Tyrell Williams

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Hammie1014
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Tyrell Williams

Postby Hammie1014 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:22 am

Just looking for some thoughts on what to do with Tyrell Williams this offseason?

He was solid for me this season, but I don't see him being higher than a 3rd or 4th option next year with Keenan returning.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
12-team, 1 PPR, Start 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 4Flex (RB/WR/TE)
2016: 3rd

QB: Carr, Dalton, Savage
RB: D. Johnson, Miller, Ingram, C. West, Carey, Hightower
WR: A. Jeffrey, K. Allen, Cobb, Tate, T. Hill, Roberts, Stills, Wallace, Woods, M. Wilson, JJ Nelson, Ty. Williams, Sharpe, A. Erickson, Goodwin, Turner,
TE: Olsen, Fleener
2017 Picks: 3rd Round, 4th Round
2018 Picks: 1,2,3,4

10-team, 1 PPR, Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex (RB/WR/TE)- TOTAL REBUILD IN PROGRESS

QB: Stafford, Bortles
RB: C. Thompson, K. Drake, D. Martin, S. Draughn
WR: Landry, Perriman, Snead, Marshall, Sanders, Fuller, Britt, Decker, Austin, John Brown, Core, D-Jax, Lafell, Stills
TE: Walker, Allen, Fleener, Pitta
K: Tucker
D/ST: Seattle
2017 Picks: 3.01, 3.09,4.01
2018 Picks: 1,1,1,2,2,3,4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyrell Williams

Postby skip » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:55 am

Already been discussed in multiple threads but I guess it bears repeating since I am the resident Keenan Allen "hater". There is zero chance Tyrell moves to the #3 or #4 (behind who???) In that offense. Wouldn't surprise at all if he is the 1a/1b. To think that Keenan is going to walk in and see 10+ targets a game...Not happening.

Unless I am getting a minimum of a top 5 pick in this draft, buyers can pound dirt.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pocylpse
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pocylpse » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Williams will be the Chargers #2 option. On your roster he appears to be your current #4 receiver overall. I would keep him for depth in your case.
10 Team PPR
'14 - 2nd, '15 - 3rd, '16-10th, '17-5th
QB: Brees, Mayfield, K. Allen
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Duke Johnson, Breida, Gio, Mattison, Gallman, D. Williams (KC)
WR: Nuk, Cooks, Kupp, ARob, Landry, Corey Davis, John Brown, Pettis, AJ Brown
TE: Hockenson, Olsen, Goedert
Defense: Packers
K: Gould

12 Team - Contract League, .5 PPR
'15 - 9th, '16- 8th, '17-5th
QB: Rivers (1), Stafford (4), Jones (4)
RB: Kamara (3), McCaffrey (3), CJ Anderson (1), Dixon (2)
WR: Hopkins (3), Evans (4), ARob (1), Cole (4), DJ Moore (4), Ridley (4), Dez (2), A. Miller (4), Wilson (3)
TE: Eifert (2), McDonald (1), Gesicki (4), Hurst (4)
Defense: Browns (1)

10 Team PPR
'16 - 4th, '17 - 1st
QB: Jones, Mayfield
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Chubb, Cohen, Gio, Ito, Josh Adams
WR: Diggs, Hill, ARob, Edelman, FItz, DJ Moore, A. Miller, Callaway, M Valdez, Crowder
TE: Kelce, Burton, Goedert
Def: Titans

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:15 pm

I could see a scenario where he's below Keenan, Benjamin and Henry for targets. I don't think that will be the case. He should be the heavy favorite to be the WR2 in SD and I would also expect him to out-target Henry. That said if we assume a healthy season from Keenan (that seems like a big if doesn't it?) Williams fantasy output will regress next year all else equal. Unless you can unload him for a mid-high first or comparable value I'd hold and see how this shakes out.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:48 pm

jcc6fd wrote:I could see a scenario where he's below Keenan, Benjamin and Henry for targets. I don't think that will be the case. He should be the heavy favorite to be the WR2 in SD and I would also expect him to out-target Henry. That said if we assume a healthy season from Keenan (that seems like a big if doesn't it?) Williams fantasy output will regress next year all else equal. Unless you can unload him for a mid-high first or comparable value I'd hold and see how this shakes out.
Why can't his fantasy output increase even with a healthy Keenan? It is not like he is catching an insane amount of balls. Having another healhy, reliable receiver helps IMO. I do not expect his fantasy putput to decrease next season and am valuing hin accordingly.

SanDiegoGuy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SanDiegoGuy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:36 pm

besides the other WRs, he will have Woodhead to compete with, especially for TDs in the red zone. I don't see any reason to keep him, and couldn't see starting him unless I couldn't find any #2 WR out there to start over him. By the way, he helped me get to finals this season which I lost by 1.8 points after the missed extra point by Novak in Sat night's game.
Wild West Shootout

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:04 pm

SanDiegoGuy wrote:besides the other WRs, he will have Woodhead to compete with, especially for TDs in the red zone. I don't see any reason to keep him, and couldn't see starting him unless I couldn't find any #2 WR out there to start over him. By the way, he helped me get to finals this season which I lost by 1.8 points after the missed extra point by Novak in Sat night's game.
Even assuming the Chargers sign Woodhead (unlikely given his age and injury this season), why do people always leap to assumptions about who loses targets?

Tyrell was awesome this season and there is no evidence to suggest a regression.

