same thing, Steve Smith is the possesion reciever there and this non ppr actually may make Nicks a better value!! Then as far as RB that is your preference but to say that McCoys primary value will come from receptions I can't buy into that.. His value would be higher in a PPR league that is for sure however from what I remember a guy like Westbrook was an elite RB in a non ppr as well as ppr.. There are my 2 cents.
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:41 pm

pntgvn2399 wrote:
jimmo wrote:I wouldn't touch that deal, especially in a non-PPR. Rice and Turner are TD machines; Knox and McCoy's primary value will come from receptions. No deal...
I do not agree with any part of this, no offense.. I would take this deal in a heartbeat! Rice may have one more year with Favre then what? Favre is the ONLY reason that he was fantasy worthy last year, sell high as far as I am concerned.. As far as Knox his value does not increase nor decrease with it being non ppr, not one bit.. He is never going to be a 100 receptions kind of guy.. Then Nicks you also have the same thing, Steve Smith is the possesion reciever there and this non ppr actually may make Nicks a better value!! Then as far as RB that is your preference but to say that McCoys primary value will come from receptions I can't buy into that.. His value would be higher in a PPR league that is for sure however from what I remember a guy like Westbrook was an elite RB in a non ppr as well as ppr.. There are my 2 cents.
I don't know about all that. Sorry but you can spin it what ever way you want it. I don't believe Sidney Rice will lose his value once Favre leaves. I honestly believe Tjax will have benefited from playing under Favre for a year or 2 and will be ready to take over the reigns just as other QB's have gone on to do on different teams after playing under Favre and I have no doubt in my mind Favre mite be spending a little extra time with Tjax simply so there's someone to stick it to Ted once he's no longer able too.

Rice is a quality receiver. He broke out last year ... yes with the help of Favre. However, some of the catches he made were Fitzgerald // Marshall type catches. He's a guy that goes up and get's the ball you just have to be able to put it in his vicinity.

Just my 2 cents but I disagree with your suggestion on Rice. That's like saying Fitz value has dropped with out Warner. Fitz will still be a stud even with Leinhart and I fully believe Rice will be with Tjax

QB:Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence*
WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Brown, D.J. Moore, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Ja'Marr Chase*

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:54 pm

NickGB wrote:
pntgvn2399 wrote:
I don't know about all that. Sorry but you can spin it what ever way you want it. I don't believe Sidney Rice will lose his value once Favre leaves. I honestly believe Tjax will have benefited from playing under Favre for a year or 2 and will be ready to take over the reigns just as other QB's have gone on to do on different teams after playing under Favre and I have no doubt in my mind Favre mite be spending a little extra time with Tjax simply so there's someone to stick it to Ted once he's no longer able too.

Rice is a quality receiver. He broke out last year ... yes with the help of Favre. However, some of the catches he made were Fitzgerald // Marshall type catches. He's a guy that goes up and get's the ball you just have to be able to put it in his vicinity.

Just my 2 cents but I disagree with your suggestion on Rice. That's like saying Fitz value has dropped with out Warner. Fitz will still be a stud even with Leinhart and I fully believe Rice will be with Tjax
We are going to have to agree to disagree here.. I am not saying I would not like Rice on my team, however if I can turn that into Knox (who has been named the #1 for right now) and Nicks who has already turned in a great rookie season only playing part time, I would pull the trigger!! With Turner you may be right he may come back and put in a great year, however I would much rather have someone else take that risk then be stuck with him going into next year turning 29 years old.. If I can get a guy like Greene or McCoy for Turner, I take it..

With Favre and other QBs it has been well documented that he isn't there to teach anyone anything, he didn't go out of his way to help Rodgers and I highly doubt he would go out of his way with Tj. You also have to remember if he does come back he wont be there for the begining of camp anyways and when he does arrive it will be all business.. You cant say that "other" QBs have gone on to really do anything after Favre because you cannot in your right mind compare Aaron Rodgers to Jackson!! Rodgers is the only guy under Favre to do anything and that has nothing to do with Favre, his play is completely different than Favre..

Last thing haha... I along with everyone on this board I think, would say Fitz value has dropped with Warner gone! That doesn't mean we wouldn't want him, but with no Warner his value has definelty taken a hit..
12 Team PPR IDP
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

greene

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:55 pm

I'd do the deal only if you could get greene. Nicks has just as much potential as Rice (imo) and his QB situation is settled for along time. the same can't be said for Rice. Knox is icing on the cake. I don't get the Shady McCoy love. people like to say his value increases with westy gone but he was gone 8 or 9 games last yr and Shady didn't look too good. I'd stay way way way away from Shady.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:00 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/ro ... asy,246626

Here's a piece on Rice/Fitzgerald comparison

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Rice is a TD machine? He scored 8 last year.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm going to make a bold claim and say that McCoy will be this year's version of Mendenhall.

I remember last preseason, seeing Mendy ranked in the 30's. Everyone said he "just doesn't have it". In a 10 team league, I had him, then dropped him during preseason, then picked him up off the waiver wire right before his breakout game vs. The Chargers. And I remember before that game, seeing that Parker was injured, and everyone on redraft messageboards thought that Mewelde Moore would ascend to the #1 RB for the Steelers.

Anyways, I think McCoy can put it together like Mendy did. Maybe he won't be as good, but he'll still rise up!

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 pm

pntgvn2399 wrote:
NickGB wrote:
pntgvn2399 wrote: I do not agree with any part of this, no offense.. I would take this deal in a heartbeat! Rice may have one more year with Favre then what? Favre is the ONLY reason that he was fantasy worthy last year, sell high as far as I am concerned.. As far as Knox his value does not increase nor decrease with it being non ppr, not one bit.. He is never going to be a 100 receptions kind of guy.. Then Nicks you also have the same thing, Steve Smith is the possesion reciever there and this non ppr actually may make Nicks a better value!! Then as far as RB that is your preference but to say that McCoys primary value will come from receptions I can't buy into that.. His value would be higher in a PPR league that is for sure however from what I remember a guy like Westbrook was an elite RB in a non ppr as well as ppr.. There are my 2 cents.

We are going to have to agree to disagree here.. I am not saying I would not like Rice on my team, however if I can turn that into Knox (who has been named the #1 for right now) and Nicks who has already turned in a great rookie season only playing part time, I would pull the trigger!! With Turner you may be right he may come back and put in a great year, however I would much rather have someone else take that risk then be stuck with him going into next year turning 29 years old.. If I can get a guy like Greene or McCoy for Turner, I take it..

With Favre and other QBs it has been well documented that he isn't there to teach anyone anything, he didn't go out of his way to help Rodgers and I highly doubt he would go out of his way with Tj. You also have to remember if he does come back he wont be there for the begining of camp anyways and when he does arrive it will be all business.. You cant say that "other" QBs have gone on to really do anything after Favre because you cannot in your right mind compare Aaron Rodgers to Jackson!! Rodgers is the only guy under Favre to do anything and that has nothing to do with Favre, his play is completely different than Favre..

Last thing haha... I along with everyone on this board I think, would say Fitz value has dropped with Warner gone! That doesn't mean we wouldn't want him, but with no Warner his value has definelty taken a hit..
Matt Hasselbeck

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:44 pm

brice587 wrote:
pntgvn2399 wrote:
NickGB wrote: I don't know about all that. Sorry but you can spin it what ever way you want it. I don't believe Sidney Rice will lose his value once Favre leaves. I honestly believe Tjax will have benefited from playing under Favre for a year or 2 and will be ready to take over the reigns just as other QB's have gone on to do on different teams after playing under Favre and I have no doubt in my mind Favre mite be spending a little extra time with Tjax simply so there's someone to stick it to Ted once he's no longer able too.

Matt Hasselbeck
Mark Brunell and sorry yes Favre had a lot to do with the development of Hasselback // Rodgers (Depends what version of the Favre story you want to believe) and a little bit to do with Brunell. So, no I'm sorry you're wrong in the sense that Favre had nothing to do with the development of these players because Favre was a gun slinger and Aaron Rodgers is a precision passer. The #1 thing to being a successful QB in the NFL is your leadership ability which Favre had and then some. If you can't lead your team it doesn't matter how you throw the ball. Plain and simple.

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:49 pm

pntgvn2399 wrote:
NickGB wrote:
pntgvn2399 wrote: I do not agree with any part of this, no offense.. I would take this deal in a heartbeat! Rice may have one more year with Favre then what? Favre is the ONLY reason that he was fantasy worthy last year, sell high as far as I am concerned.. As far as Knox his value does not increase nor decrease with it being non ppr, not one bit.. He is never going to be a 100 receptions kind of guy.. Then Nicks you also have the same thing, Steve Smith is the possesion reciever there and this non ppr actually may make Nicks a better value!! Then as far as RB that is your preference but to say that McCoys primary value will come from receptions I can't buy into that.. His value would be higher in a PPR league that is for sure however from what I remember a guy like Westbrook was an elite RB in a non ppr as well as ppr.. There are my 2 cents.

I also teand to think you're reading way too far in the "Value drop" on Fitz. Fitz with out Warner is still a top 5 WR ... He's a monster and will continue to be with out Warner.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade Advice

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:42 pm

IronSkull wrote:Just got offered a trade in my 12 team non ppr league

I GET - Johnny Knox, Hakeem Nicks, Lesean Mccoy
I GIVE - Sydney Rice, Micheal Turner

I might be able to get shon greene instead of mccoy but i kinda prefer mccoy because he is alot younger

What do you think?
No way in a non-ppr league. I wouldn't even do the deal if you were able to get Greene instead of McCoy as I'm that high on Rice with or without Favre...