Which offer do you like better?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
outrage
Starter
Starter

Which offer do you like better?

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm looking to upgrade my RBs, and have 2 possible offers.

Offer 1:
Boldin + F.Jackon for Rice + P.Thomas

I offered this to him, and he said he needs to think it over. It seems like a win-win. I get a very solid 3rd RB in Thomas, and Boldin to Rice is pretty much a push (or an upgrade to some).

Offer 2:
Boldin + Barber + 1st for MJD

He offered this to me. I'd be set at RB with MJD, Stewart, and Moreno. I can afford to lose Boldin since I'm pretty loaded at WR. Losing the 1st (1.08) hurts a bit, but it's not really a big deal.

Both seem like solid offers to me, but I just don't know which I like better. Offer 1 potentially gives me 2 upgrades and I don't lose any depth in the process, while offer 2 gives me a stud (something I don't really have).

I think I'm leaning towards offer 1, but of course I'm waiting to see if he'll do it or not. Should I wait to hear his reply, or just accept offer 2? Thoughts?

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Accept offer #2 ................................. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Shawn wrote:Accept offer #2 ................................. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Haha. I've been VERY tempted... trust me.

There's also another possible offer I've been talking over with another owner. I won't go into details (don't want to complicate things), but this 3rd offer would compliment offer 1 much better.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 pm

ACCEPT OFFER 2. id give that for MJD in a heart beat. Bolden is good but u can afford to lose him. Barber wil lbe the #2 rb in denver. And a 1st for MJD. hes a top 4 dynasty rb. Take that deal IMO

Deal 1: Fred Jackson >>> PT (i see jackson as the #1 in buff) and i like bolden more than rice. who knows what rice will be when favres gone!

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 pm

outrage wrote:
Shawn wrote:Accept offer #2 ................................. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

There's also another possible offer I've been talking over with another owner. I won't go into details (don't want to complicate things), but this 3rd offer would compliment offer 1 much better.
what # is that 1st? regardless, id still take MJD.

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:56 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
outrage wrote:

what # is that 1st? regardless, id still take MJD.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm

ima say it again....ACCEPT IT LOL

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 pm

I've tried to overpay for MJD time and time again to an owner that really needs to rebuild and he refuses. Take it now.
MJD all the way!!!
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm

How important is Jennings as a handcuff. Do I need to somehow get him in this deal?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Offer #1 is in your favor as most have Rice ahead of Boldin or at best that is a push. And PT is definitely more valuable than Fred Jackson.

Offer #2 is a fair price to pay for MJD. If you can afford to make this move, its a solid one.

Have you considered combining the offers like this:

Boldin, Barber, Fred Jackson, and the 1.08 for MJD and Rice ? I'd even kick in a little more from your side if you can make it happen.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:48 pm

The offers are from different people. Sorry I didn't specify.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 pm

outrage wrote:How important is Jennings as a handcuff. Do I need to somehow get him in this deal?
Not that important. Nice to get but not a deal breaker. Deal 2 is an easy one to make. Deal one is also a pretty nice trade for you. Anyway to to swap out Boldin in one of the two and do both?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 pm

jimmo wrote:
outrage wrote:How important is Jennings as a handcuff. Do I need to somehow get him in this deal?
Not that important. Nice to get but not a deal breaker. Deal 2 is an easy one to make. Deal one is also a pretty nice trade for you. Anyway to to swap out Boldin in one of the two and do both?
Ah, nice idea... I'd see if the guy in offer 1 wants Nicks instead of Boldin.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 pm

jimmo wrote:
With Colston, probably, but I don't think I'd do that. Wouldn't really need Pierre.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 am

Deal #2 is ridiculous.. it should´ve been accepted in the very first second you saw it...
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11