Parker and White, each worth a 1st?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Parker and White, each worth a 1st?

Postby bonscott » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:27 pm

My view is that Parker is certainly worth a 1st. White is most likely as well, but he hasn't done anything yet which gives me pause.

I've got the following offer on the table proposed to me, I haven't instant rejected it yet as it made me think.

NOT the team in the sign below.

16 team league, salary cap, contracts. PPR. Won't bother with salaries in the offer since they aren't a significant part of the deal.
I sold out to win it all last year, my team will be marginal this year, don't expect the make the playoffs as I rebuild.

I give:
RB, Lamar Miller - 1 yr, can be tagged a 2nd year at a pretty high price
WR, Maclin - 1 yr, won't be tagged, already pretty expensive
2017 1st (mine, I figure middle of the pack (6th-9th)
2017 1st (should be bottom half 12th-16th), this team almost always makes the playoffs)

I get:
RB, Alfred Morris - 2 yrs, cheap
WR, Parker - 4 yrs, cheap
WR, White - 4 yrs, cheap

Contracts can toss normal thinking out the window of course. I hate to trade those 1sts already but if both Parker and White "hit" then they will anchor my team (along with Sterling Sheppard I just drafted) for the next 4-5 years. But if Miller starts out hot, despite being on the last year of his contract I may be able to pull a 1st out of him in a trade near the deadline, but that's just wishful thinking at this point. Not a big fan of Alf but perhaps he'll go somewhere else next year.

Thoughts? Appreciate it.