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:27 pm

Keep him. Why wouldn't you? What is the motivating factor to lose him? Trade?
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:16 am

Novacane wrote:
jcc6fd wrote:I could see a scenario where he's below Keenan, Benjamin and Henry for targets. I don't think that will be the case. He should be the heavy favorite to be the WR2 in SD and I would also expect him to out-target Henry. That said if we assume a healthy season from Keenan (that seems like a big if doesn't it?) Williams fantasy output will regress next year all else equal. Unless you can unload him for a mid-high first or comparable value I'd hold and see how this shakes out.
Why can't his fantasy output increase even with a healthy Keenan? It is not like he is catching an insane amount of balls. Having another healhy, reliable receiver helps IMO. I do not expect his fantasy putput to decrease next season and am valuing hin accordingly.
My assumption is the high leverage/TD targets decrease with a healthy Keenan. I see a lot of Williams value arising from necessity. Keenan's MO is being a target hog and I don't see Ty Williams getting as many targets or as many high leverage targets with Keenan. I respect the argument that Ty doesn't get a huge amount of targets argument but I think it overlooks how thin SD's offense was. Keenan being back and SD adding offensive options plus an increased role for Henry will probably result in fewer looks for Ty considering how many targets they had to give Ty this year because there was little else.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

Hammie1014
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Hammie1014 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 am

Will definitely be holding on to him then. Just wanted to see if people thought the value I could get for him would outweigh what he will be next year.
12-team, 1 PPR, Start 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 4Flex (RB/WR/TE)
2016: 3rd

QB: Carr, Dalton, Savage
RB: D. Johnson, Miller, Ingram, C. West, Carey, Hightower
WR: A. Jeffrey, K. Allen, Cobb, Tate, T. Hill, Roberts, Stills, Wallace, Woods, M. Wilson, JJ Nelson, Ty. Williams, Sharpe, A. Erickson, Goodwin, Turner,
TE: Olsen, Fleener
2017 Picks: 3rd Round, 4th Round
2018 Picks: 1,2,3,4

10-team, 1 PPR, Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex (RB/WR/TE)- TOTAL REBUILD IN PROGRESS

QB: Stafford, Bortles
RB: C. Thompson, K. Drake, D. Martin, S. Draughn
WR: Landry, Perriman, Snead, Marshall, Sanders, Fuller, Britt, Decker, Austin, John Brown, Core, D-Jax, Lafell, Stills
TE: Walker, Allen, Fleener, Pitta
K: Tucker
D/ST: Seattle
2017 Picks: 3.01, 3.09,4.01
2018 Picks: 1,1,1,2,2,3,4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:56 am

jcc6fd wrote:My assumption is the high leverage/TD targets decrease with a healthy Keenan. I see a lot of Williams value arising from necessity. Keenan's MO is being a target hog and I don't see Ty Williams getting as many targets or as many high leverage targets with Keenan. I respect the argument that Ty doesn't get a huge amount of targets argument but I think it overlooks how thin SD's offense was. Keenan being back and SD adding offensive options plus an increased role for Henry will probably result in fewer looks for Ty considering how many targets they had to give Ty this year because there was little else.
So despite now having two great assets in Tyrell and Henry, you are expecting Keenan to somehow maintain a high target volume? I expect the exact opposite. I don't see how Keenan can possibly get a high volume with so many other viable options. You do realize that the only reason that Keenan ever was high volume in 2015 was because there was "little else" in that offense to throw to?

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:54 pm

skip wrote:
jcc6fd wrote:My assumption is the high leverage/TD targets decrease with a healthy Keenan. I see a lot of Williams value arising from necessity. Keenan's MO is being a target hog and I don't see Ty Williams getting as many targets or as many high leverage targets with Keenan. I respect the argument that Ty doesn't get a huge amount of targets argument but I think it overlooks how thin SD's offense was. Keenan being back and SD adding offensive options plus an increased role for Henry will probably result in fewer looks for Ty considering how many targets they had to give Ty this year because there was little else.
So despite now having two great assets in Tyrell and Henry, you are expecting Keenan to somehow maintain a high target volume? I expect the exact opposite. I don't see how Keenan can possibly get a high volume with so many other viable options. You do realize that the only reason that Keenan ever was high volume in 2015 was because there was "little else" in that offense to throw to?
I expect him to regain the WR1 role. He's their best receiver. Of course the presence of more options could lower Keenan'a target share. I was mainly bringing this up to discuss Tyrell, and how Keenan will cause him to lose targets. Tyrell is a good receiver and I wouldn't move him for less than a mid-late first. Just pointing out that it wasn't wrong to assume his fantasy output will drop next year.

Ththaman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ththaman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:44 pm

I honestly think it's laughable that some are ready to say Williams is better then Keenan. I like Williams, but not close

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Ththaman wrote:I honestly think it's laughable that some are ready to say Williams is better then Keenan. I like Williams, but not close
Where did someone say that?

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Novacane wrote:
Ththaman wrote:I honestly think it's laughable that some are ready to say Williams is better then Keenan. I like Williams, but not close
Where did someone say that?
Agree. Haven't seen or heard that anywhere. I will say pretty confidently that he is already better than Travis Benjamin though, and the gap will only get larger between the two as Tyrell continues to develop. Dude was ridiculously raw coming out of college, and he is a prime candidate for the old "3rd year bump" that we all used to believe in and talk about before the 2014 WR class came in and changed all that, with expectations of immediate elite-ness being the new norm. At worst, I see him 3rd in targets behind Keenan and whichever TE is on the field on any given play. At best, I see him 2nd, behind only Keenan. That is, until Keenan gets hurt. Again.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead