Malcolm Mitchell

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jonf86
Starter
Starter

Malcolm Mitchell

Postby jonf86 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:17 pm

New to the forum. About to enter the 5th year of my 10 team dynasty league (.5 PPR) and have pick 1.10 in the rookie draft. I don't have a 2nd rounder, next pick is 3.6. Just like most others, I'm not super impressed with this rookie class, but one player I've zeroed in on is Malcolm Mitchell. Is 1.10 too early for him? I don't think he'll be available in the 3rd and frankly I'd feel a little bit nervous trading much farther back into the second round. From everything I've read and seen, his only weakness is his injury history. With that being said, he was still healthy his final season at Georgia. He's got 10 1/2 inch hands......monstrous (which obviously comes in handy catching the ball), has good measureables and combine numbers across the board, put up very solid numbers with an average qb in a run heavy offense against SEC defenses. Not to mention, I really like his situation in New England. I'm not pretending like I no more than NFL scouts/teams, but I'm not sure why he lasted until the fourth round. I guess what I'm asking is why should I take a player like Fuller (who I really do not like), Boyd, Carroo, Prosise or Dixon over him?
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

jnappy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Malcolm Mitchell

Postby jnappy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Welcome to the forum!

If Mitchell is your guy, I'd try to trade back to the middle of the 2nd at least. You may be able to pick up an extra pick and still get your guy.
[Team 1] 2015 - 6th | 2016 - 12th | 2017 - 3rd | 2018 - 1st! | 2019 - 3rd | 2020 - 5th
Hometown league
Jimmy GQ
32 team full PPR/IDP - 1TMQB/1RB/1WR/1TE/1FLEX/1TMPK/1DL/1LB/1DB
TMQB: 49ers
RB: Kamara, DJ, Hines, JJack
WR: ARob, Mooney, Myers, JGrant
TE: Goedert, Kroft, Keene
TMPK: 49ers
DL: JPP
LB: Oluokun, Shaq Thompson
DB: Poyer
2021 picks: 1.26, 2.26, 3.26
2022 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 pm

If you like him that much then take him, I'd try to trade back 5 or 6 spots and get an extra pick out of it though.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

jnappy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jnappy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Coogan23 wrote:If you like him that much then take him, I'd try to trade back 5 or 6 spots and get an extra pick out of it though.
Great minds think alike eh Coog?
[Team 1] 2015 - 6th | 2016 - 12th | 2017 - 3rd | 2018 - 1st! | 2019 - 3rd | 2020 - 5th
Hometown league
Jimmy GQ
32 team full PPR/IDP - 1TMQB/1RB/1WR/1TE/1FLEX/1TMPK/1DL/1LB/1DB
TMQB: 49ers
RB: Kamara, DJ, Hines, JJack
WR: ARob, Mooney, Myers, JGrant
TE: Goedert, Kroft, Keene
TMPK: 49ers
DL: JPP
LB: Oluokun, Shaq Thompson
DB: Poyer
2021 picks: 1.26, 2.26, 3.26
2022 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:26 pm

jnappy wrote:
Coogan23 wrote:If you like him that much then take him, I'd try to trade back 5 or 6 spots and get an extra pick out of it though.
Great minds think alike eh Coog?
Lol I guess so, I think we were typing that at the exact same time.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

B1GNate35
Role Player
Role Player

Postby B1GNate35 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Agree w/ this statement and the one above.

Prospector
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prospector » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:48 pm

agreed - trade back and pick up another player or pick. Someone will want to cough up more to get Dixon, or boyd etc. I just took Mitchell at 2.11. I think the 4-5 picks is good. Don't bank on him being there at 2.11 though.

msbutterfield885
Role Player
Role Player

Postby msbutterfield885 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:03 pm

If you can get back into the 4 to 6 range of the 2nd I would. I wouldn't look to move back farther than that though.

Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pix » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:39 am

I think 1.10 is a sweet spot in the draft. With Dixon still available, someone is sure to be willing to trade up from the mid 2nd. With an ADP of around 19, it would be overpay to take Mitchell at 1.10. It pays to be flexible in a draft - the more you have your heart set on player X, the more you need to overpay. The more flexible you are, the further you can risk trading back.

Personally, I have Dixon and Carroo way above those other guys, and would take one of them at 1.10.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:26 am

I took him at 2.07 in my rookie draft in May. If you can move back I would, but would try to stay within the top 4-5 picks of the 2nd just to be sure in case you have a Pats homer in your league. If you can trade back to say 2.03 and pick up a 2017 2nd or something that would be ideal. BUT have a plan in case someone takes Mitchell so do research for players in that range just in case.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 am

I don't know, I have seen Mitchell go as high as 2.01 in some drafts. If I had my heart set on him the 3rd round pick I could get moving back a few spots means nothing to me. Maybe if I could get some value with a move to 2.01 but that is abouT as far as I would go if he is who I really wanted
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:44 am

I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on him. BB's history of drafting WRs is not good at all. I agree with trying to trade back and getting another pick.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens