Calvin Johnson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Calvin Johnson

Postby gratefulydead3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Im trying to go after CJ in my 53 man roster league.

I thought about offering Garrard, A. Foster, S. Smith(Car), and my 1.6 for CJ and his 1.1

His best QB is Vince Young who had 159.56 compared to Garrard at 252.18
Foster would be a handcuff to Slaton (his RBs are Jacobs, McFadden, Moats, Chad Simpson, Slaton, Ward)
and Smith would be his WR1 (non ppr so Smith actually outscored CJ by 20 points last year)

The owner just took over this disaster of a team after the previous guy was ousted a week ago, and I wanted to get some opinions here before I offered him anything

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 pm

You could offer it, but I REALLY doubt he'll accept it.

Garrard isn't a big upgrade, if at all (I'd rather have VY).
Foster isn't really a handcuff since Slaton probably won't be the starter. Foster could be valuable, but who knows.
Smith is a pretty substantial downgrade in my eyes, especially given the age.
And you're trying to get the 1st overall pick.

I wish you good luck.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:10 pm

u say smith outscored him by 20 points right?

CJ was out 2 games, played injured almost all of his games. had 6 games under 50 yards and played with a rookie qb.

And to get the 1.1 in this deal. Im sorry to say but i dont see it even close at all. like he said ^^^ u can offer it but most likely will get denied. Jus twanted to put my cents in :)

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:20 pm

yea i see where your coming from. Umm i still dont think its enuf but that makes the deal a little better. But still far. If he does accept UR THE MAN LOL.

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm

It would be worth offering. I sorta doubt he'd accept it (I wouldn't), but you never know.

I just think CJ's much more valuable than Smith, and a backup QB and 5th/6th RB isn't enough to make up the difference.

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:35 pm

outrage wrote:I just think CJ's much more valuable than Smith, and a backup QB and 5th/6th RB isn't enough to make up the difference.
Understandable. Well now I'm starting to think about offering Colston, and Dustin Keller for CJ straight up.

Colston is a drop off but still a solid WR1, and Keller would start over his other TEs (Rosario and Fasano)

Any thoughts?

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Much better. He desperately needs help at TE, so that just might do it.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Understandable. Well now I'm starting to think about offering Colston, and Dustin Keller for CJ straight up.

Colston is a drop off but still a solid WR1, and Keller would start over his other TEs (Rosario and Fasano)

Any thoughts?
Much more reasonable offer. However I'd still go with the other trade 1st, but would not ask for his 1st rounder, while still giving up your own. But I'd much rather part with Smith than Colston.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Take the 1.1 off of his side. The way it stands you have no chance on your original offer.

The second offer is better. I have Calvin rated slightly higher than Colston, but Keller pretty low. He's an improvement over what he has, so he'll at least consider that one.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

princevincexoxo

Re: Calvin Johnson

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:58 pm

gratefulydead3 wrote:Im trying to go after CJ in my 53 man roster league.

I thought about offering Garrard, A. Foster, S. Smith(Car), and my 1.6 for CJ and his 1.1

His best QB is Vince Young who had 159.56 compared to Garrard at 252.18
Foster would be a handcuff to Slaton (his RBs are Jacobs, McFadden, Moats, Chad Simpson, Slaton, Ward)
and Smith would be his WR1 (non ppr so Smith actually outscored CJ by 20 points last year)

The owner just took over this disaster of a team after the previous guy was ousted a week ago, and I wanted to get some opinions here before I offered him anything
Not even close dynasty wise.....

CJ >>>>Smith
1.1 is way more valuable than what ur giving him...

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 pm

gratefulydead3 wrote:
outrage wrote:I just think CJ's much more valuable than Smith, and a backup QB and 5th/6th RB isn't enough to make up the difference.

Any thoughts?
Try Colston, Smith, Keller and 1.6 for Calvin, 1.1, and something else....that way you get maximum value in return for Smith rather than trying to trade him later and getting much less.....

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 am

The first offer is not even close but the second one sounds better, allthough I´d probably still be hesitant to accept it.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 am

BradyT wrote:The first offer is not even close but the second one sounds better, allthough I´d probably still be hesitant to accept it.
X2

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:33 pm

The 1st offer is CRAZY.

The 2nd has something to it but if I had Calvin I would still not accept.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Who Dey~Cincy wrote:The 1st offer is CRAZY.

The 2nd has something to it but if I had Calvin I would still not accept.
This.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars