4 offers for the 1.1

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
keelsatx
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

4 offers for the 1.1

Postby keelsatx » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:52 am

I just acquired the 1.1 via trade (gave up Gronk) with the plan to flip it in the midst of the Zeke hype. There are 2 Cowboys fans in the league and I don't think the previous 1.1 owner shopped around much before offering it for Gronk. I've already gotten 4 offers. Which is best and should I take it or try to get something more?

This is a half-PPR league, so RBs are valued a little higher than usual.
Start 1/2/3/1+Flex

1st offer:
Lamar Miller and 1.4
for

2nd offer:
AJ Green
for

3rd offer:
AJ Green, 1.6, 4.6
for
1.1, Dion Lewis, 2.11, 2017 2nd

4th offer:
Antonio Brown and 3.2
for
1.1, M Jones, Tyler Lockett

My team:
QB Wilson
RB Bell, Dion Lewis, Woodhead, Blount, D Williams
WR Sanders, M Jones, Lockett, Aiken, R Matthews, St Johnson, Woods, Conley, Strong
TE Ebron, Clay
1.1, 2.11

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 4 offers for the 1.1

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:11 am

If your goal is to flip it for higher then wait. Barring injury his value will only increase imo. Without knowing the remaining scoring settings & league settings (# of teams & roster spots) its a little harder to make an informed response. As such my thoughts are:

If you traded Gronk straight up for the 1.01, then simply ask yourself, which if any of those offers, do you like better if you insert Gronk instead of Elliot.

The only one I like somewhat is the 1st one, and that is assuming you are a believer in whichever WR you want at 4. I definitely wouldnt trade Elliot for L. Miller and take D. Henry/Dixon #4. :sick:

The AJ Green for 1.01 deal is probably more than fair in many eyes, but Greens value has plateaued for many making him harder to trade down the road, and I dont see his addition being better for your team than Elliot/Gronk were (basically the #1 option for that teams offense). If you had a better WR corps then yes, perhaps.

The 3rd offer is the same, except you can consider Lewis as a late 1st - so its basically late first & 2 2nds for the 1.06. If you value Lewis as higher than a late 1st or believe he can repeat what he did last year over a longer period, then this is actually a worse deal imo.

The last deal is basically, imo, the other owner trying to re-frame the deal as being a deal for A. Brown, rather than a deal for the 1.01. We already know the 1.01 can be valued as more than the 1.02 & 1.03 together by some, then you can assume both Jones & Lockett are each valued as 1sts so its basically 4+ 1sts for Antonio Brown, and you've paid Gronk ++ for AB.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

apti
Rookie
Rookie

Postby apti » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:18 am

keelsatx wrote: 1st offer:
Lamar Miller and 1.4
for

2nd offer:
AJ Green
for
These are both fine offers for the 1.01 and I think you paid market price for the pick.

However, I think Gronk is worth more than AJ Green, and I'm probably not trading Gronk for Miller and the 1.04.

I would keep looking for more, especially when you throw your original trade for the 1.01 into the equation.

Teddy2Gloves
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Teddy2Gloves » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:15 am

In all honesty, I think the only trade you can do here is Lamar Miller & 1.04. Here is my thinking. Giving away Gronk made you TE spot very bad. You have 1 bright spot @ WR, 1 bright spot @ RB. Not knowing the starting lineup makes it tough, but if it was a 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE then I would say you need to land the most value to fill your team. I think you will have a rough road ahead of you but if you get Lamar Miller to team up with Bell, and Corey Coleman to team up with Sanders you at least have a good looking starting team.

The A.J Green & 1.04 wouldn't be bad either.

those are the only 2 in my eyes though.

My team:
QB Wilson
RB Bell, Dion Lewis, Woodhead, Blount, D Williams
WR Sanders, M Jones, Lockett, Aiken, R Matthews, St Johnson, Woods, Conley, Strong
TE Ebron, Clay
1.1, 2.11[/quote]
10 Team Dynasty Roster- Non-PPR Standard
QB- Prescott
RB- C.J Anderson, Howard, Bernard, Yeldon, Yeldon, McKinnon, Abdullah
WR-Allen, Tyrell Williams, M. Bryant, Tyrell Williams, Hurns, Parker, Ty Montgomery, DGB
TE-Ebron, Green

12 Team Dynasty 1- Non-PPR Standard
QB- Luck, Roethlisberger
RB- Rawls, McCoy, McKinnon, Gillislee, R. Kelley, P. Barber
WR-A. Brown, M. Evans, A. Jeffery, T Hill, Moncrief, T. Williams, Montgomery
TE- Ertz, Rudolph
PK-Hauschka

12 Team Dynasty 2- .5pt PPR- Standard Scoring 2016 LEAGUE CHAMP
QB- Dalton, Ryan, Wentz
RB- L. Bell, Gurley, Perkins, Morris, McKinnon
WR- Cooks, Cobb, A. Robinson, S. Smith, Wheaton, Moncrief, Treadwell, Decker
TE- Gates, Graham
K- Gostkowski

12-Team Dynasty 3. Non-PPR. Standard Scoring
QB: Luck, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Lacy, McCoy, Yeldon, Kelley, Ferguson
WR: Jones,Matthews,Diggs, Doctson, Fuller, Mitchell, M. Bryant, R. Matthews
TE: Ertz Rudolph
PK: Crosby

Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Spongehack » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:40 am

Giving up Gronk for 1.1 wasn't the best value, but you didn't get totally screwed. Flipping 1.1 for AJG would make sense as you need help at WR. Your RB situation is fine. If the guy is a true Cowboys fan, make him pay a little more and have him add something to AJG. I don't like that Brown deal as it will leave you too thin at WR.
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:48 am

I agree that I'd see if the AJG deal can be sweetened. Maybe you add your 2017 2nd and he adds his 2017 1st. Something like that. But I like that deal the most and then the first one.

Luck-in-Indy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Luck-in-Indy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:07 pm

I would wait and draft Zeke. Make people think your not interested in trading him then they will get desperate and give up more. Especially the cowboy fans.
12 Team Superflex PPR
Qb- Teddy, Palmer, C. Jones
Rb- Gurley, Ingram, D. Murray, A. Foster, D. Henry, D. Booker, Artis-Payne
Wr- Julio, Landry, Smith Sr, R. Matthews, T. Boyd, L. Caroo, K. Wright
Te- Eiffert, L. Green, Amaro

12 Team Superflex PPR
Qb- Winston, Cousins, RGIII
Rb- Gurley, Miller, Riddick, Lassco, Smallwood
Wr- Julio, Floyd, Lockett, M. Bryant, W. Fuller, Coates, K. Bell
Te- J. Thomas, Donnell, Quarless

10 Team PPR
Qb- Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill
Rb- Dion Lewis, TJ Yeldon, Derrick Henry, Kenneth Dixon, Jordan Howard, Alex Collins
Wr- DeAndre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Alshon Jeffery, Tyler Lockett, Michael Floyd, Tavon Austin, Chris Hogan, Josh Gordon
Te- Tyler Eifert, Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Spongehack wrote:Giving up Gronk for 1.1 wasn't the best value, but you didn't get totally screwed. Flipping 1.1 for AJG would make sense as you need help at WR. Your RB situation is fine. If the guy is a true Cowboys fan, make him pay a little more and have him add something to AJG. I don't like that Brown deal as it will leave you too thin at WR.

Pretty much this for me as well.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf4lyfe » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:55 pm

As enticing as those first two offers are, am I the only one who would take the 4th offer with Antonio Brown? I know he's 27 but man he's sooooo good!
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:59 pm

think with that roster i would keep 1.1 (zeke)...the 1st offer is most appealing and I would still keep zeke. At 4...you will get either Doctson, Tread, or Coleman. Probably Treadwell the way drafts have been going I have seen.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:08 pm

It is irrelevant what you paid for 1.1. You overpaid for it, true, but that's irrelevant. You now have 1.1, not Gronk, and that is the only piece whose value is relevant here. Gronk is a sunk cost. I would do every single one of these deals in a heart beat. 1st and 4th offers are the best I think, 3rd is the worst.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:09 pm

not to mention...a couple of good games from zeke and he is worth more than what is being offered now...lol

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:11 pm

1coldone wrote:not to mention...a couple of good games from zeke and he is worth more than what is being offered now...lol
It'll take more than a couple good games from Zeke to make him worth more than AJG. His valuation already includes the assumption that he'll put up some solid games. His value won't jump that much just because he puts up a couple good games.

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I don't agree with the "sunk cost" argument. The only reason I would have given Gronk for Zeke is if I was sure I could get a wow offer later. None of these are worth Gronk. Wait for a great offer or you made a big mistake.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Tsunami wrote:I don't agree with the "sunk cost" argument. The only reason I would have given Gronk for Zeke is if I was sure I could get a wow offer later. None of these are worth Gronk. Wait for a great offer or you made a big mistake.
Except it is by definition a sunk cost. He has already paid it. Yes his reasoning for paying that much might still be relevant if he actually values Zeke that high (or Gronk that low), but the mere fact that he paid Gronk doesn't make Zeke worth Gronk. Treating it as anything else is just trying to save face/rationalize past behavior. Yeah getting AJG for Gronk isn't as great as getting AJG for Zeke, but just because OP gave up value in a previous trade doesn't mean he shouldn't get it back now that value is knocking on the door. And AJG for 1.1 is a pretty ridiculous offer. So is AB for 1.1+Lockett+Jones.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper