Trade advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Trade advice

Postby Salty Dawg » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:29 pm

Would you greatly "prefer" either side of this deal or would you consider it close enough..

pt for every 2 recption

12 team 1pt/10 rush,rec

Mendy and M. Wallace for Reggie bush and Roddy..

Mendy side has RR/MJD/Hightower/McKNight and Maclin and Dez
Roddy side has Colston/Crabs and Knowshon/ahmad/Ronnie/Jahvid

Start 2 RBs and 3 WRs

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Trade advice

Postby Pilate » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Salty Dawg wrote:Would you greatly "prefer" either side of this deal or would you consider it close enough..

pt for every 2 recption

12 team 1pt/10 rush,rec

Mendy and M. Wallace for Reggie bush and Roddy..

Mendy side has RR/MJD/Hightower/McKNight and Maclin and Dez
Roddy side has Colston/Crabs and Knowshon/ahmad/Ronnie/Jahvid

Start 2 RBs and 3 WRs
I go back and forth on which one I like.

Push for me. :lol:

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

close

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:24 am

if you just look at the players involved only I think the mendy/wallace side has much more upside but if you look at the rosters the trade makes sense for both teams.......push.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: close

Postby Pilate » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:29 am

MARKinMI wrote:if you just look at the players involved only I think the mendy/wallace side has much more upside but if you look at the rosters the trade makes sense for both teams.......push.
I would agree if it were not for the starting requirement of 3 WR's. Roddy White is a top 10 WR (I have him #7) which makes it a tough call for me.

Wallace is promising...but far from a lock as anything more than an upside guy with potential.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:05 am

This is a good one Rob. I really struggled with my decision.

Greatly...I say no, I don't prefer either side greatly over the other. Both teams help each other in different yet key ways. I think the trade makes a lot of sense for you both. One point for every 2 receptions takes some of the value away from Roddy and Reggie. The top tier of WRs in this format top out around 250 pts per season. Only a great season with double digit touchdowns would push above that 250 point limit. Roddy has that potential.

IMO the winner depends largely on the goal of the owner. Also we're only seeing a sampling of the two rosters...to finish this tale we need QB and TE.

Team A - Mendy side has RR/MJD/Hightower/McKNight and Maclin and Dez - winners in the short term by adding Roddy (Reggie is a throw in/bye filler with limited value outside of ppr). This owner can afford to move Mendy with 2 of the top 4 RBs. Roddy gives the team a top scoring WR to bridge the gap until Dez pays off. Combine the ppg differential Roddy has over Wallace with the massive ppg advantage of MJD and Rice and this team should be one of the favorites to win this season.

Team B - Roddy side has Colston/Crabs and Knowshon/ahmad/Ronnie/Jahvid - winners in the long run with Mendy and if Wallace keeps going up up up. This owner solidifies his RB position for many seasons to come without sacrificing any of his young WR talent. This team should be a playoff team, maybe even a title contender with a strong QB/TE.

I believe both teams will be competitive for a while. If I had to choose a side it would be Team B strictly based on the players involved - Mendy and Wallace are a better pair than Roddy and Reggie. But it's really very close when you properly factor in the entire roster.

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 am

Close call, but I'd take the Mendenhall/Wallace side. Good deal for both teams though.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:52 am

rkrazy wrote:This is a good one Rob. I really struggled with my decision.

Greatly...I say no, I don't prefer either side greatly over the other. Both teams help each other in different yet key ways. I think the trade makes a lot of sense for you both. One point for every 2 receptions takes some of the value away from Roddy and Reggie. The top tier of WRs in this format top out around 250 pts per season. Only a great season with double digit touchdowns would push above that 250 point limit. Roddy has that potential.

IMO the winner depends largely on the goal of the owner. Also we're only seeing a sampling of the two rosters...to finish this tale we need QB and TE.

Team A - Mendy side has RR/MJD/Hightower/McKNight and Maclin and Dez - winners in the short term by adding Roddy (Reggie is a throw in/bye filler with limited value outside of ppr). This owner can afford to move Mendy with 2 of the top 4 RBs. Roddy gives the team a top scoring WR to bridge the gap until Dez pays off. Combine the ppg differential Roddy has over Wallace with the massive ppg advantage of MJD and Rice and this team should be one of the favorites to win this season.

Team B - Roddy side has Colston/Crabs and Knowshon/ahmad/Ronnie/Jahvid - winners in the long run with Mendy and if Wallace keeps going up up up. This owner solidifies his RB position for many seasons to come without sacrificing any of his young WR talent. This team should be a playoff team, maybe even a title contender with a strong QB/TE.

I believe both teams will be competitive for a while. If I had to choose a side it would be Team B strictly based on the players involved - Mendy and Wallace are a better pair than Roddy and Reggie. But it's really very close when you properly factor in the entire roster.

Sorry Felllas...I spoke incorrectly..very late night post..it is a 10 tm league.

AS for QB/TE Rick...

Roddy has ARodg/ASmith/MStafford and Gonzo/FDavis and Owen
Mendy has Schaub/Henne/Clausen and Keller/Olsen and RGronk

there is no Flex..its that 3rd WR instead.

btw I am trying to Acquire Roddy Fellas. :wink:

remy420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby remy420 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:54 am

I don't know. I am going to go against the grain here and say the little upgrade you are making at RB isn't worth the downgrade you take at WR. Plus you are trading for two guys on a team that will definately have some offensive struggles the first few games with no roethlisberger. And I'm not really a mendenhall fan. He was outplayed in college by Pierre Thomas and I think it will only be a matter of time before Dwyer is in a rbbc with him.
MC Dynasty League
The Highlanders
Champions 2006
12 teams, 30-man rosters
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1TE, 1K, 1Def, 1DL, 1LB, 1CB, 1S
QB:Newton, Rivers, Tua
RB:Gordon, Lindsey, Hunt, Kerryon, Mattison, Dobbins, Love
WR:A.J. Green, Julio, Diggs, Kupp, Hardman, P. Williams
TE:Hooper, Smith
K:Gould, Gonzalez
Def:Car, Chi
DL:Watt, N Bosa
LB:Ch. Jones, Roquan
DB:King, Carrie
S:Mathieu, Edmunds

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 pm

I think it's a very even deal Rob, go with your gut...

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm

offer made.
I like my gut telling me MJD,RR and Roddy 8-)

Thanks for all the feedback fellas.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:19 pm

In a vacuum, I would prefer the Mendenhall side. However, when both rosters are considered, this is a deal I like for both teams.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

remy420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby remy420 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Sorry I thought you were on the other side of the deal. Great deal for you
MC Dynasty League
The Highlanders
Champions 2006
12 teams, 30-man rosters
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1TE, 1K, 1Def, 1DL, 1LB, 1CB, 1S